Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    did the artist not finish those sketches?
    I assume some artists just don't do much on the faces when designing a new outfit

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Best dressed: Emma's diamond fringe gown, Betsy, Synch, Colossus, Eyeboy, Prodigy, Magik, Karma, and Monarch

Worst dressed: Cyclops, Laura-verine, Daken, Iceman, Dazzler, Gambit, Jubilee, Meggan, and all of X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Not a fan of anything here outside of Magik, everyone else needs to go back to the drawing board they've had better costumes than their attire for the Hellfire Gala!
    Yeah I agree. Dani has had better Valkyrie looks. Warlock, I mean it's kind of funny. Karma's look says nothing about her character and I think would have fit Armor/Hisako better. And Warpath... that looks more like someone copied Mr. Sinister and Colossus' homework and tried to pass it off as their own. I would have loved to see something more sleek and fashun because that's a hot chunk of man!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Karma's dress is influenced by her geometric power effect.

Well, damn, I totally missed that.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Karma's dress is influenced by her geometric power effect.
    I love Karma’s dress, it’s young and pretty and as you say, reflects her power signature.
    Dani’s is too fussy.
    Don’t like Illyana’s in this art, but that shot of her on the stairs (with Jean and Ororo and Roge) was excellent, so it just goest to sow that different artists can make designs sing.

Hard to type, cat on lap!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    As mentioned, Karma is the only one where the artist tried. These looks are blown out of the water by these designs by Twitter's beefcakeboss:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Anyone else disappointed with Dazzler's outfit? She's a pop diva -- I feel like even her headband + jacket + short hair look from the 90s had more personality.
    yeah it's so very basic... it's essentially her classic disco costume with sleeves. Considering some of the dresses the other ladies were put in I was really expecting something amazing for the pop diva with light powers. I mean they really could have played into her classic silver color scheme or gone with more holographic coloring. Nope. Just her disco suit in white/black (?) with sleeves...lmao. Some people got some imaginative or crazy looks & others were afterthoughts (like Dazzler & Gambit)

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Why is Karma still walking around with a artificial leg? Girl go kill yourself. ..get a new body.

Or get Elixir to grow you a new one .
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-01-2021 at 10:25 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Why is Karma still walking around with a artificial leg? Girl go kill yourself. ..get a new body.

Or get Elixir to grow your new one .
    Yeah, that threw me off as well.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Yeah, I kinda agree I absolutely LOVE Mirage and Magik, a couple of my favorite characters, but I wish Dani had a better outfit.

Dani could have been so much more with her history, culture, and the themes they could have pulled from. Disappointing to be honest, almost as disappointing for me as Karma, who I've always had a soft spot towards. I think Magik gets a pass because while she absolutely looks the best of the set, this image alone is worth the price of admission:

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Yeah I agree. Dani has had better Valkyrie looks. Warlock, I mean it's kind of funny. Karma's look says nothing about her character and I think would have fit Armor/Hisako better. And Warpath... that looks more like someone copied Mr. Sinister and Colossus' homework and tried to pass it off as their own. I would have loved to see something more sleek and fashun because that's a hot chunk of man!

Dani is the epitome of wasted potential to me, and totally agreed on the Valkyrie looks:

Warpath I won't even comment upon because I KNOW absolutely little if any thought was put into his, Karma's look hurts me personally because I'm such a big fan speaking of which:

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Or get Elixir to grow your new one .
    I hate that leg because it reeks of superficial "character development" without any writer since she's had the leg ever having to do anything to address it in a meaningful way.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 04-29-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Karma's dress looks to be inspired by dice-kayek couture. I think it's really clever how they infused her power signature into the design.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Does Krakoa need to erase every disability though? At least they didn't "fix" Wiz Kid.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Kitty and Kurt’s outfits complement each other.
    D7B4D6CC-D735-4A57-BC05-97E990AE126E.jpg
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 04-29-2021 at 01:20 PM.