Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Perhaps there should be a kind of definitions of what's a guest star, what's a crossover and what's an event. When did they ever start being called events anyway? Was (the original) X-Men 9 the Avengers guest starring? Was it a crossover? Or was it an event?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It is a event called hellfire gala through all the books (except Cota and Cable). IDK why try to not make it a event, when it has all the definitions of a event
    Because someone in threads want to call it a "cash grab" and complain "nothing big is happening". When nothing big is happening because the point of the exercise is to show the full scope of a party not push a big storyline. The point was this was happening if no books decide to join, or if two or three books decided to join,etc. Because everyone jump in it made the "guest starring" a bigger thing and Hickman move announcing of the X-men there to make it bigger.

Yeah it is an "Event"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Perhaps there should be a kind of definitions of what's a guest star, what's a crossover and what's an event. When did they ever start being called events anyway? Was (the original) X-Men 9 the Avengers guest starring? Was it a crossover? Or was it an event?
    I will take the blame on this part it is called a "crossover event". I should have called it "guest starring" to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-01-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Because some people in threads want to call it a "cash grab" and complain "nothing big is happening". When nothing big is happening because the point of the exercise is to show the full scope of a party.

Yeah it is an "Event"

I will take the blame on this part it is called a "crossover event". I should call it "guest starring" to avoid confusion.
    So like, i think some of these costumes will look better when we actually see them in motion. Plus, there are going to be various artists involved so i don’t think we should count off anyone’s costume as of yet. Iceman’s i think will be a lot better when we see him in action. Though i think he will have as many haters but those haters will be intensified. Which i am no fashion expert but, i think that’s kinda the point.

Because someone in threads want to call it a "cash grab" and complain "nothing big is happening". When nothing big is happening because the point of the exercise is to show the full scope of a party not push a big storyline. The point was this was happening if no books decide to join, or if two or three books decided to join,etc. Because everyone jump in it made the "guest starring" a bigger thing and Hickman move announcing of the X-men there to make it bigger.

Yeah it is an "Event"
    It is a event. Not need for the ""

I don't see why 13 issues to show a glorified party is even needed. Same thing from X of swords that could have been much less

It is a event. Not need for the ""

I don't see why 13 issues to show a glorified party is even needed. Same thing from X of swords that could have been much less
    Actually it couldn’t. If it did it would suck. Which it does not. Unless they made it ten issues. Then, that would have been bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I'm with ya! I'm a straight white dude and I'm super excited for the Gala! I'm digging the different styles on display!
    Same here. I have enjoyed every second of this week. Glorious fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    . Which i am no fashion expert but, i think that’s kinda the point.
    If you get the Met Gala, You get why this a big thing. You are right it is Fashion is the point. The X-men showing off the world is the point. Them dressing up is "the big thing" I wish they had not shown the looks seeing it for the first time in the books would have been huge. But advertising is sometimes a backward thing I have seen movies spoil their surprises(looking at you Terminator Genisis ) in the trailer. So sometimes advertising is counterproductive to the product.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I just don’t get why this one single event is causing so much anguish with “old school” fans. We’ve had violence, rapes, GENOCIDE, but one fashion event and people are like OMG WHAAAAATTTT?? Have none of you ever been to a costume party? That’s literally all this is. It’s being promoted because those involved are obviously proud of their work! (And in direct response to bearman, Wolverine isn’t getting dressed up in any crazy way so he’s still in your head cannon.)
    I have been reading since the 80's and I really don't know what I think of this Gala tbh. Though I see some of these looks are OOC or even uh, busy... It may be more realistic for some to just show up in regular clothes going meh and grabbing something to drink... in the end I just think this is just meant to be lighthearted.

BANNED

It is a event called hellfire gala through all the books (except Cota and Cable). IDK why try to not make it a event, when it has all the definitions of a event
    It would be nice to know what "Hellfire Gala" is actually about. And, please don't tell me it's a story arc based on a mutant fashion show.
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-01-2021 at 04:19 PM.

If you get the Met Gala, You get why this a big thing. You are right it is Fashion is the point. The X-men showing off the world is the point. Them dressing up is "the big thing" I wish they had not shown the looks seeing it for the first time in the books would have been huge. But advertising is sometimes a backward thing I have seen movies spoil their surprises(looking at you Terminator Genisis ) in the trailer. So sometimes advertising is counterproductive to the product.
    I mean, i am glad they had the reveal honestly. I think people’s appetite for this is bigger than they let on. There are going to be a few you aren’t going to like but i mean its a long roster and its all personal taste anyways. The real meat and potatoes will be when they start wielding their power. Except this time, it won’t be using their superpowers, it will be using their political power and intrigue. Its all the hellfire club ever wanted to do but yeah they were a lot more private. This will be a big shake up in the marvel world. The effects will be felt in most titles under marvel to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I have been reading since the 80's and I really don't know what I think of this Gala tbh. Though I see some of these looks are OOC or even uh, busy... It may be more realistic for some to just show up in regular clothes going meh and grabbing something to drink... in the end I just think this is just meant to be lighthearted.
    Busy and Excess is generally the point of these things

They don't look that busy, oscars always have one or another very exotic

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    It's human culture, mutants cant even create their own things

MET Gala is just a event of rich people showing that they paid thousands of dollars on a dress, nothing with wide appeal. LOL
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-01-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Rihannahs (?) Pope Mobile awaits.

As I've thought before seeing images like this I didn't know these galas existed with all the outfits looking like these except for the occasional odd outfit at the Oscars like Bjork dressing as a swan or that lady who dressed up in a dress made of credit cards. Or the occasional different and daring outfit on a runway.

Incredible Member

There's a merchandise opportunity for Marvel here as well I think. Check out the X-Force cover, see the string ties they're wearing, I'd wear one of those.

They don't look that busy, oscars always have one or another very exotic
    I mean there is more, I wasn't trying to crunch the thread with photos but in seeing some people talk seeing real live photos might help get kind of a feel for what they were going for in the book