Page 93 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1543
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    As I said in the review thread, I find the entire election to be a complete waste of the chance to introduce these characters. This issue gave 0 reason to care about this team since none of them got a chance to speak. They supposedly have reasons to want to be X-Men that convinced all of Krakoa to vote for them, but we're not privy to a word of it.
    I agree, but I would assume Duggan will reveal those speeches in either Planet-Sized or his first X-Men issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Today's issues really dragged for me. I know not to expect much from Excalibur, but X-Men bored me to tears after the Namor scene. The election being held at the gala was pointless since we have known the lineup for so long. I guess it's neat that we now how it was held, but that really wasn't necessary. It all felt like a big drop in quality from last week even if Hellions was a tough act to follow.
    5 (or 6) issues in, Hellfire Gala has been a disappointing, boring "event" for sure. (I did like the Hellions issue but only because I'm reading Hellions). I certainly won't be buying the trade.

It doesn't sit right with me that every week of this event so far outsiders have made it a point to disrespect Charles and Eric in their home. The rudeness has been off the charts, I truly hope mutants get last laugh and their promise land.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    It doesn't sit right with me that every week of this event so far outsiders have made it a point to disrespect Charles and Eric in their home. The rudeness has been off the charts, I truly hope mutants get last laugh and their promise land.
    Namor has always favored being top dog than sharing power. Asking someone like him to share power instead of having all of it is an insult to him. Doom, The Coven dude(don’t really care for him), and whatever Reed said where being disrespectful. Namor doesn’t share though will unite if he gains to benefit.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I dont see Excalibur being discussed yet, but man...all I can say is that I cant wait to see Pete Wisdom go full on rogue James Bond on those Coven Akkaba turdblossoms...

And, it still boggles my mind that in a world where Orchis, Xeno, and Coven Akkaba are doing the things they're doing...mutants are still being called - and treated like - 'villains' and 'monsters', both in and out of universe...

No wonder the Omegas are [allegedly] terraforming Mars. Earth hands down sucks if you're a mutant, even - perhaps ESPECIALLY - in an age of ascendency.

The response of so many voices in Humanity to Mutanity's rise amounts to, "How DARE mutants demand to be treated like they're valid life forms with hopes, dreams, and fears! As if that makes them worthy of the freedoms and rights of decent, God-fearing humans! How DARE they treat us with mistrust and wariness after decades of us trying our hardest to wipe out our own children! And how dare they gather to form a homeland that excludes the people who NEARLY succeeded in genociding the entire mutant race less than a year (in universe) ago! That's holding people responsible for the violent, racist, genocidal actions of the leaders acting on humanity's behalf, and it's nothing but cancel culture! Mutants are fascists, now, and racists, and they eat human babies for the adrenochrome that fuels their demonic powers!'

616 humanity, by and large, have devolved into a bunch of QANON nuts with sci-fi weaponry and human sacrifice-fueled witchcraft, and as such, deserve every awful thing that happens to them...
    Well said. But I don’t blame all of the Marvel Universe humanity. We’re just being shown the bad eggs. Or at least, the ones that will be in opposition to Krakoa.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

For a big event that was about Mutants ascending, Mutants haven't gotten respect from anyone. Emma's been disrespected multiple times. The UK stuff. Quentin/Tony. It's definitely been a downer and sending a message that humans are still looking down on uppity Mutants. Planet-Sized will hopefully shift the dynamic and given them the last laugh, as you say.

Astonishing Member

It seems quite intentional. Make everyone talk down on them and then they pull the overly signaled powermove so they look like the big guys at the end again.

One can get the impression there is an instruction that every current X-men writer got nailed to their screens: "Make sure to make the mutants look really, really strong".
    Which makes me wonder how long they can keep this up until it snaps or backfires greatly either by design or because what feels like blatant overcompensation for the down sprial of the past 15 years gets too far and they oversteer into the opposite direction again.

It will be interesting to look back in 5 to 10 years and re-examine this whole thing. Because the cyclic nature of these comics give me the bad feeling, it will all turn out a bit silly because the great stuff they do will likely either have been forgotten allready or has turned to dust again, making all the talk down scenes against Charles and Erik more prophetic than the "who's laughing now" moment that will likely come in Planet Sized X-men.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-09-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

If it was a whose laughing now moment, shouldn’t Cap and Strange’s reactions have been reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    For a big event that was about Mutants ascending, Mutants haven't gotten respect from anyone. Emma's been disrespected multiple times. The UK stuff. Quentin/Tony. It's definitely been a downer and sending a message that humans are still looking down on uppity Mutants. Planet-Sized will hopefully shift the dynamic and given them the last laugh, as you say.
    Huans aren't looking down on mutants, they simply aren't bowing to mutants overlords

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I agree, but I would assume Duggan will reveal those speeches in either Planet-Sized or his first X-Men issue.

5 (or 6) issues in, Hellfire Gala has been a disappointing, boring "event" for sure. (I did like the Hellions issue but only because I'm reading Hellions). I certainly won't be buying the trade.
    What you said about Hellions is the point, tho, IMO. This has always been advertised as issues of the regular series taking place on the same night. You should like the ones that fit into the series you’re reading. As far as we know this isn’t even being collected in an event trade, they’re being collected in their normal series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    What you said about Hellions is the point, tho, IMO. This has always been advertised as issues of the regular series taking place on the same night. You should like the ones that fit into the series you’re reading. As far as we know this isn’t even being collected in an event trade, they’re being collected in their normal series.
    Well, we do know
    https://www.amazon.ca/X-Men-Hellfire...s%2C169&sr=1-1

https://www.amazon.ca/X-Men-Hellfire...s%2C169&sr=1-3

From my experience, Hellions was a fine one-off that gang gets in trouble one night on the town kind of story. X-Men was mailing it in filler but some alright set up, and Marauders was not worth it as a standalone since everything of interest happens in other books.

Children of the Atom was the best X-book I read this month so far, I think back in the day it would have warranted one of those little crossover banners on the corner of the cover.

this event is awful.......... the last books have been atrocious

wake me up when its September

This event makes me realize that the X-books seem to feature very few of their queer female characters in any relationship at the moment.

Loving this event so far, hoping the X-Corp issue features lots of business talk involving Tony Stark (Iron Man), Black Panther (Wakanda), Doctor Doom (Latveria) etc.
    The highlighted issues have made total sense so far e.g. Marauders #21 (opening Hellfire Gala issue) and X-Men #21 (reveal of new X-Men team).
    Of all the Hellfire Gala issues so far the only one that I wasn't thrilled with was Excalibur #21.
    I believe Planet-size X-Men will be a major issue.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 06-10-2021 at 01:29 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

The outrage at Sersi and Feige’s cameos amuse me to no end

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The outrage at Sersi and Feige’s cameos amuse me to no end
    Right! I like how Sersi provided a unique perspective on the mutant nation and the Feige cameo was a nice tease that the mutants aren’t too far from the MCU.