Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Digging the fan art couture designs the Hellfire Gala is inspiring...

The Jubilee designs are dope!!!!

That Wolverine design is hilarious.

Wait, just curious, was Chamber resurrected and still without his mouth? (I recall him dying during Disassembled...)

EDIT: Oh right, forgot he was re-occuring in New Mutants...
    Last edited by superjosh; 04-05-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Wait, just curious, was Chamber resurrected and still without his mouth? (I recall him dying during Disassembled...)

EDIT: Oh right, forgot he was re-occuring in New Mutants...
    Hickman said in an early interview that sooner or later the subject would be raised as to why mutants like Cyclops or Chamber still have their limitations.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Hickman said in an early interview that sooner or later the subject would be raised as to why mutants like Cyclops or Chamber still have their limitations.
    Until then the real life answer seems to be that, they don't want to remove the more recognizable (or representative) parts of certain characters' appearance, even if said part is related to physical deformation or damages.

For the in universe reason, i assume it will likely be them seeing it as something which defines who they have become, so they accept the disability as part of themself. Just like the idea that Wolverine is now willingly letting his skeleton get laced with adamtium because it's by his choice.

Unless someone is depowered, in that case the message to that kind of representation of being disabled is to get killed in ritualistic combat and replaced by an identical able bodied clone. Sorry, couldn't resist the jab.

Though thinking about Chamber and his flaming hole in the chest, one has to wonder when someone might suggest to him again to just burn off the rest of his human body and become a full energy being?

Then again, the first person to suggest that to him was Fever Pitch, so i could see Chamber being less than thrilled to join the flaming skeleton being club.

It literally makes no sense that Chamber has half his face blown off and a constant hole in his chest post-resurrection. He only had that bc he had no control of his powers as they manifest and it resulted in a freak accident. With Hope there for every resurrection, it doesnt make sense that she didnt stabilize his mutation as it manifested so this didnt happen. Power manipulation is literally her powerset and she helped the Five Lights as their powers manifested. We know he doesnt need to channel his powers that way as Synch was able to do so through his hands and AOA Chamber was able to without destroying his upper torso.

BANNED

I just assume he really likes scarves and wants a reason to keep wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It literally makes no sense that Chamber has half his face blown off and a constant hole in his chest post-resurrection. He only had that bc he had no control of his powers as they manifest and it resulted in a freak accident. With Hope there for every resurrection, it doesnt make sense that she didnt stabilize his mutation as it manifested so this didnt happen. Power manipulation is literally her powerset and she helped the Five Lights as their powers manifested. We know he doesnt need to channel his powers that way as Synch was able to do so through his hands and AOA Chamber was able to without destroying his upper torso.
    Good points.

Maybe this Chamber is a little different than the AOA one and does not have the ability to use powers without blasting himself apart? Synch might be different in that he does not have to use powers exactly as the original does because his powers allow him to just copy the power use his hands? Just guessing on these.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm just not digging some of these styles. I can't see Logan dressing up in that. Maybe what rictor was wearing. It did look like his face to me and the vines with thorns made me think it was Logan but the green is definitely Rictor but his face is usually so young. Not everyone's wearing their usual colors though so it was easy to think it. Make the Rictor one brown and give it to Logan, lol. Those blue and yellow colors have got to go.

I like Jono’s Creepers!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Saw these pieces

I like Siryn's outfit and the gold colored headdress, except it is very reminiscent of Storm's usual headdress.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like Siryn's outfit and the gold colored headdress, except it is very reminiscent of Storm's usual headdress.
    I was thinking She-Ra LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Lol, her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    That is very She-Ra...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.