Page 90 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1543
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Eminem Tweeted and also Instagrammed his RSVP. Gonna be in X Men and Excalibur issues.

Attachment 110251

Attachment 110252
    I wonder if Marvel are paying these celebs to promote these issues? Can't imagine Em reading these books lol.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

At the very least, Marvel would have had to reach out to their reps to get approval to use their likenesses. While I can't speak of all, it seems most of the celebrities they're including are already quite familiar with Marvel, Galas and comic books so they might think it's a hoot that they're "immortalised" in a combination of all three (it won't be the first time for some). And unless you're a Kardashian (who aren't included, thank the Goddess and the God!) I don't think they will ask for monetary payment, promotional or otherwise.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Member

i just thought of this now, but seeing Wade's latest antics at the gala, I really want to see Deadpool interact (as in a good old fashioned fight) with Boom Boom over something very trivial. It'd be just... unique.
    Last edited by Pallas; 06-06-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I wonder if Marvel are paying these celebs to promote these issues? Can't imagine Em reading these books lol.
    I'm pleased but surprised that Marc Maron got an invite, considering his heavy criticism of Marvel films in his latest special.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Ultimate Member

So we just got a heads up at the Gala that Mac and Heather, Guardian and Vindicator of Alpha Flight, broke up.

Northstar & Kyle and Aurora & Daken are the only two left in relationships. Shaman's marriage to Talisman's mom is long over. Snowbird's flirtation with some human policeman, ditto. Sasquatch and Aurora, over. Puck and Heather, probably over. Marinna and Namor's marriage ended with her death and they haven't even spoken to each other since her return, AFAIK.

I wonder if Diamond Lil has been resurrected yet, and reconnected with Madison Jeffries?

Astonishing Member

Considering the last Alpha Flight special had guardian imprisoning and gaslighting Heather, that’s not shocking

Wolverine's single red head senses go off.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Thank the Goddess! Dauterman had the best and most important part of the book. The other artists sort of ruined XM 21 for me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thank the Goddess! Dauterman had the best and most important part of the book. The other artists sort of ruined XM 21 for me.
    His art definitely stood out. This is clearly Duggan's event, less happened here than the last issue.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What do you have against Sara Pichelli's art?

Dragotta's sort of took me out of it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Today's issues really dragged for me. I know not to expect much from Excalibur, but X-Men bored me to tears after the Namor scene. The election being held at the gala was pointless since we have known the lineup for so long. I guess it's neat that we now how it was held, but that really wasn't necessary. It all felt like a big drop in quality from last week even if Hellions was a tough act to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    What do you have against Sara Pichelli's art?

Dragotta's sort of took me out of it.
    They both look so rough and unfinished compared to Dauterman's pages...and...as someone pointed out in the Emma thread...Pichelli got the details of Emma's dress so wrong....UGH!

@NewMutant...We all knew, long before, this issue was solely about introducing the new X-Men team officially to the attendees. That's the pit-falls of over-promoting and early-hyping leading to over-speculating. I suspect the other two "RED" announcements are going to fall a little flat as well as we have all pretty much already figured out what they are.

The Red Dragon

The hellfire gala has definitely been all hype and no substance. Remember when tons of things happen in 1-2 issues. Now a party is stretched to 12 issues. Even the so called red issues have all been fluff.But if it had solid character work it would be nice, but it’s just flat.

It’s so flat no one has even bothered to create an issue review

Eventhough I already knew what it was about going in...even the Namor-Erik-Charles conversation wasn't a surprise, at all (it would have been an unexpected reveal if it had gone the opposite, but)...I still enjoyed it, overall. But the cover and the artists not named Dauterman and Werneck brought its rating down from a solid 7 to 5, for me.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-09-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    The hellfire gala has definitely been all hype and no substance. Remember when tons of things happen in 1-2 issues. Now a party is stretched to 12 issues. Even the so called red issues have all been fluff.But if it had solid character work it would be nice, but it’s just flat.

It’s so flat no one has even bothered to create an issue review
    This may be worse than XOS. At least this time the books don't crossover, but is very dissapinting that the red issues have been whole nothings