Page 54 of 103 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

For the most part...barring a one panel mention here and there, most if not all the other Marvel books will ignore the HFG goings on. As they usually do with other X-events that have no real bearing on what goes on in their books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    For the most part...barring a one panel mention here and there, most if not all the other Marvel books will ignore the HFG goings on. As they usually do with other X-events that have no real bearing on what goes on in their books.
    Pretty much.

The non-interference clause is allready heavily in effect when one side is trying to save the world again or are under attack (which makes "where were you when we fought X/got killed by Y" arguments from characters so problematic in my opinion), so it would be odd if a fancy gala would suddently be the one thing everyone is meant to aknowledge in their seperated books.

Though i think they could have made a one-shot showing various other heros and their reactions/thoughts at the Gala.

Then again one could argue the whole thing in general could have just been two large one-shot issues. One for the X-men one for the rest of the Marvel universe.

Astonishing Member

If the current status quo lasts (which I actually do hope) and the Gala issues sell well I would hope they do add Gala one shots next year etc (though monkey paw probably means that’ll grow out of control fast)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I really haven’t seen all this anguish, beyond just a few posters I guess. Doesn’t seem to be garnering more negativity than anything else. Honestly, I saw far more pissing and moaning about X of Swords.

From my personal perspective, looks fine. I’m not super fired up for it, but not hating on it either. Having said that, if adult Cable returns in it, it instantly becomes my favorite X-event.
    Yeah, and even those posters are mostly saying stuff like ‘this is dumb, I don’t like it’. There was way more vitriol directed at the genocide stories and even Guggenheim’s non-genocide, but just dumb stories.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    If the current status quo lasts (which I actually do hope) and the Gala issues sell well I would hope they do add Gala one shots next year etc (though monkey paw probably means that’ll grow out of control fast)
    Giant Sized Hellfire Gala Annual should be a thing. I'll probably start a thread to discuss theme ideas for future Galas, or someone else can be if they are faster.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Yeah, and even those posters are mostly saying stuff like ‘this is dumb, I don’t like it’. There was way more vitriol directed at the genocide stories and even Guggenheim’s non-genocide, but just dumb stories.
    The people saying its dumb and they dont like it, well i got news for them, they are dumb and i dont like them!

I really haven’t seen all this anguish, beyond just a few posters I guess. Doesn’t seem to be garnering more negativity than anything else. Honestly, I saw far more pissing and moaning about X of Swords.

From my personal perspective, looks fine. I’m not super fired up for it, but not hating on it either. Having said that, if adult Cable returns in it, it instantly becomes my favorite X-event.
    I’ve seen more than a few people commenting that this is the last straw! Comics are just not what they used to be! I’m sick of them pushing an agenda! I’m not specifically talking about this forum. I’m talking here, comments on comic sites, Instagram, twitterverse... I know you’re not supposed to read the comments, but this over the top reaction is all over the place. And not just on common troll sites!
    Last edited by superjosh; 05-02-2021 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Giant Sized Hellfire Gala Annual should be a thing. I'll probably start a thread to discuss theme ideas for future Galas, or someone else can be if they are faster.
    Maybe only one one shot on the future is tolerable. Repeating same idea twice often have diminishing returns

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I’ve seen more than a few people commenting that this is the last straw! Comics are just not what they used to be! I’m sick of them pushing an agenda! I’m not specifically talking about this forum. I’m talking here, comments on comic sites, Instagram, twitterverse... I know you’re not supposed to read the comments, but this over the top reaction is all over the place. And not just on common troll sites!
    And people are allowed to feel that way

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    And people are allowed to feel that way
    This was regarding something I said earlier about how I think it’s a disproportionate reaction to one month of comics. Like some people are saying they’re ready to quit 30+ years of reading comics because of this. It is their right but it’s also dumb as fuxk.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

heres my ranking of all the outfits, this was kinda harder than i expected it to be
    Looks good to mr. Though, I would put Wolverine's look higher.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

This was regarding something I said earlier about how I think it’s a disproportionate reaction to one month of comics. Like some people are saying they’re ready to quit 30+ years of reading comics because of this. It is their right but it’s also dumb as fuxk.
    The problem is that dissatisfaction has been growing for some time and all that line can offer is a gala, really make folks mad. I think that if it was a one shot ok, but it is a entire month of comics.

Never read the comments. They’re mostly from unhappy folks. Happy folks don’t comment nearly as much. It’s why social media is basically just societal cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The problem is that dissatisfaction has been growing for some time and all that line can offer is a gala, really make folks mad. I think that if it was a one shot ok, but it is a entire month of comics.
    If that were the only situation, I’d be a little more sympathetic. But there’s a lot of underlying homophobia and garbage speak attached to it. Whenever someone says SJW or “pushing a gay agenda”, it is not about being unsatisfied with storytelling. It is about being ignorant, sexist, racist, homophobic, and all of that.

Never read the comments. They’re mostly from unhappy folks. Happy folks don’t comment nearly as much. It’s why social media is basically just societal cancer.
    Agreed but I’m also the type that needs to know what the enemy is thinking. Their true character shows when they can be anonymous online.
    Last edited by superjosh; 05-02-2021 at 11:37 AM.

If that were the only situation, I’d be a little more sympathetic. But there’s a lot of underlying homophobia and garbage speak attached to it. Whenever someone says SJW or “pushing a gay agenda”, it is not about being unsatisfied with storytelling. It is about being ignorant, sexist, racist, homophobic, and all of that.

Agreed but I’m also the type that needs to know what the enemy is thinking. Their true character shows when they can be anonymous online.
    I 100% agree. The same when they say mary sue or other connotations that they just use to trigger people. Sadly, this applies to both sides as you do have people who just start throwing accusations about racism or sexism or whatever ism because their arguments start to crumble or they just want to be mean. It happens all the time on here and i can’t help but facepalm because these people try and act like they are some kind of activists but really are just part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

heres my ranking of all the outfits, this was kinda harder than i expected it to be
    Haha this is wierd for me. So your C rank is the one I have troubles with. Witch was not something I was expecting based on the format. Rogue is definitly S rank. Move all of them up except Kyle, Angel, Warpath and Gambit. Kyle, Angel and Warpath stays C and Gambit moves down to either D or F.