Page 1 of 103 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default The Hellfire Gala

The Hellfire Gala was teased in Giant Size Magneto with Emma Frost and the Reign of X preview saw Emma with an invitation.
    We've since had news that this Gala will be a big affair in the summer, perhaps not the next crossover but an important storyline.

What does everyone think? Do you want a ball and then Emplate to rip through the guests like he did in Generation X's 5th anniversary issue?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulagirl1 View Post
    The Hellfire Gala was teased in Giant Size Magneto with Emma Frost and the Reign of X preview saw Emma with an invitation.
    We've since had news that this Gala will be a big affair in the summer, perhaps not the next crossover but an important storyline.

What does everyone think? Do you want a ball and then Emplate to rip through the guests like he did in Generation X's 5th anniversary issue?
    I'd rather the Hellfire Club rip through Emplate

I hope we actually see the OG Hellions.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

The actual Gala really needs to be like a huge look book omnibus of collected vignettes that weave together the evening. Have fashion artists actually do pencils- make it super dense and immersive, a brick in the wall for the world building era. Like the Tiki Bar lounge but 1000x more intimate and fashiony.

Astonishing Member

I'm sure the announcement on who's going to be on this new X-Men team should cause some drama as well.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I am in love with the concept of The X-men being Krakoa’s Knights of The Round!! ��

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I am in love with the concept of The X-men being Krakoa’s Knights of The Round!! ��
    What is Knights of the Round?

A Capcom arcade machine based on the King Arthur legend. No idea why it was not called "Knights Of The Round Table".

Astonishing Member

The arthurian "Knights of the Round Table". A group of skilled and famed knights, which King Arthur gathered in his court of Camelot in various later versions of the Arthurian legend/narrative.

Generaly also used to describe a group of martial capable and moraly upright people dedicated to either a heroic leader figure or a just cause, which they follow with near unbreakable loyality.

This does not sound like a gala

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I believe it was already teased that the Hellfire Gala would be about electing the new X-Men.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

All I know is that I want a red carpet entrance with someone like Joan Rivers commenting on the fashion as the mutants enter. Also I would love for every time someone asks who are they wearing, the answer is always "Jumbo Carnation".

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I'd like to see unusual pairings, characters who were significant to Emma, and someone having the nerve to bring Wanda.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Also I would love for every time someone asks who are they wearing, the answer is always "Jumbo Carnation".
    What a sad red carpet fashion show that would be. From what i've seen his clothes are unimpressively generic "sexy" or "artsy" with little in terms of consistent style (beyond apparently favoring white and fur linings) or unique cuts or materials.

His only claim to fame seems to be that he just happens to be a mutant on top of a designer.

Also isn't it a sad sign, that the mutants of Krakoa have perhaps hundreds of people who can bend or break the laws of physics, but only a single person who designs clothes? With the rest apparently made by an algorism for creating matching super hero uniforms. Especialy when said person's style can't even reach the level of something like "kitch" in the world of cyberpunk 2077?

If anything that red carpet should involve like a dozen mutant designers battling it out with outfits reaching from classic to outlandish. Also the true challenge is not making outfits for super model looking folks like Emma Frost, Monet, Scott Summers or Bishop.
    Getting the freakish looking mutants to look stylish, now that would be a challenge.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-12-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I'd like to see unusual pairings, characters who were significant to Emma, and someone having the nerve to bring Wanda.
    That'd actually be great, like an inversion of the time Magneto turned up to Wanda and Vision's Thanksgiving dinner.