Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1543
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And Fenris are the Black Bishops they are Krakoans...no invitation needed.
    Except that's not true: most of the Hellions are specifically told not to come because they aren't invited. The mutants need to be invited to get in, and Quentin specifically mentions Fenris was invited.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Umm...

Also, I don't think people are hating on Emma here but at TPTB for including Nazis and not very relevant real-life celebrities at the party and then saying Peter Parker had no reason to be at a socio-political fashion gala despite him being the partner of one of the MU's biggest supermodels who is also starring in an upcoming blockbuster, meaning all eyes will be on her in the immediate future as she will be promoting the film with interviews.

I actually am more offended for Mary Jane than Peter here TBH. It's the Dazzler fiasco all over again. You have a popular female character who has tons of potential to be used in fascinating ways but Marvel still being the subconscious boys' club that they are (despite some recent attempts), don't know what to do with her as she's not exactly the "powerful" female character whose utility is more apparent to them. Obviously it's not as insulting to the character as One More Day but still... the fact that one of the company's senior editors can confidently say he doesn't see a reason for their flagship character to attend the Hellfire Gala despite said character's love interest being an iconic supermodel for almost 40 years now shows how little consideration they give her.
    All this.Also Spider-man was one of the most influential streamer on the web for a bit.Besides he is the most popular marvel character.

Maybe it exists and I just don't know, but why hasn't Marvel ever produced an actual Dazzler song? I'm sure they could find a production team and a vocalist to produce a Dazzler single. This would be some cool promo. I always read the lyrics when Dazzler is singing, but I want to hear the song. The flip side is, maybe the thought of what it might sound like is better than actually knowing and being disappointed.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Maybe it exists and I just don't know, but why hasn't Marvel ever produced an actual Dazzler song? I'm sure they could find a production team and a vocalist to produce a Dazzler single. This would be some cool promo. I always read the lyrics when Dazzler is singing, but I want to hear the song. The flip side is, maybe the thought of what it might sound like is better than actually knowing and being disappointed.
    Well, the character was originally conceived by a record label that wanted to release an album, comic and movie all at the same time. I have no idea why the album fell through, perhaps it was because disco's popularity was waning at the time? Would have been cool to see.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Except that's not true: most of the Hellions are specifically told not to come because they aren't invited. The mutants need to be invited to get in, and Quentin specifically mentions Fenris was invited.

hellions aren't part of hellfire. The fenris are part of the hellfire

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It might be that it was easier to use certain likenesses over others.
    This is basically correct. Marvel reached out to a number of celebrities to ask if they'd be interested in participating and allowing them to use their likeness. The cameos we see are people who agreed to it. So its not necessarily that Marvel wasn't interested in having more celebrities of colour at the Gala--its a matter of who accepted the invite and gave Marvel permission.

Incredible Member

lotta has-beens and D-listers that I'm surprised Emma allowed to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    This is basically correct. Marvel reached out to a number of celebrities to ask if they'd be interested in participating and allowing them to use their likeness. The cameos we see are people who agreed to it. So its not necessarily that Marvel wasn't interested in having more celebrities of colour at the Gala--its a matter of who accepted the invite and gave Marvel permission.
    It’s too bad Marvel couldn’t get permission to insert Rihanna in the Gala. Just imagine the jaw dropping fashion she would bring to this event!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

So how long do you think it'll be till the reveal leaks?

I was very underwhelmed by this week's Hellfire Gala issues, Planet Sized X-Men was the best title and showed amazing feats of power by the many mutants showcased.
    As for the X-Corp and New Mutants issues I felt that they were very, very ordinary and I certainly won't be picking them up.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

We now know why the HF Guests were so...disconcerted as they left the Gala. Ha!

PS:XM was a perfect issue for me. I'm still basking in its glow of beauty and brilliance.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I kind of loved this week. No one was surprised by PS but that's the nature of advanced solicitations and mass speculation. Still the art alone really elevated the book for me and I have no complaints about the writing.

NM was legitimately haunting with enough doses of fun to keep it balanced. The books ongoing plots progressed nicely as well.

X-Corp... well the first issue legitimately gave me a headache, so this is a step in the right direction!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Gosh Mr. Sinister is so annoying.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I kind of loved this week. No one was surprised by PS but that's the nature of advanced solicitations and mass speculation. Still the art alone really elevated the book for me and I have no complaints about the writing.

NM was legitimately haunting with enough doses of fun to keep it balanced. The books ongoing plots progressed nicely as well.

X-Corp... well the first issue legitimately gave me a headache, so this is a step in the right direction!
    I was a delightfully surprised with PS, actually. Not with the premise of terraforming Mars (we all guessed that since the first cover tease) but the reason(s) for it and how it was accomplished...that was beauty-fully done.
    NM was much better than I expected, despite the wasted panels featuring the ****-bag artist. I'm still completely invested in where Vita is going with this.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

More than a tiny bit annoyed the human/mutant unity idea is more prevalent in an issue of Guardians where Rich and Magneto beat the **** out of each other than in most issues of the actual Gala