Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    What I'm looking forward to about the gala is that it's essentially the same evening seen from multiple points of view. Hopefully there are going to be things of interest coming from every series. We know there's something huge for Storm, we know the new team is debuting, we know there's a shake up for the Marauders at least. There might be all kinds of other surprises in the other books, no need to buy anything you don't normally buy I don't think, it's just the same night through different eyes, so you should be able to get the story just in the books you want to buy, although you might have to get Planet Size, I guess.

It couldn't be better in my opinion.
    We already know the team that will be debuting, we know the shake up on Marauders. I think each issue will have different stories, different POV would be pure cashgrabs.

The only thing that looks bigger and will be surprise is the planet sized.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It just seems like a much more involved variation on those annual-ish breather books where the X-team would just play a game of football or baseball or some other bonding activity, and lots of characterization beats would get advanced, and maybe some powers would get shown off, but no action or bad-guys would be involved.

Only in this case, it's advancing the larger theme of a mutant society 'coming out' (it's a sweet sixteen for mutant society as a whole!) and taking it's place among global society and culture and realpolitick.

In *that* sense, it's kind of exactly what X-fans have wanted from the beginning. Krakoa (and mutantkind) stepping out on the world stage and *demanding* to be noticed.

And Krakoa looks *fabulous* and some are muttering, 'I didn't think it would be this gay...'
    As the resident psychic, i can tell you that those muttering those words are just in the closet and think if they go all in on this book then people will start to suspect them.

I think whatever is coming up for Storm is cosmic in nature, and adult Cable is also a part of it. Whatever it is, we should find out soon in the August solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think whatever is coming up for Storm is cosmic in nature, and adult Cable is also a part of it. Whatever it is, we should find out soon in the August solicits.
    I am hoping for cosmic storm and i am hoping its controversial as all hell. I want to see the scarlet witch discussions change into one where people are just moaning about how storm can be so powerful in space. I want her amazing showcase to trigger all the non believers. I want cats and dogs living together. Real wrath of mutants type of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It just seems like a much more involved variation on those annual-ish breather books where the X-team would just play a game of football or baseball or some other bonding activity, and lots of characterization beats would get advanced, and maybe some powers would get shown off, but no action or bad-guys would be involved.

Only in this case, it's advancing the larger theme of a mutant society 'coming out' (it's a sweet sixteen for mutant society as a whole!) and taking it's place among global society and culture and realpolitick.

In *that* sense, it's kind of exactly what X-fans have wanted from the beginning. Krakoa (and mutantkind) stepping out on the world stage and *demanding* to be noticed.

And Krakoa looks *fabulous* and some are muttering, 'I didn't think it would be this gay...'
    A shallow display that means nothing. galas are so human, why mutants are copying it

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I liked X of Swords. Most of it anyway. Pretty solid event. Maybe a little padded, but solid overall.
    Reading the individual issues I didn't like it so much with the padding and the stunt they pulled with the recycled art in Hickman's issues. And yeah I'm one of those fans that wanted to see more actual fighting in the tournament. That said after reading the story again in the hardcover I actually liked it a lot more. So with the gala I'm going in with no real expectations and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Reading the individual issues I didn't like it so much with the padding and the stunt they pulled with the recycled art in Hickman's issues. And yeah I'm one of those fans that wanted to see more actual fighting in the tournament. That said after reading the story again in the hardcover I actually liked it a lot more. So with the gala I'm going in with no real expectations and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    It was the dopest apocalypse of all time. The whole thing was magnificent. The book i did not deserve but i sorely needed.

It is not really an "event", It is just a crossover. It grew out of Marauders writer going " I am doing a big party in my book do you guys want to do anything". Then most of the writers going "hey that is a cool idea let me do something in my book". This grew into something big because the X-men writers have level communication that didn't happen in the past. This is the X-men franchise flexing it is a shared world, nothing big is going to happen because it is not an event but a bunch of books acknowledging that is in the same world. You wish this level of shared world was sustainable all the time. This "event" is the answer to a question like "Hey why didn't Spiderman show up to Falcon in New York" in this case it is " The X-men is throwing a party, what is everyone doing".

As company and line, they got to milk it as something bigger with advertising and gimmicks but at its heart, it is just a bunch of writers who talk to each other cooperating with each other. If the whole of Marvel communicated this way we would be happier with comics I mean would be asking why "didn't the Avengers" all the time.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-01-2021 at 03:14 PM.

A crossover is a event.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    A crossover is a event.
    Spiderman showing up in X-men is a crossover, X-factor showing up in Marauders is a crossover. Crossover happens in a shared universe. Avengers showed up in COTA I guess that is an event.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-01-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Ultimate Member

A shallow display that means nothing. galas are so human, why mutants are copying it
    Words are human. Pictures are human. Why are you reading comics again?

Why so self-loathing?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Spiderman showing up in X-men is crossover, X-factor showing up in Marauders is a crossover. Crossover happens in a shared universe.
    It isn't a crossover, it is called guest starring

It isn't a crossover, it is called guest starring
    Then X-men characters are "guest-starring" in each other book that month, Marvel put together an advertising campaign to boost it into something bigger.

It’s not an event or a crossover. Its an extravaganza.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Then X-men characters are "guest-starring" in each other book that month, Marvel put together an advertising campaign to boost it into something bigger.
    It is a event called hellfire gala through all the books (except Cota and Cable). IDK why try to not make it a event, when it has all the definitions of a event