Page 38 of 103 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    My bet is that the monumental announcement is that Krakoa is going to start colonizing other planets
    Would be appropriate for the Planet-Size book. Out of curiosity; how would you all feel about Planet Krakoa?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It'd be interesting if the announcement was that Krakoa, the literal physical island, was leaving the planet. Though that's be very separatist, which would normally be the opposite of the X-Mens ethos, but in Hickman era all that is out the window anyways

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Just rang my LCS and they said this Gala Guide comes out next week, not today. Are they mistaken?
    Comic shops in canada have it and i see reports of the same from the US. So either your comic shop is mistake or their distributer is late.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    My bet is that the monumental announcement is that Krakoa is going to start colonizing other planets and it will be the Hickman with Storm series.
    Like Mars?

I'll echo that I don't like Bobby's look. It could've been much more creative, instead of it encroaches on another design that already does what he is doing and better. David owns his look and it fits.

As far as Bobby doing something like this, I could see it as him doing it to be dramatic or as a joke, like him copying one of Emma's designs. I don't see him as the type to really enjoy drag in itself, he barely wears any type of clothing as it is, for some reason that reads as Northstar and Kyle to me.

There is also a couple of characters who should have been way more flamboyant. Daken's, Gambit and Mr Sinister's; what missed opportunities.

Exodus is also just his costume but with huge boots for some reason.

Onto the positives Colossus and Synch are favorites. Colossus makes him look dangerous, which after being a moping wreck post-Kitty, is something he needs. Synch just oozes style in a way that I have never thought of but is genius. I love the almost jazz or hippie-esque influence with his jacket and that hat unlike Magneto's which I hate looks great on him. I also like Cannonballs, though some people have pointed out which now I can't unsee, the almost confederate-influence which is a bit... uncomfortable.

Rictor is probably my favorite of the Excalibur looks. It is very Riddler-esque but I like it.

Frenzy looks awesome. Whiz-Kid, I appreciate the reference to his old costume, not sure how I feel about that dyed red hair.

Magneto and Xavier both look boring. Magneto should've channeled his inner Ian Mckellen.

That's all that sticks out to me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Comic shops in canada have it and i see reports of the same from the US. So either your comic shop is mistake or their distributer is late.
    Interesting, thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    What book is that from?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Though if all the mutants moved to Mars, that'd mean if they say, hit the giant reset button built into the premise of this era, it'd be easier if it happened on another planet

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Claremont is guest/co-writing Marauders 21?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Interesting, thanks for letting me know.

What book is that from?
    Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #3

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yeah, I saw that and was kinda mystified by the idea.

Its a backup story about the Hellfire Club's gala set in the past

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yeah, I saw that and was kinda mystified by the idea.
    I'm seeing John Bolton there in the credits as well so...I'm thinking a "Classic X-Men" style back-up story...?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Calling it now, his involvement will most definitely be Storm related and since it's a party, she'll be singing some old-ass Tina Turner song at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wolverine: Black, White & Blood #3
    Oh, wow. I have that book. Might have to give it another look. Thanks!

I'm seeing John Bolton there in the credits as well so...I'm thinking a "Classic X-Men" style back-up story...?
    Yeah, something like that, most likely.