Page 68 of 103 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1543

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    t
    My bad.It still doesn't change the fact that he is on of the veterans.Also most X-men were never avengers.There are 100s of X-men and only a select few have ever been avengers.Fighting by their side doesn't make them an avenger.Also all the other points are still valid
    It still doesn't make Spider-Man a valid guest imo, I highly doubt that an street level hero will be invited to the Hellfire Gala, I'd be shocked if he is.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    t
    My bad.It still doesn't change the fact that he is on of the veterans.Also most X-men were never avengers.There are 100s of X-men and only a select few have ever been avengers.Fighting by their side doesn't make them an avenger.Also all the other points are still valid
    It is not an X-Men Gala, it is a Hellfire Gala. His buddy Wolverine is just working security, maybe he could sneak him in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    It still doesn't make Spider-Man a valid guest imo, I highly doubt that an street level hero will be invited to the Hellfire Gala, I'd be shocked if he is.
    Well he still is very popular hero who is at an all-time high in the MU with the new streaming.If conan o brian is there then Spider-man better be.He also was a famous billionare so that may be a factor for peter.Also Spider-man has dealt with city threats a whole lot.As daredevil said,its people level

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is not an X-Men Gala, it is a Hellfire Gala. His buddy Wolverine is just working security, maybe he could sneak him in.
    Fair enough.I have many other points that are still valid.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Surprised that Spidey doesn't seem to be there. He's always gotten along with the X-Men. Though I guess they're focused on major groups/organizations.

Something I've been thinking about: so we know that the "big announcement" is something relating to terraforming or colonizing other planets/the moon/space. But the way they talk about the "big announcement" is in stuff is about how it will also make the whole earth, not just Krakoa, better off, which wouldn't totally track if the news is, say, "Krakoa calls dibs on Mars". It also seems like that'd be odd if the goal is to rebuild connections with allies. Feels like there's something more there.

Another big flag was the Marauders preview with the part about how allies have "questioned who the mutants have become"...are they going to reveal the Resurrection protocol? Maybe not the details but the fact that they're immortal/reviving dead mutants? It seems like eventually the secret would get out anyways, even in a universe where editorial mandated dictate nobody age anyways

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Surprised that Spidey doesn't seem to be there. He's always gotten along with the X-Men. Though I guess they're focused on major groups/organizations.
    Imagine a short aside pannel in which we see him partying on Krakoa with some other univited mutants he had interacted with in the past, having a good time on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Imagine a short aside pannel in which we see him partying on Krakoa with some other univited mutants he had interacted with in the past, having a good time on their own.
    I mean even Deadpool's going (sneaking in tbf but still)

Back on the planet thing: it feels like maybe they'll be terraforming the other worlds on behalf of Earth? Like "our new space program will terraform space and if you shut down all your anti mutant programs you can get in on this ****". If the theme is building bonds itd fit.

* Big dinner/dance with human invitees
    * Announcing an independent team of X-Men that'll act like an Avengers-level public team not directly connected to the government

It's be odd if they closed the evening off by then just dunking on humanity saying "later suckers!" And then leaving the planet at the big unity event
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 05-08-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I wish he interacts with Logan and the other X-kids he taught and many others hopefully

I can see Deadpool sneaking in, then someone throws him out. Then, he sneaks in again, but someone else finds him and tosses him out. This happens over and over. His exits involve the Galas using their powers to boot him out.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I have a question after Hellfire Gala will the title change from Reign of X to something else? Especially since we area getting a new X-Men #1

I was under the impression that this event was ushering in the Reign of X status quo.

yeah the Gala is ushering in the Reign of X era I believe
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

Reign of X is just the post X of Swords era. It started in December 2020, and I don't think one single book or story can be seen as the ushering in of the era, never mind knowing if the Gala will even do much of anything on its own other than put the books in synch for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Peter's a long time ally, a former teacher at the school, and an Amazing Friend. There would be people who get invites because of what they are, and then there are those who'd get it for who they are.

Didn't Scott date Colleen at one point?
    Yeah Spidey and the X-Men are real tight. Plus he's been frequently been persued by robots specifically designed to kill him, disliked by the press on occasion, mutants have a big bleeding heart for that stuff. He even blew up the Tri Sentinel (though that iirc was more a Loki thing than a mutant thing)

As for celebs I would bet real money one is Method Man. The Wu Tang clan are huge Marvel fans. Colbert is also a good guess too, he even had a cameo in Secret Invasion way back. The Cap shield on his set also used to be owned by Mark Gruenwald.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 05-08-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Pretty sure he's friends with the Red Queen if nothing else.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089