Page 34 of 103 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I actually LOVE that he's matching Charles with the colour scheme.
    (Now I want Xaddy o--[A]--o and his family to attend the Gala.)

I would like to see him too, o--[A]--o could be the surprise guest of the night, donīt think the Avengers and FF4 will like it but I can see him invite himself with a similar color scheme as Charles and Erik.

So far my favorite desings are Colossus and Jean
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-27-2021 at 06:41 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was thinking the same...the three "Founding Xaddies" of Krakoa all together in white and gold.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes I could see them getting in the room, just change the color into White and Gold

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-27-2021 at 06:49 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Fantastic Member

Iceman, Dazzler and Mercury designs are the laziest one. They look like they completely forgot about the Gala and were reminded about it in the last minute so they just used their powers instead of some interesting outfit. Iceman just put more ice on his body and put on silver glasses he found in his room, Mercury just sprayed some paint on herself, and Dazzler just wear some random clothes from her wardrobe and activated her powers to hide it.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    No Thoughts only Colossus!!!!
    Good lord their in the running for the best grouping of costumes they all look amazing. Well them and the Hellion bunch they all look so good together! But Synch I'll admit I unbashfully have a full crush on that handsome young man ��

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    My boy Synch wearing the hell out of that outfit.

Isn't he tho....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On paper?

Maybe...

In practice?

Does that bunch really seem like the "Sure, We Can Let That Slide..." crowd?
    You've seen who they were shaking hands with in House of X #5. If he didn't kill normal humans, harm the nation's international reputation or can be used to set an example for other mutant villains. They will let it slide.

It were also "just" the Hellions (a penal squad of "problematic" mutants which aren't even supposed to be widely known) and Mister Sinister who suffered. Meaning enough council members might just vote in Mastermind's favor to get back at Sinister. Besides he might be too usefull to throw into the pit anyway. So he is forgiven and can go to the party.

This is a culture in which things like objective morals and concerns for one's life are commonly disregarded as outdated "human" things.
    A nation founded on shadowy goals, under the promise of safety and a golden future, with a leadership chosen out of nepotism, compromises and power, rather than quality of ruling ability or sense of justice.
    With the heros distracted by the facade of establishing a paradise and compelled by their sense of duty to their kind to ignore the issues, until the day comes where they need to save what is still worth saving.
    (That was very biased i admit).

So i would argue this "bunch" are the "Sure, We Can Let That Slide..." crowd when it's convinient or wasn't too inconvinient.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I was thinking the same...the three "Founding Xaddies" of Krakoa all together in white and gold.
    I guess for Apocalypse that would just involve pulling out his ancient egyptian sunday suit and going "I was wearing those colors before they were cool."
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-27-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Full page

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

The Iceman design makes me more annoyed the more I think of it. I love that they've let him out of the closet, but I hate that it's all they can do with him now. His Sina Grace solo was annoying and this awful design smells of that series.Bobby deserves to be a fully rounded character, not some cliche trash.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    The Iceman design makes me more annoyed the more I think of it. I love that they've let him out of the closet, but I hate that it's all they can do with him now. His Sina Grace solo was annoying and this awful design smells of that series.Bobby deserves to be a fully rounded character, not some cliche trash.
    Hell I will bite, Any gay man who dress like that is cliche trash? Is that what you are saying?

There is a difference between legit complaint " I didn't see Iceman as gay man who wears dress" and horrible complaint "This is some cliche trash". Canon is not what you want things to be but what they are presented. I didn't think Iceman was gay, Canon said he was gay. I didn't think Iceman was type of gay male to wear dresses , Canon says that he is one. The writers are the creator of the canon and the dictate what happen I can disagree all I want that Bishop would never kill a planet full of people but canon says differently. Anyways moving forward fans know now this is part of his presentation the same with Prodigy. Iceman is gay man who might put on dress sometimes that is canon. Now we know this you can disagree but you would be fight against the canon.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-27-2021 at 10:32 PM.

Tbh I don't see Bobby as the kind to wear that either, and that's speaking as someone who in general didn't think he was "too gay" in his solos or anything. I feel like for David it works better for some reason I can't explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Hell I will bite, Any gay man who dress like that is cliche trash? Is that what you are saying?

There is a difference between legit complaint " I didn't see Iceman as gay man who wears dress" and horrible complaint "This is some cliche trash". Canon is not what you want things to be but what they are presented. I didn't think Iceman was gay, Canon said he was gay. I didn't think Iceman was type of gay male to wear dresses , Canon says that he is one. The writers are the creator of the canon and the dictate what happen I can disagree all I want that Bishop would never kill a planet full of people but canon says differently. Anyways moving forward fans know now this is part of his presentation the same with Prodigy. Iceman is gay man who might put on dress sometimes that is canon. No we know this you can disagree but you would be fight against the canon.
    thank you for this!

Yes, so true. that's the beauty of coming out. Iceman does not have to follow any bullsh*t assimilative logic. He can be what he wants to be. Queer and non-binary?! YES! We really need more representation of more diverse gender roles in comicbooks. We really have enough "homonormativity" in comicbooks.

or maybe he only dressed up in drag for a party? WHY NOT?!
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-27-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Here facial expression makes it look like she was forced into that outfit at gunpoint.
    Most likely was.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Full page

!!!!Big Daddy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Yes, so true. that's the beauty of coming out. Iceman does not have to follow any bullsh*t assimilative logic. He can be what he wants to be. Queer and non-binary?! YES! We really need more representation of more diverse gender roles in comicbooks. We really have enough "homonormativity" in comicbooks.
    Thank you for a perfect set up to something I've been wondering today in relation to Iceman's outfit....

THIS is from the variant Marvel Pride cover, showing all..many...of Marvel's LGTBQ characters framing it like the old 25th anniversary frame.
    Iceman looks rather..feminine in the face.
    Is it that everything is kind of in a bishonen style...or maybe a new direction for the character?
    Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 1.12.17 AM.jpg
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Astonishing Member

My only issue with Bobby’s look is the ice wings seem to have been added to the design after the rest