Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I hope Betsy and Kwannon both show up wearing the same thing. And awkwardness ensues.

Why is Dauterman relegated to design work?! He NEEDS to draw the opening and closing chapters of this!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I wish I had the energy to make the fan art for this event that is taking up entirely too much space in my head. Unfortunately my motivation is dead and buried in the backyard, 2020 killed it while making direct eye contact and smiling.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Isca cannot be beaten. She will win the night.
    My flag is bacon.

I think Kevin Wada needs to be drafted.

Gosh, Joelle Jones would be great for this as well. Is she DC exclusive?

I just want Cyclops , Magik, Marvel Girl, the White Queen and Namor arriving last to the party dressed like this

Oh the drama

45be5839485032a0e5202918680b2ed2.jpg

I hope Rachel shows up in a stylish suit and sweeps Kate out onto the dance floor. And please, please give me some Scemma content.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's a good thing the woman can "walk on air" because between Rachel and Illyanna her dance card will be full!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

Emma when the Avengers show up
    If Emma does, I will buy a 100 copies. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Bruh I hope this lives up to the hype cause Swords was hyped and it lost me halfway in.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just an uninformed guess but...I think it might be a single story arc running through two/three books (XM/M/and perhaps one other) during the month of its release, (May/June?) only. Which makes it pretty much self-contained
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Just an uninformed guess but...I think it might be a single story arc running through two/three books (XM/M/and perhaps one other) during the month of its release, (May/June?) only. Which makes it pretty much self-contained
    That sounds reasonable. The whole thing does not sound like it could fill an event, but quite suited for a small scale crossover between a few of the books, unless their teams are out on some major actions.
    Like Marauders and X-men have the actual important events going on while X-factor, New Mutants and Hellions show the respective teams doing their own shenanigans at it, perhaps with some funny/amazed reaction when someone from their corner gets voted in.

Sharing some thoughts about the looks from the Gala:

Before Dautermann, there are two artists who I'd love to see designing dresses for this, which are Kris Anka and Kevin Wada.

Kris Anka has some history of creating new designs, specially when it comes to x-women. His work shines a new light in the characters while making it clear who we're looking at wihtout a second thought. This piece shows what I'm talking about:

And as someone said before in this thread, Kevin Wada would be good for this task too.

When it comes to Dautermann, I enjoy his art quite a lot. He's an inspiration. But I have yet to see him designing something outstanding, with the closest thing being Thor (Jane) and Emma from Giant-Size, with the latest looking a lot like something Anka did years before. Not complaining, though.

With all of this being said, I fully trust Dautermann's capacity to design interesting dresses that are both beautiful and let us know which characters we're looking at.

At last there's this whishful thinking where the Cukoos appear looking like Emma from Jamal Campbell, if they ever appear. Embbed link since I can't put 3 images in the same post.

Couldn't stop thinking about it. The Cuckoos could look like one of these:

In order:
    • Christina Aguilera from 2010's Golden Globe
    • Taylor Swift from 2015's Grammy
    • Taylor Swift from 2018's BBMA