Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Gotcha. Thanks.
    I can edit one for you if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I can edit one for you if you'd like!
    Thats kind, no worries superjosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Thats kind, no worries superjosh.
    I might do it later anyway lol. Her monochromatic look actually goes well with the rest of the team.

Emma Frost art for a exclusive retailer variant of MARAUDERS #21 by Zu Orzu

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Emma Frost art for a exclusive retailer variant of MARAUDERS #21 by Zu Orzu
    Why does she look like Jennifer Lopez?

Incredible Member

Folks, I gotta tell you... I am a very old X Men fan, in every sense of that phrase. I have followed the group thru some grim, some pointless, and dreadfully dull times. Now I get the Mutant Fashion show is not for me. There seems to be lots of ty fans who support this. But it seems to me Hickman has lost his way. Can’t imagine anyone getting wolverine to get dressed up for a party ( undercover work, maybe...). It’s ridiculous as the idea Wolverine would share his woman. Or that poor repressed Scott Summers would the same. I guess Jean is no longer a member of the Young Republicans
    And has embraces alternate lifestyles.
    Can’t imagine Beast, Banshee, Bishop or forge enjoying dress up. They are adults, and their proms are long behind them. I really think that, in universe, they would be embarrassed .

This is not a direct reply to bearman's post above mine, as they did say "Now I get the Mutant Fashion show is not for me."

I don't understand people who are outright bashing the fact that the mutants are in high fashion. Superhero costumes are just another genre of fashion design. We've spent years looking at these characters in capes, sashes, tights and all types of things that scream "high fashion", but The Hellfire Gala is a problem because Marvel is trying something different and having a little fun with the costumes and outfits? I don't get it.

The point of The Gala is to be outrageous. Why wouldn't Emma throw an event like this for Krakoa? It makes total sense. It's in character for her and with all that Krakoa has to offer mutants (resurrection being the biggest perk), I'm pretty sure they'd buy in. Hell, if my community told me I could never truly die I'd wear some crazy **** to their party for one night.

I, for one, am excited. I love the designs. Some are ugly, hideous and a hot ass mess. But, that's the point. I love the fact that some of the mutants look a mess. That's fashion. We all have different takes on is it "hot or not." Rachel's look has been panned. I think she looks amazing. I've been reading X-books since 1988 and I love the fact that this new era has me excited again after years of feeling so disappointed. Looking forward mainly to the Larraz books, because anything he draws is amazing.

Be well, folks, and my comment is not meant to offend anyone. Just adding my 2 cents to the conversation.
    Last edited by GeneTitan; 04-30-2021 at 09:11 PM.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    This is not a direct reply to bearman's post above mine, as they did say "Now I get the Mutant Fashion show is not for me."

I don't understand people who are outright bashing the fact that the mutants are in high fashion. Superhero costumes are just another genre of fashion design. We've spent years looking at these characters in capes, sashes, tights and all types of things that scream "high fashion", but The Hellfire Gala is a problem because Marvel is trying something different and having a little fun with the costumes and outfits? I don't get it.

The point of The Gala is to be outrageous. Why wouldn't Emma throw an event like this for Krakoa? It makes total sense.
    It's in character for her and with all that Krakoa has to offer mutants (resurrection being the biggest perk), I'm pretty sure they'd buy in. Hell, if my community told me I could never truly die I'd wear some crazy **** to their party for one night.

I, for one, am excited. I love the designs. Some are ugly, hideous and a hot ass mess. But, that's the point. I love the fact that some of the mutants look a mess. That's fashion. We all have different takes on is it "hot or not." Rachel's look has been panned. I think she looks amazing. I've been reading X-books since 1988 and I love the fact that this new era has me excited again after years of feeling so disappointed. Looking forward mainly to the Larraz books, because anything he draws is amazing.

Be well, folks, and my comment is not meant to offend anyone. Just adding my 2 cents to the conversation.
    Without really trying to come down on one side or the other?

Because it is incredibly hard to evolve beyond "Baseline Human..." conventions when you are taking a page directly from it's book without changing so much as a letter.

While I don't think that it is anything worth getting all that worked up over if it is not for you, I can totally see the "Against..." case.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Rictor, Daken, Northstar, Pyro, Kyle have all been shown in their outfits at gala. How is it Iceman is cliche when X-men are presenting all types of queer people? Again the legit only complaint about this imo is that you didn't in vision Iceman as gay male who would wear dress that is fine you weren't present with evidence before. But moving forward this complaint will be invalid because Iceman is being shown as gay male who would wear dress on occasion. It is cemented in canon, this is Iceman presentation moving forward. Any time moving forward someone says Iceman is doing "cliché queer things" you can point to things like this moment to go no Iceman is the type who would do that. As someone who was closeted it is understandable they aren't tons of examples or hints in canon.

This is coming from a straight male who believes Iceman sexuality shouldn't have been changed, who believes Iceman past presentation would have made him BI, Iceman isn't the type to wear a dress BUT what I believe doesn't matter what the book presents is canon, that is the only thing that matters in the big picture. And what the book is presenting is Iceman is very much gay man who does things that some people think are cliche. The fiction is providing the evidence that is who he is period, for people to ignore it is wrong. And the X-men has so many presentation of gay and bisexual males now who aren't flamboyantly queer that to target Iceman for glamming up seems weird.

I might not like overall process of how it was done because doing things to established characters will create strong feelings from people but this is the nature of the monster "retroactive always was history is part of the genre" Wolverine name is James , Moria is a mutant, Iceman likes to glam it up in a dress at times.
    Slow. Clap..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Folks, I gotta tell you... I am a very old X Men fan, in every sense of that phrase. I have followed the group thru some grim, some pointless, and dreadfully dull times. Now I get the Mutant Fashion show is not for me. There seems to be lots of ty fans who support this. But it seems to me Hickman has lost his way. Can’t imagine anyone getting wolverine to get dressed up for a party ( undercover work, maybe...). It’s ridiculous as the idea Wolverine would share his woman. Or that poor repressed Scott Summers would the same. I guess Jean is no longer a member of the Young Republicans
    And has embraces alternate lifestyles.
    Can’t imagine Beast, Banshee, Bishop or forge enjoying dress up. They are adults, and their proms are long behind them. I really think that, in universe, they would be embarrassed .
    I'm not exactly young myself. Who's your favorite X-character?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post

The point of The Gala is to be outrageous. Why wouldn't Emma throw an event like this for Krakoa? It makes total sense. It's in character for her and with all that Krakoa has to offer mutants (resurrection being the biggest perk), I'm pretty sure they'd buy in. Hell, if my community told me I could never truly die I'd wear some crazy **** to their party for one night.

A lot of this stuff isn't high fashion, it's just badly done crap and should be panned as such. Rachel's "outfit" is a perfect example of this. Considering the utter hell her life has been,why would she wear something as ridiculous as this? If she did take to wearing it,she would need to be taken off the streets and put in the nearest asylum for her own safety,not to mention that of everyone around her,like they did Illyana.

Krakoa, We have a problem...........
    Last edited by rcaguy; 05-01-2021 at 12:06 AM.

I just don’t get why this one single event is causing so much anguish with “old school” fans. We’ve had violence, rapes, GENOCIDE, but one fashion event and people are like OMG WHAAAAATTTT?? Have none of you ever been to a costume party? That’s literally all this is. It’s being promoted because those involved are obviously proud of their work! (And in direct response to bearman, Wolverine isn’t getting dressed up in any crazy way so he’s still in your head cannon.)

And to those saying that in all their years they’ve never seen something like this (Krakoa or the Hellfire Gala)... well that’s a good thing. The franchise had been stale for a long time before this era.

So the Hellfire Gala isn’t for you? Hnnnh. I guess everything has to be for you all the time and us being the “small” fraction of newer, undeserving fans are just supposed to always read what you want to read. (I myself have been reading X-Men comics since 1989, mind you.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    A vow of celibacy doesn't make someone an incel (involuntary celibate), if anything it makes him asexual.
    ????huh, no it would make them a volcel,voluntary cel.