Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103
Results 1,531 to 1,543 of 1543
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean the mutants absolutely are more like the Inhumans now. That's just a fact.
    Makes you wonder what Hickman would have done with them had Ike not yanked them from him

I mean the mutants absolutely are more like the Inhumans now. That's just a fact.
    They are not boring, how dare you
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Sure. If the Inhumans were...More interesting. Had better powers. Heroes. More exciting. Had any impact on Earth and Earth's societies. Alive.
    I love the Inhumans...but even I can admit they were never that interesting.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I totally disagree, the X-line currently has X-Men, X-Force, S.W.O.R.D., Hellions, Wolverine, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, Way of X, X-Factor (finishing soon), X-Corp, Cable (finishing soon) and Children of the Atom whereas the Inhumans were lucky to hold down one ongoing title for even a year.
    The Inhumans virtually only made guest appearances at least once a year to compare them to the X-Men is ridiculous.
    The Inhumans virtually only had like eight main characters e.g. Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgan, Triton, Crystal, Lockjaw and Maximus compared to the X-Men who have hundreds of interesting characters.
    Just because mutants have terraformed Mars does not make them similar to the Inhumans.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean as a species, not as a franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Wow you're basically saying that the X-Men have to literally conform to what YOU view the X-Men as in order for an X-Men but to be in X-Men book? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

And this type of thinking is exactly why the x-titles declined over the decades we have fans of these books who grew up with these books during the 70s 80s and the 90's for some strange reason are stuck in that same cycle of storytelling. "This is what the X-men are and this is all they will ever be." Is literally the death of creativity.
    I have seen you bashing against ANYONE who doesn't like this era even if it's for the slightest. Tone that a bit down because we all have our different opinions

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They are not boring, how dare you
    They have collectively written great over the last couple of decades.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Sure. If the Inhumans were...More interesting. Had better powers. Heroes. More exciting. Had any impact on Earth and Earth's societies. Alive.
    I love the Inhumans...but even I can admit they were never that interesting.
    Inhumans had a similar impact with societies of Earth(Namor or BP) and outside Earth like colonizing Moon and having their own council like Universal Inhumans. Any thing from Hicks FF or Inhumans taking over Kree Empire vice versa.
    Last edited by Vishop; 06-30-2021 at 06:32 AM.

PUHLEASE! The most shocking thing from X-factor #10 is nobody dropped that Carmen from COTA is not only at the GALA but dressed to kill.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    PUHLEASE! The most shocking thing from X-factor #10 is nobody dropped that Carmen from COTA is not only at the GALA but dressed to kill.
    Perhaps because those who spoiled the issue were mostly in to rage about something on the internet and having no interest to talk about a character from another book making an unexplained or badly edited appearance, because they can't be upset about it?

Also it's possible many just don't give enough of a damn about COTA to be even interested in her appearing there?

Though this either means the next COTA issue is going to be a late Hellfire Gala issue or she is an artifact from a previous version of how COTA's story would have progressed until now.

Come to think of it. Did Boom Boom, Forge, Strong Guy and Marrow appear in any of the actual HFG issues backround shots? Seems they were only invited in the alternate universe realm of Zeb Wells' "Losers" comics.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It was really cool to see her. She looked great!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Perhaps because those who spoiled the issue were mostly in to rage about something on the internet and having no interest to talk about a character from another book making an unexplained or badly edited appearance, because they can't be upset about it?

Also it's possible many just don't give enough of a damn about COTA to be even interested in her appearing there?

Though this either means the next COTA issue is going to be a late Hellfire Gala issue or she is an artifact from a previous version of how COTA's story would have progressed until now.

Come to think of it. Did Boom Boom, Forge, Strong Guy and Marrow appear in any of the actual HFG issues backround shots? Seems they were only invited in the alternate universe realm of Zeb Wells' "Losers" comics.
    Am I the only one who wants a Losers spinoff? My vote would be for Steve Orlando to write cause he's been circling the X-books and is a huge Marrow fan.

Also regarding the Carmen reveal... I think I'm overstuffed on new mutants. I started off liking CotA, but I think I'll stick to New Mutants for my Vita fix after this first arc is done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Am I the only one who wants a Losers spinoff? My vote would be for Steve Orlando to write cause he's been circling the X-books and is a huge Marrow fan.
    Wouldn't mind it, but i feel the current line is still oversaturated and a lot of the HOX/POX hype seems to have died down, so i don't see any new title getting the same benefit of a doubt bonus that most of the initial titles got. So a full title would allready feel doomed to less than 12 issues like X-factor, Cable, Way of X and as it seems COTA, with a high chance of being overlooked or disregarded.

Even a mini-series would need to stand out among the curent line of books, to at least be memorable enough, which would require a well paced interesting or enjoyable story with good art. But i would actualy go for that.

As for Orlando writing. I'm suprised he wasn't given a title yet seeing how he indeed seems to circle around the X-books right now. Though his writing has not convinced me yet, even though it's nice seeing a writer who likes Marrow (albeit i can't judge if it's for the best reasons).

Wells could also be a good choice, given he allready wrote the Losers comics and has shown a good hand with Hellions (he could even tie a mini featuring the Losers into a plot of Hellions, by showing them unknowningly throwing a wrench in one of Sinister's plans).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Also regarding the Carmen reveal... I think I'm overstuffed on new mutants. I started off liking CotA, but I think I'll stick to New Mutants for my Vita fix after this first arc is done.
    After the issues so far, i feel like COTA's story at it's core could have been quite interesting, but the structure of how the story is told, the dialoge, the presentation of the main characters, the questionable characterisation of the adult heros (the X-men look like utter fools and the agressive interaction between them and the Avengers felt entirely uncessary) and the way they tried to sell the book (i think if they were honest from the start, instead of weakly trying to maintain a mystery nobody took series it could have been recieved much more warmer), among other things just ruined that chance.