Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

heard we may get some big news on the big june hellfire gala x-men event sometime this week if not defintly by next wed. Curious if its gonna be either larraz or dauterman on the giant sized book kicking off the event, and as people have mentioned not going to be like x-swords each issue will be about the gala but the books wont connect ie go story wont directly continue from one title to another had that confirmed for me

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    heard we may get some big news on the big june hellfire gala x-men event sometime this week if not defintly by next wed. Curious if its gonna be either larraz or dauterman on the giant sized book kicking off the event, and as people have mentioned not going to be like x-swords each issue will be about the gala but the books wont connect ie go story wont directly continue from one title to another had that confirmed for me
    Have you heard any more about the real Cable coming back? Is that coinciding with the Hellfire Gala? Seems like it would, timing wise, if it’s happening around Cable #12 in June.

I hope they show some established mutants and less rando pink chick/purple dude we will never see again.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Its very bad stop every book for a party that majority of them aren't building it up

do you think skip months are over after June?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    do you think skip months are over after June?
    Man, I hope so. The skip months need to go.

Fantastic Member

contrary to what was said heard most of the skip months were non comic related or more to do with printing and covid 19 issues i hope. Once again i hope all the people who bitched about all the double shipping in the begining are happy now. There is no question and just look at x of swords the big booksthat 2x sold the best. MAURADERS AND X-MEN should double ship every month or if not at least 16-20 issues a year. How much more enjoyable would hickman x-book be and both writers duggan on dp and hickman on avengers and ff have done it before quite well ANd if not another logical thing would be instead of the waste of a series way of X slot that book or x-corp in the main x-title for a few months and as head of x you can still have hickman name on the cover which is super important . REally beyond dumb for the main x-men book to have a skip month in april no matter what the case

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I hope they show some established mutants and less rando pink chick/purple dude we will never see again.
    Imagine every mutant at the gala except the new X-men team and the various characters who are allready on teams, being random backround filler mutant as you described, until the end of the storyline where we see a single page of a hundred well known C-listers as the audience of a totaly unrelated soccer game between some of the New X-men characters.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

contrary to what was said heard most of the skip months were non comic related or more to do with printing and covid 19 issues i hope. Once again i hope all the people who bitched about all the double shipping in the begining are happy now. There is no question and just look at x of swords the big booksthat 2x sold the best. MAURADERS AND X-MEN should double ship every month or if not at least 16-20 issues a year. How much more enjoyable would hickman x-book be and both writers duggan on dp and hickman on avengers and ff have done it before quite well ANd if not another logical thing would be instead of the waste of a series way of X slot that book or x-corp in the main x-title for a few months and as head of x you can still have hickman name on the cover which is super important . REally beyond dumb for the main x-men book to have a skip month in april no matter what the case

Shiyt happens...most of which we can never be absolute certain about seeing as how we don't work in the X-Offices. So we readers just have to suck it up. (it really isn't the end of our world).

Regardless whether they're shipping one a month or twice a month...you are getting the same stories and issues (probably with weaker, more inconsistent art). The same stories about which many here seem to find countless issues with week after week, month after month.

That is to say...double shipping is absolutely no guarantee the books will suddenly become enjoyable to some.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Peerless View Post
    I kinda wonder why it's being held in the most lawless place on earth. Then again, it may just be a ploy to make their real enemies come out of the shadows and reveal themselves. Emma's mind works like that.
    It's being held on Emma's private island.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Shiyt happens...most of which we can never be absolute certain about seeing as how we don't work in the X-Offices. So we readers just have to suck it up. (it really isn't the end of our world).

Regardless whether they're shipping one a month or twice a month...you are getting the same stories and issues (probably with weaker, more inconsistent art). The same stories about which many here seem to find countless issues with week after week, month after month.

That is to say...double shipping is absolutely no guarantee the books will suddenly become enjoyable to some.
    Yeah exactly, for me as long as the writer's vision remains the same continue taking your time and beautiful art I'm super good.

I don’t want to make this political, and me bringing this up is doing so only because it is necessary, but COVID has caused severe job losses around the world, and in the UK we have barely been able to work and get properly paid for a year. Comics are already expensive, so I’m glad X-Men is once a month, or I would probably have to drop the title. For people that can only afford 3-5 books a month (and I have collected comics for over a decade with those numbers), double shipping cuts a significant amount from one’s monthly budget. Comics have almost always been monthly, and most double shipped books I’ve ever got always start t suffer art-wise around the second story arc and never recover.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Ok. Character Redesign for Dazzler rollin up to the Hellfire Gala.
    I was thinking very Club Kid, Rock and Roll, GlamRock hell cat.
    Pairs well with Johnny Blaze.
    CBF0489B-289C-4812-BED3-196328AE9787.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 03-07-2021 at 04:41 PM.

I hope the Hellfire Gala is like The Met Gala.

All-New Member

First time poster here. But I'm remember a designer from the Iceman solo. A kid made clothes around powers and Emma gave her a little talent boost. It would be a cool thing to see her fashions at this point.

RCO010_1583448485.jpgRCO011_1583448485.jpg
    Last edited by LilRuRu; 03-07-2021 at 08:15 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    What a sad red carpet fashion show that would be. From what i've seen his clothes are unimpressively generic "sexy" or "artsy" with little in terms of consistent style (beyond apparently favoring white and fur linings) or unique cuts or materials.

His only claim to fame seems to be that he just happens to be a mutant on top of a designer.

Also isn't it a sad sign, that the mutants of Krakoa have perhaps hundreds of people who can bend or break the laws of physics, but only a single person who designs clothes? With the rest apparently made by an algorism for creating matching super hero uniforms. Especialy when said person's style can't even reach the level of something like "kitch" in the world of cyberpunk 2077?

If anything that red carpet should involve like a dozen mutant designers battling it out with outfits reaching from classic to outlandish. Also the true challenge is not making outfits for super model looking folks like Emma Frost, Monet, Scott Summers or Bishop.
    Getting the freakish looking mutants to look stylish, now that would be a challenge.
    For my post above ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️