Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Is Havok wearing a bathrobe or a kimono over his suit? I honestly can’t tell.
    No, I think that is his Suit, a modified costume as a suit. Same for Sinister.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Given Wildchild's past with both Daken and Aurora, I'd like him to run into them and say "anywhere either of you think you're going, I've already been!

That should liven things up.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Given Wildchild's past with both Daken and Aurora, I'd like him to run into them and say "anywhere either of you think you're going, I've already been!

That should liven things up.
    Considering how the current setup involves practically every mutant from X-men and Marvel Comics history being in one place, seemingly living in non-sensical harmony and how many characters have some kind of personal history from the past 50 years of the comics existing, you could have a ton of such encounters, but they won't happen. A. because of limited pannel time and B. because of something dreaded called "continuity" which writers like to avoid like the plague unless it works well in their current momentary narrative.

It looks like he is wearing a suit underneath a trench- or overcoat. Reminds me to Mod fashion. Only with the overcoat not being intentionaly shaby but overdesigned like most of these outfits.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-20-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering how the current setup involves practically every mutant from X-men and Marvel Comics history being in one place, seemingly living in non-sensical harmony and how many characters have some kind of personal history from the past 50 years of the comics existing, you could have a ton of such encounters, but they won't happen. A. because of limited pannel time
    Editors' favorite excuse after screwing up

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And it's expressly because of that 50 years of character histories interacting and intermingling, over and over again, in multiple variations (under numerous writers) that current writers have no choice but to pick and choose what to write and how to write it as it bests suits the story their telling...and usually that mean leaving a lot out/ignoring many things in continuity that we might think are important.

If writers were to expound on ALL the character minutiae of the past 50 years, as per all our wants and wishes...then all we'll be reading is revised versions of stories that have already been told. kittenheim tried that shyt in Gold...it was garbage.

Eventhough I'm not reading it...I do think a series like X-Men:Legends is very important, if only to "address" those missing links and unresolved moments.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I can't help but feel like the hype for this is a bit overboard. They're setting it up to be the next big event, not in an extended crossover series, but it is using 12 issues to tell the story (though from different POV), but it's not a true limited series event. Assuming for sure we find out who the X-Men team is, I'm wondering if we're going really walk away with anything else important happening. I'll read the books I"m already reading and planet sized, maybe will pick up a few others, which I guess is Marvel's main goal here, - spend $$. but they are really promoting this hard.

I know we have gone off on the Haute Couture/Green Carpet stuff but...this Gala is ostensibly to
    1: to further foster diplomatic and Global connection.
    2: To show the world that Mutants are unified in their direction and goals forward (although that is clearly not the case internally among certain groups and persons).
    And probably most important...
    3: the introduction of the new, official X-Men Team and their MO. We and the MU haven't had that in...years.

That alone would deserve all the promotion and marketing they're being given.

No. 3
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I can't help but feel like the hype for this is a bit overboard. They're setting it up to be the next big event, not in an extended crossover series, but it is using 12 issues to tell the story (though from different POV), but it's not a true limited series event. Assuming for sure we find out who the X-Men team is, I'm wondering if we're going really walk away with anything else important happening. I'll read the books I"m already reading and planet sized, maybe will pick up a few others, which I guess is Marvel's main goal here, - spend $$. but they are really promoting this hard.
    This happened last year and Duggan was half responsible for that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And it's expressly because of that 50 years of character histories interacting and intermingling, over and over again, in multiple variations (under numerous writers) that current writers have no choice but to pick and choose what to write and how to write it as it bests suits the story their telling...and usually that mean leaving a lot out/ignoring many things in continuity that we might think are important.

If writers were to expound on ALL the character minutiae of the past 50 years, as per all our wants and wishes...then all we'll be reading is revised versions of stories that have already been told. kittenheim tried that shyt in Gold...it was garbage.

Eventhough I'm not reading it...I do think a series like X-Men:Legends is very important, if only to "address" those missing links and unresolved moments.
    It's pretty much a required necessary evil for these shared universe super hero fictions to work as ongoing setting. That's true.

So it makes sense that one shouldn't automatically expect continuity heavy run ins with other characters. Because that all depends on the writers willingness to do it and which in turn are usualy depending on what ever they feel like it profits the story they are doing.

I remember a comment by Peter David back during X-factor's X-Cell story, where he remarked he had Siryn and Monet talk to Marrow as if they knew her, because he was afraid the three might have met in some obscure comic he never heared of it, which some fans might then pester him with. So he went the safe route and had them know each other regardless of what ever it happend on pannel or not, because that's easier to retcon in than removing an actual meeting.

Which goes to show just how much work these constant cross-series continuities could potentialy create.

It does however create a problem when writers actualy uses the missing presence or inaction of certain characters or teams in previous storylines of other characters or teams as a point of drama or downright hostility between groups.
    Essentialy presenting a previously necessary narrative negligence into a mistake done by previous writers for not involving cross-continuity meetings of other characters at any time.

Oh why did the Avengers not show up when ever the X-men faced an enemy trying to wipe out all mutants? Ah yes because the X-men writers did not want to have to come up with an explanation for why the Avengers would be there but unable to beat the villain in order for the X-men to be the only ones to win the day.
    Oh why did the X-men not show up when the Avengers faced an enemy trying to wipe out Earth? Ah yes because the Avengers writers did not want to come up with an explanation for why the X-men would be there but unable to beat the villain, in order for the Avengers to be the only ones to win the day.

Which is also leaving out the aspect that some X-men writers or editors seem notoriously determinded to have mutants exist in a bubble most of the time, because it's easier for all the mutant discrimation situations.

And then there is the whole issue of the X-men franchise having such a massive cast of first, second and third rate characters all with their various super powers, that one has to wonder why they just didn't call in *insert name here* to deal with a certain problem they would be perfect to resolve in no time?
    Ah yes because the writers want it to be a problem which the actual main characters have to deal with using the limited resources they have at their disposale.

Funny enough this trend continues even in the current era where almost all mutant characters are on the same metaphorical team all the time, for exactly the same reason. Because it would constantly create a convoluted mess of call backs, call ups and easy solutions.

So i guess the best way to see this whole situation is to expect nothing and be pleasently surprised when writers do bring these connections up?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know we have gone off on the Haute Couture/Green Carpet stuff but...this Gala is ostensibly to
    1: to further foster diplomatic and Global connection.
    2: To show the world that Mutants are unified in their direction and goals forward (although that is clearly not the case internally among certain groups and persons).
    And probably most important...
    3: the introduction of the new, official X-Men Team and their MO. We and the MU haven't had that in...years.

That alone would deserve all the promotion and marketing they're being given.

No. 3
    Considering the third is in theory the most important part of the gala, as far as interests of most regular buying readers seem to go (the previous two points seem to not sell more titles but instead show a clear decline in sales, seemingly being unable to catch more attention or interest), wouldn't it make more sense to build up the mystery of who the members of this new X-men team are going to be and what enemies they are going to face, instead of trying to sell people on party outfits and haute couture?

Shouldn't the later be more something as a cherry on top?

I guess the comming weeks might still try to build up the mystery of the new team.

Also the X-men are in dire need of proper villians, all new groups so far had been unimpressive both in characterization and quality, as far as my perception of them is considered.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-20-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulagirl1 View Post
    This does not sound like a gala
    Considering they invited the leader of Madrippor i imagine it won't be and will be a lot of GoT style conversations taking place, lot of guile and subterfuge, veiled insults towards homo sapiens and such before something major caps of the night.

What happened to his energy signature being visible from the center of his core at any angle?

13FF6F33-EB06-4911-8663-223037943F39.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 03-20-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I LOVES it!!!!!!

I love how Emma made sure she got mentioned twice by name.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I love how Emma made sure she got mentioned twice by name.
    I expect nothing else from Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    What happened to his energy signature being visible from the center of his core at any angle?

13FF6F33-EB06-4911-8663-223037943F39.jpg
    He gained better control and a better costume when he was leader of X-Factor
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-24-2021 at 07:43 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.