Page 23 of 103 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But why should the looks be consistent? We have dozens of different characters with wildly different tastes and personalities. The looks should be anything but consistent
    Consistent in terms of quality, not similarity

Fantastic Member

Men look bland and boring. Don't see anything special or interesting in Pyro's outfit. Bishop would be better with brighter red, current color kind of melds with his skin. And Iceman's "outfit" is just more ice over his standart ice form? Can it be any lazier? He already almost always drawn in ice form and is barely recognizable without it. I think it would have been more interesting and challenging for artist to actually create an outfit for Bobby in human form that would still make him recognizable. Even just using this ice dress on his human form would have been better.

I would legit buy a one-shot, in the vein of the old Marvel Swimsuit editions, of purely X-men and mutants in Hellfire Gala outfits. One piece of art per page from different Marvel artists. Let them go buck wild and also feature lesser known but visually interesting mutants as well.
    What would Random wear? Maggot? Mercury? Transonic?

Also, the Hellfire Gala would be the perfect place to bring back Kenji Uedo as the premier Genoshan artist.

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    I would legit buy a one-shot, in the vein of the old Marvel Swimsuit editions, of purely X-men and mutants in Hellfire Gala outfits. One piece of art per page from different Marvel artists. Let them go buck wild and also feature lesser known but visually interesting mutants as well.
    What would Random wear? Maggot? Mercury? Transonic?

Also, the Hellfire Gala would be the perfect place to bring back Kenji Uedo as the premier Genoshan artist.
    A Kevin Wada Hellfire Gala one shot would be chef's kiss. I'd have it framed in my bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    LMAO! I do feel like they sometimes just look up random gay attributes to add to Bobby and then call it a day in place of character development.

spoilers:
    But am I mad at it? Nope.
    end of spoilers
    My 'trying to win a No Prize' thoughts on this are that maybe Bobby is experimenting with every gay cloche to catch up on all that time he spent in the closet. Like, he's going through his teen and early 20s attempts at style in a few months.

I think the ice man would have been cool if it was just the ice suit or the other way around.

I've been ruminating on the design released for Bobby for quite a while now. I've witnessed a plethora of reactions on various social media platforms and I'm left to wonder: IS this IT?

What I mean is, what if this design Bobby has been assigned (both figuratively and literally by the artist and Jumbo Carnation) is part of Duggan's narrative FOR Bobby. What I mean is, I would find it interesting if Bobby's proposed aesthetic were a plot point in further identifying who Bobby is and how he chooses to present, as his authentic self. Like, what if Jumbo (presumably) designed this whole look for Bobby -- and those around him were elated and intrigued, but maybe Bobby begrudgingly agrees to appease for the sake of the Gala. Maybe he's got this "one night only" vibe. Or maybe he wears it but eventually ditches the look for something he feels is more "him".

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I've been ruminating on the design released for Bobby for quite a while now. I've witnessed a plethora of reactions on various social media platforms and I'm left to wonder: IS this IT?

What I mean is, what if this design Bobby has been assigned (both figuratively and literally by the artist and Jumbo Carnation) is part of Duggan's narrative FOR Bobby. What I mean is, I would find it interesting if Bobby's proposed aesthetic were a plot point in further identifying who Bobby is and how he chooses to present, as his authentic self. Like, what if Jumbo (presumably) designed this whole look for Bobby -- and those around him were elated and intrigued, but maybe Bobby begrudgingly agrees to appease for the sake of the Gala. Maybe he's got this "one night only" vibe. Or maybe he wears it but eventually ditches the look for something he feels is more "him".
    I would LOVE if he put that much thought into it, but something tells me they just went for the Gay Checklist option

Bring on the sexy Lucas Werneck wear please!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wouldn't mind if we got some annotated insight from the designer and the client as to why they chose that design...in the "look book". In the format similar to the data pages.

Head-canon-wise...I could see Bobby's choice being influenced by his guest appearance on RDR and while not his go-to everyday aesthetic (that should be nothing at all), just wanted to try something bold and a little extra, for one night, it is the Mutant Met, after all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Alex, I actually kind of like this, although I don't love the wide lapels.

Kwannon, looks better than the previous glimpses, but I think I would like it with either a fuller skirt or a more streamlined one, not the in between version we see here.

Sinister, kind of dull, but really how do top his everyday outfit?

Exodus, this just looks like it could be his new super costume, wish they had incorporated more fashion, maybe with a medieval Crusades inspo.

Mystique, underwhelming.

The Hellions came to SLAY! I love Mystique. Hers is the best

I would rather read about that book as the Hellions

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm digging the Hellions and Mystique here. Kwannon's dress looks better than the glimpse we had previously and I like how both hers and Alex's incorporate imagery usually associated with them. Exodus has been playing with his Gold Saints action figures I see.

Mystique frankly was never going to be perfect no matter what due to the nature of the character but I like what I see here. Ideally she should wear a different dress every panel we see her at the Gala.

I like them all, although Kwannon's skirt might be better without the teirs.
    I wonder why the drew Exodus worth such big feet...