Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1543
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Remember how Harry Potter name got tossed into that tournament without his knowing? Same thing most likely happend to Sam.
    That's not how it worked. They psychically linked every mutant together and everyone who wanted to run gave their pitch mentally, with the votes also taking place on the same psychic channel. It's impossible to run without teling the entire mutant race that you want to.

As I said in the review thread, I find the entire election to be a complete waste of the chance to introduce these characters. This issue gave 0 reason to care about this team since none of them got a chance to speak. They supposedly have reasons to want to be X-Men that convinced all of Krakoa to vote for them, but we're not privy to a word of it. Synch is a largely unknown character. Show readers who never heard of him why he deserves to be an X-Man and give us a reason to care about and root for him. Do something to get us excited about seeing him in the new book. Do something to get us excited about the new team, because just having them pose together is not going to cut it.

Well I'm quite enjoying this event, and way more than XoS which started strong but then flubbed the actual tournament aspect imo. I don't mind the lack of action; the X-men have always had soap opera elements and the gala reflects that. Plus I think Planet Size will likely be the main issue anyway. And as an Emma fan, I'm so grateful for all the importance she's getting after those years of mishandling post Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Status quo was already on the way forward couple months ago of introducing the new x-men. There was no aspect of drama to seek a plot and it was just dawdling the new team to just show up. The only part that seemed to be appealing was the aesthetic but that too seeing how wearing gala fashion for the x-characters to be introduced as the X-Men was cringe. For so long we have been seeing the X-Men wearing superhero costumes as a team so there is that but I guess thats just me.
    We knew the status quo was changing but it didnt happen. It did with this issue and that will continue with Planet Size and presumably the SWORD issue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We knew the status quo was changing but it didnt happen. It did with this issue and that will continue with Planet Size and presumably the SWORD issue
    There is no reason to drag it till this issue except for marketing stunt.

There is no reason to drag it till this issue except for marketing stunt.
    Well bingo. How long have you been reading comics bc they are all about marketing stunts. Nothin new here

BANNED

Well bingo. How long have you been reading comics bc they are all about marketing stunts. Nothin new here
    Sure.If people like to tag along some election rant for godforsaken no plot or story for election when they had months in hand to just drag this.

But to wear some fashion wear and show up as some superhero team is surely a good idea for marketing stunt. Readers will loveee it.....

Sure.If people like to tag along some election rant for godforsaken no plot or story for election when they had months in hand to just drag this.

But to wear some fashion wear and show up as some superhero team is surely a good idea for marketing stunt. Readers will loveee it.....
    It was really primarily a thing on social media. There wasnt much talk about it in the books until last month and it was more name dropped, then a subplot anywhere. I dont think the comics really made it into anything bigger than it was

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Oooof. Rough week. X-Men was fine, but holy crap were the other two books approximately 500% skippable and nowhere near as fun as last week's skippable-yet-somehow-glorious book. Oh well.

Extraordinary Member

It was really primarily a thing on social media. There wasnt much talk about it in the books until last month and it was more name dropped, then a subplot anywhere. I dont think the comics really made it into anything bigger than it was
    I agree, if not for this board and the eventual social media push this gala was not anything on my radar, and honestly it is not like the hype really made it sound like the gala was some big story. They pushed Planet Size X-Men as a big issue, but that is about it.

Sometimes (okay, most times) it is best to just ignore all the hype even when they do make promises, though https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...58413226598400 because you may be left waiting for them to deliver. Taking my own advice, I am not even going into to PSX with any expectations beyond the usual double-size setup thing they sometimes do.

I dont see Excalibur being discussed yet, but man...all I can say is that I cant wait to see Pete Wisdom go full on rogue James Bond on those Coven Akkaba turdblossoms...

And, it still boggles my mind that in a world where Orchis, Xeno, and Coven Akkaba are doing the things they're doing...mutants are still being called - and treated like - 'villains' and 'monsters', both in and out of universe...

No wonder the Omegas are [allegedly] terraforming Mars. Earth hands down sucks if you're a mutant, even - perhaps ESPECIALLY - in an age of ascendency.

The response of so many voices in Humanity to Mutanity's rise amounts to, "How DARE mutants demand to be treated like they're valid life forms with hopes, dreams, and fears! As if that makes them worthy of the freedoms and rights of decent, God-fearing humans! How DARE they treat us with mistrust and wariness after decades of us trying our hardest to wipe out our own children! And how dare they gather to form a homeland that excludes the people who NEARLY succeeded in genociding the entire mutant race less than a year (in universe) ago! That's holding people responsible for the violent, racist, genocidal actions of the leaders acting on humanity's behalf, and it's nothing but cancel culture! Mutants are fascists, now, and racists, and they eat human babies for the adrenochrome that fuels their demonic powers!'

616 humanity, by and large, have devolved into a bunch of QANON nuts with sci-fi weaponry and human sacrifice-fueled witchcraft, and as such, deserve every awful thing that happens to them...

BANNED

They were marketing hellfire gala and the new team for more than couple of months since Feb. Social Media was a way to heighten up the hype to this new team as some marketing stunt for this book.

With all the hype the have dragged to only gives negative vibes about this.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I dont see Excalibur being discussed yet, but man...all I can say is that I cant wait to see Pete Wisdom go full on rogue James Bond on those Coven Akkaba turdblossoms...

And, it still boggles my mind that in a world where Orchis, Xeno, and Coven Akkaba are doing the things they're doing...mutants are still being called - and treated like - 'villains' and 'monsters', both in and out of universe...

No wonder the Omegas are [allegedly] terraforming Mars. Earth hands down sucks if you're a mutant, even - perhaps ESPECIALLY - in an age of ascendency.

The response of so many voices in Humanity to Mutanity's rise amounts to, "How DARE mutants demand to be treated like they're valid life forms with hopes, dreams, and fears! As if that makes them worthy of the freedoms and rights of decent, God-fearing humans! How DARE they treat us with mistrust and wariness after decades of us trying our hardest to wipe out our own children! And how dare they gather to form a homeland that excludes the people who NEARLY succeeded in genociding the entire mutant race less than a year (in universe) ago! That's holding people responsible for the violent, racist, genocidal actions of the leaders acting on humanity's behalf, and it's nothing but cancel culture! Mutants are fascists, now, and racists, and they eat human babies for the adrenochrome that fuels their demonic powers!'

616 humanity, by and large, have devolved into a bunch of QANON nuts with sci-fi weaponry and human sacrifice-fueled witchcraft, and as such, deserve every awful thing that happens to them...
    All I got from Excalibur was that Rictor needs therapy and that everyone was rude to Shatterstar for absolutely no reason.

They were marketing hellfire gala and the new team for more than couple of months since Feb. Social Media was a way to heighten up the hype to this new team as some marketing stunt for this book.

With all the hype the have dragged to only gives negative vibes about this.
    It wasnt for this book. Its for Duggan's new series which will debut next month and will dig deeper into this team. This was just a reveal, which was more of a non-reveal since we already had that revealed in advance of promoting Duggan's title

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I liked the issue but it felt like something was missing I guess the main event will happen on the Planet Size issue as it should be given Hickman, Duggan and Ewing worked on it together.

I think we will see more of the election and the move with the omegas in the planet Size issue so I will wait and see on that front.

What I liked about this issue was how Scottīs sees Krakoa as the opportunity to fulfill not just one dream but a lot of dreams and it has that potential in fact, itīs a nice way to reflect the main X-men perspective on Krakoa and why itīs important to them, itīs not just a new home for them itīs a new beggining and an oportunity to do what they never were able to do before and I suspect this is totally related to what happens with the Omegas on planet size, my guess is they are going to terraform a planet, maybe mars, make it full of resources and then open it to the market on earth showing their peopleīs capacity to develop new energies, present earth with possible solutions to the lack of resources and at the same time a show of powers for the elites on earth but this is a theory, maybe Planet Size is about something else.

Loved the exchange between Namor, Erik and Charles, it looks like Hickman is keeping the narrative of the Iluminati being bassically kings, representing different areas of earth while the QC of Krakoa being more like a coalition goverment so a born and raised aristocrat like Namor looks down on them but also knows their potential so heīs taking the precaution of keeping his alliance with the iluminati.

I liked Erik and Charles response to Namorīs words, because heīs not wrong in that they are not exactly building a kingdom or an Empire or at least they are not just trying to do that, they were looking to find ways to deflect the future/to change DESTINY and in the journey they are dealing with a coalition of mutant forces thatīs still fragile but big enough to be a power unto itself on earth and in space. So they donīt even need to announce they want to conquer earth to be seen like a possible danger to the status quo on earth. I guess we will see more on Planet Size, canīt wait

I was expecting Hickman to bring back the iluminati but we will see more groups around: I see the Quiet Council, Orchis council, The Iluminati and he could even bring Thanos group maybe as part of the third phase so Sinister secretīs are on point and very good to tease future stories, I guess the first secret will be about Magneto not being able to let go and hence his trial but itīs still unclear how and why it will happen.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    All I got from Excalibur was that Rictor needs therapy and that everyone was rude to Shatterstar for absolutely no reason.
    picture this: you are having a depressive episode. your boyfriend disappears for months without a word. he shows up to a party covered in blood and tries to make out and dance without explaining anything while you are already having a bad day.