Page 59 of 103 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Was that Reyes putting a flower on Cap?
    I think that might be Tempo in a different outfit. She wore a similar golden mohawk in an issue of Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They are heroes of the people not elite showing off
    The gala is supposed to be a peaceful event between humans and mutants. Instead, the Avengers show up in their costumes like their ready for a fight, that's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Hope my queen Stevie Hunter is on the guest list.
    Stevie, Sharon, Tom...all the X-Men human allies....in part cuz I'd like some discussion about the segregation aspect of Krakoa...Like Kyle lives there...as does Shogo, but Cain isn't welcomed. Warlock and Lockheed are fine, what about Longshot? Eff off Franklin Richards, but the Power Pack always were welcomed friends of the X-Men, what about now?
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Cyclops looking pretty daddy here...

Honestly, I think this is the kind of look X-Force should have been wearing for their security role in the Gala.

Incredible Member

it is a gala so they should be in formal wear of some kind, but this is written by the x office so who knows why they've decided to do it this way.

i noticed no tchalla with the avengers, wonder if it has anything to do with the storm thing coming up. not suggesting that he's heavily involved just that maybe she told him in advance and he didnt want to be there

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Was that Reyes putting a flower on Cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I think that might be Tempo in a different outfit. She wore a similar golden mohawk in an issue of Marauders.

Are either of you reading S.W.O.R.D.?

The actual hairstyle is quite a bit like the one Frenzy has been rocking in that title.

Past that...

Her role on the title is an "Ambassador..." role. So, what's actually happening their would seemingly add up.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

Some good sneak peaks at RD's connecting covers, but he finally released another one on his IG!

https://www.instagram.com/rdauterman/?hl=en
    why on earth is this not her regular new costume?!?!?! Gorgeous.

what else has Dauterman to do to convince Hickman to give Jean a new look?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Whoīs the old man? min 0.52 I donīt recognize him.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-03-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    it is a gala so they should be in formal wear of some kind, but this is written by the x office so who knows why they've decided to do it this way.

i noticed no tchalla with the avengers, wonder if it has anything to do with the storm thing coming up. not suggesting that he's heavily involved just that maybe she told him in advance and he didnt want to be there
    He probably threw his invite in the trash.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Considering it was specifically noted that the whole “aftermath of a civil war” thing was the reason Ramonda and Shuri couldn’t just hand over Skybreaker, Storm stealing it has probably made it politically impossible for T’Challa to attend

As for showing up in costumes, a generous interpretation would be that it’s a statement of the increasingly bad relations between the superhero community, mutants and the governments (even USAgent has been bucking the leash lately); a moderate one would be that, being all psychologically damaged in their own way, their too weary to trust any gathering of that many supers and spies to not degenerate into a fight

More likely, they’ll just be dragged as thugs looking for a fight

And I’m definitely getting an ominous feeling about the unannounced thing

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    It's inspired by the real world Met Gala, which is notable not just for being a fundraiser, but being one of the top social events of the year because of the fashion statements. Moreso, lately it's taken more of a cultural showcase too since guests have more recently taken to wearing colorful fashion to highlight cultural/heritage pride, like African and Asian aesthetics. It's not just a special occasion, it's *the* occasion.

Real World Examples

If you're going to wear standard formal wear to the Met Gala, you're going to stand out for looking so boring in comparison.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-03-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well superheros traditionally go to parties with their costume and itīs rare when they change it for something else but I agree this could mean they see this meeting as something from work and not as a meeting of friends.

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It's inspired by the real world Met Gala, which is notable not just for being a fundraiser, but being one of the top social events of the year because of the fashion statements. Moreso, lately it's taken more of a cultural showcase too since guests have more recently taken to wearing colorful fashion to highlight cultural/heritage pride, like African and Asian aesthetics.

Real World Examples

If you're going to wear standard formal wear to the Met Gala, you're going to stand out for looking so boring in comparison.
    I suspect the poster might’ve been talking about the non-mutant guests?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    why on earth is this not her regular new costume?!?!?! Gorgeous.

what else has Dauterman to do to convince Hickman to give Jean a new look?
    For sure this way he will be able to compel him

istockphoto-963398654-1024x1024.jpg