Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Why is Karma still walking around with a artificial leg? Girl go kill yourself. ..get a new body.

Or get Elixir to grow your new one .
    Guessing you didnt read the latest NM

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I really do hate (a word i honestly try to rarely use) frenzy costume. I mean it looks amazing and amazing on frenzy but for whatever reason it just doesn't feel like frenzy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I really do hate (a word i honestly try to rarely use) frenzy costume. I mean it looks amazing and amazing on frenzy but for whatever reason it just doesn't feel like frenzy.
    I really love Frenzy's. Disco meets a princess.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Maybe they'll reveal the new council members at the Gala?

Yeah, with that helmet she reminds me of Tempo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yeah, with that helmet she reminds me of Tempo.
    Who in turn did the rare thing and left her helmet at home, to go with a simple gold dress reflecting the rest of her costume, oh the irony

Astonishing Member

Ikr? Her get up in S.W.O.R.D is better than this, should have stuck with something close to that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Kitty and Kurt’s outfits complement each other.
    Attachment 109055
    Haven't seen the NC outfit yet, is it on this thread?(if yes,page please)

Astonishing Member

If Colossus is pulling off the Sinister look, I wonder what Sinister will do..he's too much of a dandy to allow getting upstaged.

Yeah I think you’re right. Frenzy has always had a more androgynous look so she probably wouldn’t have chosen such a flowy gown look. I think maybe they were going for a warrior look but it looks more Grecian/Macedonian, sexy Cleopatra.

I like Karmas design. Some things about that can be due to taste. Beyond that it has an original silhouette. It’s not basic pieces that are simply styled well.

Even if it would fail it at least tries. You have an opinion about it. The worst thing for fashion is if it doesn’t say anything, doesn’t make you feel anything.

It’s a shame that all designs weren’t done by a select number of artist as it’s clear that this assignment suited some artists far better then others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Karma's dress is influenced by her geometric power effect.
    Thanks! I see what you mean now with the part around her shoulders. The rest doesn’t really relate though. (I’ll get into it more below.)

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I like Karmas design. Some things about that can be due to taste. Beyond that it has an original silhouette. It’s not basic pieces that are simply styled well.

Even if it would fail it at least tries. You have an opinion about it. The worst thing for fashion is if it doesn’t say anything, doesn’t make you feel anything.

It’s a shame that all designs weren’t done by a select number of artist as it’s clear that this assignment suited some artists far better then others.
    I actually like the design a lot and agree about aiming high rather than going safe. But other than the part around her shoulders looking like her power signature (as Dante Milton pointed out!) there isn’t a ton of personalization. I love the silhouette and it is something Gaga would wear, and I think it would be perfect for Hisako.

It was probably too much work to have one artist do all the designs, but agreed they should have limited the work to artists like Russell Dauterman and Lucas Werneck who are more fashion oriented!
    Last edited by superjosh; 04-29-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Thanks! I see what you mean now with the part around her shoulders. The rest doesn’t really relate though. (I’ll get into it more below.)

I actually like the design a lot and agree about aiming high rather than going safe. But other than the part around her shoulders looking like her power signature (as Dante Milton pointed out!) there isn’t a ton of personalization. I love the silhouette and it is something Gaga would wear, and I think it would be perfect for Hisako.

It was probably too much work to have one artist do all the designs, but agreed they should have limited the work to artists like Russell Dauterman and Lucas Werneck who are more fashion oriented!
    Yes I agree. It’s would suit Armor very well. Perhaps to well. But that is an entirely different discussion.

Overall I like the idea of gala looks. Maybe next year we can get a new version where they have learnt from this one and made it even better. Where the characters that got the short end of the straw this time gets a much better look.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yes I agree. It’s would suit Armor very well. Perhaps to well. But that is an entirely different discussion.

Overall I like the idea of gala looks. Maybe next year we can get a new version where they have learnt from this one and made it even better. Where the characters that got the short end of the straw this time gets a much better look.
    Ultimately, it’s just one event so it’s just fun nitpicking. There’s never been anything like this before so I hope the buzz around it inspires the powers that be to do more out of the box storytelling!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I hope it's scaled back in terms of how wide across the line it is, we don't need a 12 issue event about fashion designs on top of the already endless other events going on