Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Thank you for a perfect set up to something I've been wondering today in relation to Iceman's outfit....

THIS is from the variant Marvel Pride cover, showing all..many...of Marvel's LGTBQ characters framing it like the old 25th anniversary frame.
    Iceman looks rather..feminine in the face.
    Is it that everything is kind of in a bishonen style...or maybe a new direction for the character?
    Attachment 108988
    I think you're reaching... He looks the same as everyone in Vecchio's artstyle, he just has his mouth open and a different kind of skin/body/eyes as he's ice.

I just download the Hellfire Gala Guide from Comixology. It was FREE there.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-colossus-h...rending-topic/

I love how #colossus has been trending on Twitter because of the huge... impression his design made.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-colossus-h...rending-topic/

I love how #colossus has been trending on Twitter because of the huge... impression his design made.
    Impression indeed.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Everyone is talking about colussus but I reckon Sunfire has really brought the glamour on behalf of the men I reckon

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Full page

How can one man be so sexy?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    The Iceman design makes me more annoyed the more I think of it. I love that they've let him out of the closet, but I hate that it's all they can do with him now. His Sina Grace solo was annoying and this awful design smells of that series.Bobby deserves to be a fully rounded character, not some cliche trash.
    As a non binary queer, THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!!!!! The cliche stereotyping has bothered me for a while now. I have been a drag queen since 18 year old, and even I am not that stereotypical. But I have been afraid to say it on here because of fear of being attacked b the board.

Not feeling Dani's costume. It comes across as too much thrown together. They could have gone for a stunning valkire design.

Colossus is indeed the daddy of the gala. Looking good Peter.

Synch is killing it. Though would have loved to see more of his old Gen x gang other than M or Jubes. Sad to see no Husk, Chamber or Skin. They could have had some amazing designs using their powers. But I get the feeling the powers that be don't care for those guys much
    Last edited by Salemdelight; 04-28-2021 at 04:01 AM.

Just went on comixogy to get the xbooks of the day and wanted to share they have the gala book on there for free. Added it to my cart too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    As a non binary queer, THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!!!!! The cliche stereotyping has bothered me for a while now. I have been a drag queen since 18 year old, and even I am not that stereotypical. But I have been afraid to say it on here because of fear of being attacked b the board.
    I agree with y’all, there are well I don’t know how to say it but non flamboyant gay men out there. Bobby’s situation would’ve lead more to that than having him pull this 180 he has done since being outed...

Lil nasX is prodigy and Childish bambino is Manifold...

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Rictor, Daken, Northstar, Pyro, Kyle have all been shown in their outfits at gala. How is it Iceman is cliche when X-men are presenting all types of queer people? Again the legit only complaint about this imo is that you didn't in vision Iceman as gay male who would wear dress that is fine you weren't present with evidence before. But moving forward this complaint will be invalid because Iceman is being shown as gay male who would wear dress on occasion. It is cemented in canon, this is Iceman presentation moving forward. Any time moving forward someone says Iceman is doing "cliché queer things" you can point to things like this moment to go no Iceman is the type who would do that. As someone who was closeted it is understandable they aren't tons of examples or hints in canon.

This is coming from a straight male who believes Iceman sexuality shouldn't have been changed, who believes Iceman past presentation would have made him BI, Iceman isn't the type to wear a dress BUT what I believe doesn't matter what the book presents is canon, that is the only thing that matters in the big picture. And what the book is presenting is Iceman is very much gay man who does things that some people think are cliche. The fiction is providing the evidence that is who he is period, for people to ignore it is wrong. And the X-men has so many presentation of gay and bisexual males now who aren't flamboyantly queer that to target Iceman for glamming up seems weird.

I might not like overall process of how it was done because doing things to established characters will create strong feelings from people but this is the nature of the monster "retroactive always was history is part of the genre" Wolverine name is James , Moria is a mutant, Iceman likes to glam it up in a dress at times.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-28-2021 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Rictor, Daken, Northstar, Pyro, Kyle have all been shown in their outfits at gala. How is it Iceman is cliche when X-men are presenting all types of queer people? Again the legit only complaint about this imo is that you didn't in vision Iceman as gay male who would wear dress that is fine you weren't present with evidence before. But moving forward this complaint will be invalid because Iceman is being shown as gay male who would wear dress on occasion. It is cemented in canon, this is Iceman presentation moving forward. Any time moving forward someone says is doing "cliché queer things" you can point to things like this moment to go no Iceman is the type who would do that. As someone who was closeted it is understandable they aren't tons of examples or hints in canon.
    Agreed, I was gonna point out Northstar, Rictor etc too.

Yeah, in the same thread people are saying Rictor, Daken etc. have boring looks but Bobby is TOO flamboyant? Can't blame the designers as there seems to be no pleasing everyone.

Now let's blame the designers for things they can be blamed for, like Dazzler's lazy ass visuals.

The more I think of it, Bobby subconsciously or consciously basing his Gala appearance on Warren's look makes a lot of sense.