Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1543
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Awesome SWORD 06 issue...the Magneto and SW ending was actually really sweet. Ewing is 6 for 6.
    I will desperately miss Valerio on SWORD (but at least I can look forward to his work in the issue of Inferno he illustrates)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    More than a tiny bit annoyed the human/mutant unity idea is more prevalent in an issue of Guardians where Rich and Magneto beat the **** out of each other than in most issues of the actual Gala
    You keep repeting this in all of the X Books, why dont you whine ass much in the Avengers/FF/Spider books, what are they doing to achive human/mutant unity? why the mutants have to do everything?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    You keep repeting this in all of the X Books, why dont you whine ass much in the Avengers/FF/Spider books, what are they doing to achive human/mutant unity? why the mutants have to do everything?
    The solicits, characters, and in universe explanation for the Galas existence said that that was what the Gala was about, so it's not unreasonable to expect it actually be in the books. it just never wound up happening.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-23-2021 at 07:49 AM.

There also seems to be some inconsistencies as to whether or not everyone at the party is invited or not: Hellions implied specific mutants are invited, but other books seem to imply it's a free invitation to any mutant who wants to show up. Way of X even implies that all of Krakoa was present for the party.

I dunno what was even the big deal about the terraforming of Mars when recently in an issue of Wolverine: Black, White, & Blood showed that the planet was already habitable. Magik transported Wolverine to the planet just fine without making a big spectacle of it.

Incredible Member

There also seems to be some inconsistencies as to whether or not everyone at the party is invited or not: Hellions implied specific mutants are invited, but other books seem to imply it's a free invitation to any mutant who wants to show up. Way of X even implies that all of Krakoa was present for the party.
    Would assume if it's known that so and so is going to be an ass they would likely be told not to show their face.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I dunno what was even the big deal about the terraforming of Mars when recently in an issue of Wolverine: Black, White, & Blood showed that the planet was already habitable. Magik transported Wolverine to the planet just fine without making a big spectacle of it.
    One tiny little air pocket is a lot different than terraforming an entire planet in a few hours. Something the Intergalactic Council was even impressed by because terraforming usually takes a year.

The Hellfire Gala has come to a close, I enjoyed the event but it could have been much better, I don't think next weeks X-Factor #10 will be much chop except for probably the last page reveal on who dies at the Hellfire Gala. I'm tipping Wanda with Magneto the prime suspect in a mutant who dunnit mystery which will continue in the Trial of Magneto mini series.
    Marauders #21, X-Men #21, Planet-Size X-Men #1 and S.W.O.R.D. #6 we're certsinly the RED books followed by X-Force #20, Wolverine # 13 and Hellions # 12.
    I feel that Excalibur #21, New Mutants #19, X-Corp #2 and Way of X #3 were all unnecessary books in regards to the Hellfire Gala.
    I feel the X-Corp writers missed a huge opportunity for their characters to be more business oriented with potential clients instead of conducting interviews during the Hellfire Gala.
    Now I'm just wondering does the Trial of Magneto happen just before Inferno ?.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 06-25-2021 at 07:07 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Did Colossus do anything the whole month besides being shirtless and metal in the background constantly? I'm not saying that wasn't enough, I just find it amusing with all the pre-Gala attention he got.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Did Colossus do anything the whole month besides being shirtless and metal in the background constantly? I'm not saying that wasn't enough, I just find it amusing with all the pre-Gala attention he got.
    I would be interested to see him and his non-X-man pink girlfriend attend.

But at least we know more Colossus is coming with Mikhail’s upcoming return.

So now with 3 confirmed murders during the party, and Beasts total fuckup, it's safe to say X-Force absolutely sucked at their security jobs for the Gala lol

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I’m loving the fact that Pyro is Dazzler’s boytoy for the night in every cameo.

Astonishing Member

So now with 3 confirmed murders during the party, and Beasts total fuckup, it's safe to say X-Force absolutely sucked at their security jobs for the Gala lol
    Gabby was on Krakoa and not the result of X-force being bad at their job (they still are), but the government and society of Krakoa being bad at dealing with their domestic ... everything.

Likewise Pete Wisdom was killed away and his murder is more an example of the X-men in general being bad at keeping eyes on friends and allies. Which is not a new problem.

And Wisdom was killed by people he's been working with since Excalibur #4. Shady.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Lmao I forgot about Wisdom. Lotta murder happening during this party semi-event