Page 91 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1543

I like that Namor in his own way gave Charles and Erik the middle finger
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This may be worse than XOS. At least this time the books don't crossover, but is very dissapinting that the red issues have been whole nothings
    XoS was 22 issues. This was overhyped. The marketing was the event. But still more fun than XoS.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    The hellfire gala has definitely been all hype and no substance. Remember when tons of things happen in 1-2 issues. Now a party is stretched to 12 issues. Even the so called red issues have all been fluff.But if it had solid character work it would be nice, but it’s just flat.

It’s so flat no one has even bothered to create an issue review
    It was never possible for the gala itself to have any substance. All it's about is a bunch of cheesy outfits,much like the real-life version.

All the real action is happening in the background like was shown with Namor,Charles and Erik.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-09-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    XoS was 22 issues. This was overhyped. The marketing was the event. But still more fun than XoS.
    Depends on what you think it is fun. For me it is boring me to dead

Ooo namor and the illuminati and sinter secret #55 about there being more then two councils bet the illuminati is one.

BANNED

This may be worse than XOS. At least this time the books don't crossover, but is very dissapinting that the red issues have been whole nothings
    X-Force seemed to me most dramatic-actioned pack issue till now even though it was all about Terra Verde(or plant people). But the Deadpool cameo was pretty. Maruaders and X-Men were kinda meh.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Ooo namor and the illuminati and sinter secret #55 about there being more then two councils bet the illuminati is one.
    Namor in this issue was like "I am the king and thats it". One dimensional and no sense of continuity in their narrative on panel.

Extraordinary Member

The way they went about having the election seemed like a bad idea to me. Holding it at the last minute like that runs the risk of pulling an Oscars 2021. I'm also still scratching my head as to why Sam was running since he's supposed to be so happy with his wife and kid that he didn't want to come back to Krakoa except for the occasional visit.

Quentin pulling all those people for whatever's going to happen in Planet-Sized was also annoying. They're devoting so much time and space to teases that they're not putting anything of substance in the book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I like that Namor in his own way gave Charles and Erik the middle finger
    Did he? Or was he just being his usual sarcastic self? There's no realistic way Namor could officially be a part of Charles and Erik's plans without endangering his own position and he knows it.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-09-2021 at 11:04 AM.

The Red issues have been all about the Gala and pushing the status quo forward (establishing the new X-men team and what presumably will happen in space0. The other issues have been about used to move the plots of the individual books along and so far I think they've done a great job. Excalibur was surprisingly fun today and X-Force and Hellions were good last week. The Gala hasnt derailed anything, but rather served as a setting for these stories to take place in

Astonishing Member

In fairness; while I’ve no doubt Namor would usually pick the X-Men over other teams, the idea that he’d ever choose mutantdom over Atlantis has always been foolish

Ego aside; Mutants are Namor’s species, Atlantis are his people

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Red issues have been all about the Gala and pushing the status quo forward (establishing the new X-men team and what presumably will happen in space0. The other issues have been about used to move the plots of the individual books along and so far I think they've done a great job. Excalibur was surprisingly fun today and X-Force and Hellions were good last week. The Gala hasnt derailed anything, but rather served as a setting for these stories to take place in
    I thought they were mostly boring without any heart. It moved the plot but not in any interesting way.
    At least X-force delivered something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Namor in this issue was like "I am the king and thats it". One dimensional and no sense of continuity in their narrative on panel.
    Already epected this, so no news.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The way they went about having the election seemed like a bad idea to me. Holding it at the last minute like that runs the risk of pulling an Oscars 2021. I'm also still scratching my head as to why Sam was running since he's supposed to be so happy with his wife and kid that he didn't want to come back to Krakoa except for the occasional visit.

Quentin pulling all those people for whatever's going to happen in Planet-Sized was also annoying. They're devoting so much time and space to teases that they're not putting anything of substance in the book.
    Remember how Harry Potter name got tossed into that tournament without his knowing? Same thing most likely happend to Sam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Status quo was already on the way forward couple months ago of introducing the new x-men. There was no aspect of drama to seek a plot and it was just dawdling the new team to just show up. The only part that seemed to be appealing was the aesthetic but that too seeing how wearing gala fashion for the x-characters to be introduced as the X-Men was cringe. For so long we have been seeing the X-Men wearing superhero costumes as a team so there is that but I guess thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    It was never possible for the gala itself to have any substance. All it's about is a bunch of cheesy outfits,much like the real-life version.

All the real action is happening in the background like was shown with Namor,Charles and Erik.
    I have to admit, my jaw dropped with the reveal about the caped ambassador, since he was in a few previous issues for the gala.

I need to see my Iceman/Human Torch reunion, though.

Also, I wonder how bad Franklin felt that he couldn't join with the mindlink for the X-Men candidates.

Plus, if this is a set up for the Krakoa to face off against the Illuminati (since Charles is doing such a bang-up job with Reed and Namor, plus Tony and T'Challa have their own hesitations), then I'm all for it.