Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Im in love with Khora. My favorite one for sure of the new ones

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, in the same thread people are saying Rictor, Daken etc. have boring looks but Bobby is TOO flamboyant? Can't blame the designers as there seems to be no pleasing everyone.

Now let's blame the designers for things they can be blamed for, like Dazzler's lazy ass visuals.
    I mean that is interesting point if Rictor and Daken was wearing with Eyeboy and Sunspot wearing instead would people call them stereotypical?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Everyone is talking about colussus but I reckon Sunfire has really brought the glamour on behalf of the men I reckon
    Yupp. I LOVE all those looks in that group but his really stood out as being Glam Couture and perfect for the Gala red carpet.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Full page

My lord :O

OHH DADDYY

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I’ve no problem with people of any gender and sexual identity in a dress, i just think Bobby’s is ugly.

I drew an ethereal dress for Kurt... but he’d be out of the skirt in fifteen minutes and bopping on the dance floor with Kate/Pixie/Alison/Jubilee, I don’t think he’d do elegant for long. I rather covert his piratical coat and hat, he looks handsome.

0D0F86AA-7D91-4A6E-BD63-5EB6386A81AF.jpg

Piotr looks positively edible.

Astonishing Member

I do have to say Prodigy is rocking the dress better than Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I do have to say Prodigy is rocking the dress better than Bobby
    He really does. I was initially thinking he looks great but i never got that Prodigy was much into cross dressing. But then i thought, "but then again dresses were originally for men, so history." It's not really cross dressing at all.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The more I think of it, Bobby subconsciously or consciously basing his Gala appearance on Warren's look makes a lot of sense.
    Seems more like he just copied Prodigy - dress with wings, but made of ice. It could have been better if made of some actual fabric. Wouldn't cloth made of ice be too rigid? How would he even move in it? Anyway, cloth made of ice atop his normal ice form just look boring and uninspiring, like artist hasn't even bothered to think about something interesting and went with the easiest solution.

Same goes for Dazzler, she look boring. She is a popular singer and celebrity, Gala should be her scene where she would shine more than anyone else. Even without Jumbo Carnation's help she should have a lot of cool outfits for such occasions and/or have connections with various designers to get herself something good. And wouldn't she need some constant source of sound to continuously generate light? Otherwise all sparkles would just disappear and she would look even more boring.

IMHO, designs by Dauterman, Werneck and Segovia are the best. Marvel should have just allowed them to create all the rest.
    Last edited by Harasar; 04-28-2021 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Seems more like he just copied Prodigy - dress with wings, but made of ice. It could have been better if made of some actual fabric. Wouldn't cloth made of ice be too rigid? How would he even move in it? Anyway, cloth made of ice atop his normal ice form just look boring and uninspiring, like artist hasn't even bothered to think about something interesting and went with the easiest solution.

Same goes for Dazzler, she look boring. She is a popular singer and celebrity, Gala should be her scene where she would shine more than anyone else. Even without Jumbo Carnation's help she should have a lot of cool outfits for such occasions and/or have connections with various designers to get herself something good. And wouldn't she need some constants supply of sound to generate light? Otherwise all sparkles would just disappear and she would look even more boring.

IMHO, designs by Dauterman, Werneck and Segovia are the best. Marvel should have just allowed them to create all the rest.
    I agree with the last part, those are definitely the best.

I was suprised at how bland all of the Excalibur cast designs were. It just looks so human prom or something. It would have been cool if they came dress looking like a guild or something. Rictor had the right idea but wrong exceution. Jubliee look like somebody about to give her away. Gambit looks like they ran out of fabric
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree with the last part, those are definitely the best.

I was suprised at how bland all of the Excalibur cast designs were. It just looks so human prom or something. It would have been cool if they came dress looking like a guild or something. Rictor had the right idea but wrong exceution. Jubliee look like somebody about to give her away. Gambit looks like they ran out of fabric
    Gambit look like he just wake up and came to Gala in his pajama.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Full page

i'm ovulating now

A lot of discourse about Bobby's look... and I'm not surprised. I was dreading it as soon as I saw it lol. My thoughts on this are:

I don't like the look, for multiple reasons. I think it looks a bit messy overall. I like the visor actually, but it doesn't work with the rest. The long hair is the worst of it for me. I also just don't see the more feminine look as a good fit for him, given the characterization we've had of him so far. That's not to say that gay men can't or don't experiment with clothes and dressing more feminine, particularly at special occasions such as this gala. It very much happens. For example, if he has a line about how he felt like trying it out or felt inspired from his time guest judging on Drag race to be more experimental, then that works imo. I have doubts that he'll actually talk about his look though. So without some context, this outfit for me is a rather big leap outside what I imagined he would wear. That's just my take on him of course. I'll also admit that I wanted something sexier for him, like Colossus or Pyro for example. That's the other side of my frustration, that the queer men's looks here are generally more on the expressive and campy side while the straight dudes are showing more skin. Ideally it should be more balanced, with some of the queer dudes also coming off the way Piotr is lol.

I also think it's ridiculous to say that Bobby's look here somehow means the character as a whole is some giant stereotype of flamboyance now. It's objectively not true, even just looking at Marauders and his recent Savage Avengers appearances. And it's also not true of his solo book. Him saying "yas queen" once in that run is not the same thing as this look, it's just not. He was drawn very standard masculine-presenting guy in the entirety of that run. One or two dialogue choices don't make him some kind of "super gay" stereotype, whatever that even means. A queer character not having the story, content or development that you personally want from them does not mean it's invalid or wrong or that the character has been ruined.

Not sure whose design I like more, Sunfire or Pyro's. They are both smart but fit the creative flairs seen through the gala. The way Sunfire incorporates his mask into the costume, and even Pyro's tattoo which I was not fond of works brilliantly in his outfit. They just look cool lol.

Got to give a shout out to Pixie and Glorianna. They are both fairy-mutants yet their looks could not be different. Glorianna is a fairy princess while Pixie is a punk fairy (and her hair is flawless).

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I’ve no problem with people of any gender and sexual identity in a dress, i just think Bobby’s is ugly.

I drew an ethereal dress for Kurt... but he’d be out of the skirt in fifteen minutes and bopping on the dance floor with Kate/Pixie/Alison/Jubilee, I don’t think he’d do elegant for long. I rather covert his piratical coat and hat, he looks handsome.

0D0F86AA-7D91-4A6E-BD63-5EB6386A81AF.jpg

Piotr looks positively edible.
    That's really beautiful.

The problem with Bobby's for me is just how blocky it is. If he'd emulated fabric flow with the ice, like in your Kurt design, it could have looked much better.

I'm loving all of these designs, keen to pick up that Gala Guide later today. My favorites, in no particular order (from what I've seen so far) are Colossus, Synch, Magik, Aurora, Jean and Storm. But there are so many other great designs. Hell, I'm just happy to see Dauterman drawing X-Men, his work is fire!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.