Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of hoped-for fun and positivity to come out of the Hellfire Gala. Is nobody concerned that it could play out like a Krakoan Red Wedding?
    An internal massive betrayal at the hands of uneasy allies resulting in the sudden violent death of several heroic characters and the downfall of the hero faction would require a whole different situation. Not to forget for said characters having a chance to actualy stay dead which would be difficult to do in cape comics at the best of times, but now they have that neat little copy and paste flesh printer setup which more or less makes any violent death meaningless.

Some villains crushing the party? Now that would be a possibility, likely resulting in the heros having some action poses while beating down said villains. But something truely shocking would require a setup which this title has not really delivered.

Unless it's something really out of left field. Like a mutant who is not Mystique killing the five and setting the tree with all the husks on fire, while everyone is distracted at the gala. Though with X-factor still being a thing for the foreseeable future, such a massive disrupton of the replication process would harm that series too much for it to be a shocking turn at the moment.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-17-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Bring back Lourdes, so she can look at Shaw with horror and pity.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Bring back Lourdes, so she can look at Shaw with horror and pity.
    This!

Why haven’t we seen her yet?!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I was just about to ask what the over/under was on this turning into the X-men Red Wedding, only to find that I've been beaten to the punch.

All I want is for it to not be the start of the no good very bad plot of 'the wedding of Emma Frost and Tony Stark' that's been hinted at

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I was just about to ask what the over/under was on this turning into the X-men Red Wedding, only to find that I've been beaten to the punch.

All I want is for it to not be the start of the no good very bad plot of 'the wedding of Emma Frost and Tony Stark' that's been hinted at
    Considering Tony just started a new relationship in his comic, I very much doubt that will happen. I don't see Luke and Jessica having a child anytime soon, nor said child having a tragic fate either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of hoped-for fun and positivity to come out of the Hellfire Gala. Is nobody concerned that it could play out like a Krakoan Red Wedding?
    Considering Krakoa are the hosts, that analogy makes the the Freys

Apparently Dautermann designed the Gala looks and the images are currently circulating in the Marvel creators slack thread

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Default The Hellfire Gala: THE Soiree of all soirees

What will Emma wear? Will she have multiple changes over the course of the evening?
    Who will be Kate's plus one?
    Will Saucier have a nervous breakdown?
    The Guests! The Entertainment! The X-Men Reveals! These are the HAWTT Topics!-How we doin'?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Jean arrives in the Marvel Girl costume

Emma:
    20210201_170743.jpg

LOL. Oh the Shade!
    My hope is Jean shows up in something absolutely spectacular and Emma has no choice but to compliment her. But yes, we're there for the shade.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-01-2021 at 01:22 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Emma when the Avengers show up

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

Emma when the Avengers show up
    This man is a whole Icon for this!!

You know it! Mama ain't having no disrespect and foolishness at her party!

I wish they brought Olivier Coipel to draw some of the interiors for what the Hellfire Gala is going to end up being.

Russell Dauterman designed some stuff, right? But the artists for each series will be interpreting that? Am I correct?

Astonishing Member

I said it before i say it again, getting Emma and co. to look fancy dressed is no challenge of art or great display of fashion. Emma in particular could wear white trash bags and make it work. The real challenge is to get the freakier mutants to look good.

No-Girl, Beak, Caliban, etc. if they look right on the red carpet that's a challenge beaten.