Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1543

Is anyone really surprised? They have been killing characters left and right ever since they introduced the resurrection protocols(which I knew would happen). I have said this before, but I think it is funny that these character went years and years where it was incredibly rare for A, B, and even C listers to actually die, but now they are dropping like flys. It makes everyone look incompetent because we are used to these characters being able to handle themselves in these situations.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Yet by morning she was with Nemisis.
    My flag is bacon.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Gabby was on Krakoa and not the result of X-force being bad at their job (they still are), but the government and society of Krakoa being bad at dealing with their domestic ... everything.

Likewise Pete Wisdom was killed away and his murder is more an example of the X-men in general being bad at keeping eyes on friends and allies. Which is not a new problem.
    Gabby was the result of the New Mutants being bad at their job, and even moreso, Wolverine and Daken being horrible family members.
    My flag is bacon.

I've been a supporter of all X-related content since 1987. I love the X-Men. Unfortunately, for me, the reveals of the new looks was more exciting than the actual gala itself. We already knew who made the new X-Men team and I felt the event itself was a bit too drawn out to cover all the books. However, I am looking forward to Duggan's X-Men and Inferno. The gala itself was a chop for me.
    Mutant and Proud!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The for the Galas existence said that that was what the Gala was about, so it's not unreasonable to expect it actually be in the books. it just never wound up happening.
    Why are you acting like this is some kind of great loss?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I've been a supporter of all X-related content since 1987. I love the X-Men. Unfortunately, for me, the reveals of the new looks was more exciting than the actual gala itself. We already knew who made the new X-Men team and I felt the event itself was a bit too drawn out to cover all the books. However, I am looking forward to Duggan's X-Men and Inferno. The gala itself was a chop for me.
    I agree. I think when it comes to the current X-books it is important to stay with the main titles and ignore the rest. Everything else, unfortunately, is just annoying filler material to inflate the event and sell more. I don't get why it is so difficult to really tell a story in ALL books part of such an event?!

I think the Gala works beautifully and is quite concise if you only read what is necessary: Marauders, X-Men, Planet-Size X-Men, & S.W.O.R.D.

Same happened to X of Swords. I really wished Hickman's writing and work would claim more centrality.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Is anyone really surprised? They have been killing characters left and right ever since they introduced the resurrection protocols(which I knew would happen). I have said this before, but I think it is funny that these character went years and years where it was incredibly rare for A, B, and even C listers to actually die, but now they are dropping like flys. It makes everyone look incompetent because we are used to these characters being able to handle themselves in these situations.
    Agreed.
    It's either smart and a meta-commentary or cheap and excuses to add stakes and just kill.
    And I don't know which...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I agree. I think when it comes to the current X-books it is important to stay with the main titles and ignore the rest. Everything else, unfortunately, is just annoying filler material to inflate the event and sell more. I don't get why it is so difficult to really tell a story in ALL books part of such an event?!

I think the Gala works beautifully and is quite concise if you only read what is necessary: Marauders, X-Men, Planet-Size X-Men, & S.W.O.R.D.

Same happened to X of Swords. I really wished Hickman's writing and work would claim more centrality.
    My problem with Gala was that I was expecting them to do actually nuanced conversations that affect story.
    Instead we got was characters interacting in something written in a half-decent fan-fic.

The Gala itself did nothing, the mars colonization was the key and they gave so much time to the gala and the Mars was rushed.

S.W.O.R.D. 6 was the only issue that actually had meaningful conversation from the big stuff to the littlest things(Gyrich taking to (I forget the guys name a lot) about orchis)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Why are you acting like this is some kind of great loss?
    Well it was the stated premise of the entire event, and then they did nothing with it. The Guardians tie in was more thematically relevant than most of the books in the actual event. It was basically Marauders, X-Men, and the first part of SWORD

Extraordinary Member

Sword and Hellions are the only books to come out this event that were really worth it to me. New Mutants did a good job of depicting the team as a family and could have stuck the landing if it didn't devote so much time to a no-name jerkface and either had more characters than just Dani talking to the Avengers or did more with the characters outside of dealing with mr. jerkface. Half of the red books were all set-up and filler, and Planet-Sized left no room for anything other than the BIG moment, which actually makes it feel dragged out and not as big as it should be. Hellions was just fun and Sword was the only book to have both big and small moments that were relevant to the gala's story.

Even though we the readers already knew who they were, the world was introduced to the new X-Men team at the Gala. I find that big as it's been argued for a year that the "X-Men" are no more and we only have Krakoans.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Even though we the readers already knew who they were, the world was introduced to the new X-Men team at the Gala. I find that big as it's been argued for a year that the "X-Men" are no more and we only have Krakoans.
    Yes, which was the part I liked the most even though they gave it away way too early.

The Mars thing was very confusingly promoted since they kept hinting it'd bring everyone together, but it definitely wasn't anything close to that at all.

Astonishing Member

Yes, which was the part I liked the most even though they gave it away way too early.

The Mars thing was very confusingly promoted since they kept hinting it'd bring everyone together, but it definitely wasn't anything close to that at all.
    Hubris is a mf.

Incredible Member

What do you mean bring everyone together? Are you actually saying that Stark,Avengers,FF,Doom,and Shield and the rest of the beautiful people should've been given free headquarters space on Mars, while the rest of the riff-raff should've continued to be ignored and left behind on earth?
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-29-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

We're on the same page. I'm going to be cutting down on my X-titles after tomorrow's "X-Factor" #10. I will continue to buy physical copies, just less of them. Like you said, a lot of it was just filler.
    Mutant and Proud!