Page 94 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1543

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The outrage at Sersi and Feige’s cameos amuse me to no end
    Sersi loves parties, doesn't she ?

I loved both cameos

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The outrage at Sersi and Feige’s cameos amuse me to no end
    If you don't like Sersi...you're missing out on a great character.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    All I got from Excalibur was that Rictor needs therapy and that everyone was rude to Shatterstar for absolutely no reason.
    Easily the weakest issue of the Hellfire Gala to date, New Mutants may top it.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    picture this: you are having a depressive episode. your boyfriend disappears for months without a word. he shows up to a party covered in blood and tries to make out and dance without explaining anything while you are already having a bad day.
    Picture this: You've selflessly supported your depressive, borderline alcoholic BF for years, put up with being pushed away/abandoned for absolutely no reason on several occasions, provided a home without asking for anything in return and when you finally needed that care and concern after facing unendurable trauma in Mojoworld that BF and his friends turn their backs on you.

Even if we excuse Rictor, which we shouldn't because his reasons for moping after Apocalypse is incredibly dumb, there's no reason for the other Excalibur members to act like jerks. Betsy is literally a telepath and should have understood the situation immediately.

Just bad writing, all around.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Easily the weakest issue of the Hellfire Gala to date, New Mutants may top it.
    Be hard for anything Hellfire Gala related to top New Mutants for the sheer awfulness of their outfits, except for what IceJerk is wearing (or not)
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-10-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Incredible Member

What you said about Hellions is the point, tho, IMO. This has always been advertised as issues of the regular series taking place on the same night. You should like the ones that fit into the series you’re reading. As far as we know this isn’t even being collected in an event trade, they’re being collected in their normal series.
    Well, I try to avoid promotional material and any creator interviews that are forward-looking because I loathe spoilers, but I'd be surprised if Marvel was reserved about their event. For example, in the suggested reading order that Marvel posted on their website, they called the Hellfire Gala "the most anticipated crossover event of the year".

Furthermore, I'm absolutely sure they were hoping for me to like the non-Hellions issues as well and maybe jump back on board those series instead of me being reminded why I dropped Excalibur, X-Force, Marauders, etc in the first place. I was just bored, and no comic event should make me bored. And unfortunately, I think this is the reaction of many X-fans to these 5 or 6 issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Picture this: You've selflessly supported your depressive, borderline alcoholic BF for years, put up with being pushed away/abandoned for absolutely no reason on several occasions, provided a home without asking for anything in return and when you finally needed that care and concern after facing unendurable trauma in Mojoworld that BF and his friends turn their backs on you.
    That's not at all how he approached Rictor. He was like, "hey, surprise!". It's not even clear Rictor knows why he's been gone or if he left of his own volition. And his friends are protective of him (saw people criticizing Betsy for not reading Shatterstar's mind -- yeah, that's an invasive thing to do lol.) It would be one thing if Rictor was a total dick beyond this, but he clearly had an in the moment emotional reaction and then they talked it out later in literally the same issue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    This event makes me realize that the X-books seem to feature very few of their queer female characters in any relationship at the moment.
    I think it's somewhat even. AFAIK there's like, two M-M relationships (Speed/Prodigy, Northstar/Kyle) and one F-F relationship (Mercury/Loa) in current books, not counting Mystique/Destiny.

Astonishing Member

I think it's somewhat even. AFAIK there's like, two M-M relationships (Speed/Prodigy, Northstar/Kyle) and one F-F relationship (Mercury/Loa) in current books, not counting Mystique/Destiny.
    There's also Iceman/Christian Frost.

I've been thinking of what the Hellfire Gala tpb will look like, will they feature Marauders, X-Force, Hellions, X-Men, Excalibur, Planet-sized X-Men, X-Corp, New Mutants, S.W.O.R.D, Way of X, Wolverine, X-Factor etc or will they break all the issues up and go by the time things are happening ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So happy the mods finally unbanned me so I can post this in response to the umpteen questions about why Eminem is in a Marvel comic

Also, the longer we've gone on seeing who has been invited to this event, the more conspicuously absent Spider-Man seems to be. How the hell did Sersi make the list but not one of the X-Mens oldest allies?
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-11-2021 at 04:54 AM.

Also worth noting: Feiges lack of a flower seemingly indicates that he's a mutant in the Marvel Comics universe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Also worth noting: Feiges lack of a flower seemingly indicates that he's a mutant in the Marvel Comics universe
    Lots of non-mutants were too rude to wear a flower.

Wait a god damn second, the Fenris Twins got an invite but Spider-Man, former teacher at the school and longstanding ally of the X-Men didn't make the cut?