Page 85 of 103 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1543
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Yep. That would just be dumb.
    I can see it happening IF Beast with his ever growing god complex is not satisfied with gathering intel on the now ,but wants intel on the future and tries to resurrect a precog without QC approval. He would be killed in such a scenario.

Not putting it past Beast to have given in to his god complex all by himself, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he's being subtly influenced by an entity seeking to spread its influence via those plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Not putting it past Beast to have given in to his god complex all by himself, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he's being subtly influenced by an entity seeking to spread its influence via those plants.
    really bored by this plot cliché of secret mental manipulation to redeem a character after they got character assassinated in the first place. Although: so many omega telepaths around on the island and nobody sees this manipulation? zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz,...I smell lazy writing (if it's the route the are going with Beast in X-Force).

Astonishing Member

The most fitting thing that could happen to Beast at this point would be someone tearing his X-gene out

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I can see it happening IF Beast with his ever growing god complex is not satisfied with gathering intel on the now ,but wants intel on the future and tries to resurrect a precog without QC approval. He would be killed in such a scenario.
    So which one is currently worse, original Beast or Dark Beast? Discounting the fact that the AoA refugee is most likely dead, if course.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    So which one is currently worse, original Beast or Dark Beast? Discounting the fact that the AoA refugee is most likely dead, if course.
    The beast from the here come tomorrow arc i would say is the worst dark beast was just a pawn and not the mastermind. Hank just can’t help going bad it’s his nature.

Astonishing Member

Well Dark beast is definitely worse, no competition he was ready for Dark Angel to wipe out humanity on earth and repopulate it with new life forms through the life seed in the Tabula Rasa zone.This beast of Krakoa is definitely getting there ,he'd probably try to get the world grovelling at Krakoa's feet, I actually think since Xavier approves of his methods, we can see that Xavier and probably Magnus are giving Beast moral support, scary prospect.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    really bored by this plot cliché of secret mental manipulation to redeem a character after they got character assassinated in the first place. Although: so many omega telepaths around on the island and nobody sees this manipulation? zzzZZzzzzZZZzzz,...I smell lazy writing (if it's the route the are going with Beast in X-Force).
    True, we can't waive everything as 'under the influence' , beast is too far gone for redemption, the moment he sanctioned Omega Red to be a meat puppet , I knew the guy definitely needs the pit, sure kill no man is a start but Beast is proof that fates worse than death have been devised , guy has to go!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The most fitting thing that could happen to Beast at this point would be someone tearing his X-gene out
    If you want to torture him yeah, but at this rate he'll just join buddy social Darwinist- Sinister. Guy needs to be put out of commission.He needs erasing from existance like Matthew Malloy!
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-03-2021 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    True, we can't waive everything as 'under the influence' , beast is too far gone for redemption, the moment he sanctioned Omega Red to be a meat puppet , I knew the guy definitely needs the pit, sure kill no man is a start but Beast is proof that fates worse than death have been devised , guy has to go!
    Plus we do not really know what happened in Terra Verde. Was all the population of the country possesed by the evil plants? Did Beast kill an entire country?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I'm pretty sure the malign entity he's being manipulated by into doing evil stuff is Ben Percy. Incidentally, Beast is completely unrecognisable as a character by now from how he was in the 70s and 80s - he was smart, but didn't wear it, and was much more outgoing and light.

Ultimate Member

I had this fanwank that Dark Beast had a resurrection protocol of his own involving backup clones squirreled away in subterranean lairs, and a special organ in his chest full of one-use telepathic cells that would, at the moment of death, transmit his consciousness to the nearest clone body, allowing *him* to continue in a new body, and not just 'some clone with my memories picks up where I left off after I die.'

And, the system wasn't meant to be used in an AU which had *it's own Hank McCoy,* and so our 616 Hank McCoy got 'infected' with the Dark Beast personality download last time he died, and it's warping him beyond his normal nature.

That would be my 'explanation' for why the fun-loving Beast that used to be an Avenger has turned into this megalomanic psychopath.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Never in a million years did I ever think I would ever love Nanny so much.
    I saw the lineup for the Hellions back in the day and was like, 'wow, the only one I can even stand is Empath' (and then we got an unrecognizable Empath anyway, both physically and psychologically distinct from the one we'd seen before, and so he's turned into my least favorite Hellion...).

But Nanny is just amazingly fun. Her panel attacking Sinister still makes me laugh, and I've read the comic a couple of times now. (Interesting that she appeared to be a POC in the one scene where we got to see her limbs sticking out of her post-resurrection 'egg.')

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I had this fanwank that Dark Beast had a resurrection protocol of his own involving backup clones squirreled away in subterranean lairs, and a special organ in his chest full of one-use telepathic cells that would, at the moment of death, transmit his consciousness to the nearest clone body, allowing *him* to continue in a new body, and not just 'some clone with my memories picks up where I left off after I die.'

And, the system wasn't meant to be used in an AU which had *it's own Hank McCoy,* and so our 616 Hank McCoy got 'infected' with the Dark Beast personality download last time he died, and it's warping him beyond his normal nature.

That would be my 'explanation' for why the fun-loving Beast that used to be an Avenger has turned into this megalomanic psychopath.
    I know it's stretching it but every post human being blue in life 6 got me thinking that either Apoc was victorious over Nimrod but then the CoV sprung out and put him through the cycle like they did Darwin to change humanity like a 'Apocvine' virus BUT now I'm thinking the blue furball could get so entrapped in his own genius and science that maybe in life 6 he's the one who became post mutant and made the humans post human...

So Ben Percy may have hinted on Instagram that the arrival and role of a Certain Red and Black Merc right now could be a hint of things to come
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe