Page 95 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1543

I don't know, just because someone didn't show up doesn't mean they weren't invited. I can't think of any reason why Peter wouldn't have personally, as I haven't seen him say anything negative about Krakoa as far as I know and the X-Men are still on good terms with him too. I'd just to chalk it up to "he's busy".

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Be hard for anything Hellfire Gala related to top New Mutants for the sheer awfulness of their outfits, except for what IceJerk is wearing (or not)
    It's just one month of books but a lifetime of complaining for you!

(Also he's a jerk now just for wearing a weird outfit?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wait a god damn second, the Fenris Twins got an invite but Spider-Man, former teacher at the school and longstanding ally of the X-Men didn't make the cut?
    The Twins are notionally members of the Black Court

Slightly more importantly, the only guy with a secret ID at the Gala is Ghost Rider, and since the Avengers have been unusually “all for one, one for all” lately, not inviting him would be a snub

Also, the guys drawing up the invites are not the ones Spidey has history with/is owed favors by

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The Twins are notionally members of the Black Court

Slightly more importantly, the only guy with a secret ID at the Gala is Ghost Rider, and since the Avengers have been unusually “all for one, one for all” lately, not inviting him would be a snub

Also, the guys drawing up the invites are not the ones Spidey has history with/is owed favors by
    Plus with Parker's luck, his invitation got lost in transit and will turn up after the party is over.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Jordan D. White said on X-men Monday on AiPT that Spidey wasn't invited because it did not make sense for him to be there.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Jordan D. White said on X-men Monday on AiPT that Spidey wasn't invited because it did not make sense for him to be there.
    I tend to agree with the logic. Inviting your friends to a party isn't the point of the Gala.

Wait a god damn second, the Fenris Twins got an invite but Spider-Man, former teacher at the school and longstanding ally of the X-Men didn't make the cut?
    Fenris twins are part of the hellfire club

Astonishing Member

To be honest more surprised that between Cyclops and Goldballs Miles didn’t score an invite

100% correct, I said this a few weeks ago when people were speculating if Spider-Man would appear.
    Unless Peter Parker was their as an photographer then no, Spider-Man is only an urban super hero and offers nothing to the X-Men in what they are trying to achieve.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I tend to agree with the logic. Inviting your friends to a party isn't the point of the Gala.
    I mean even Jameson is there. And it's not like the X-Men personally need to impress Patton Oswalt or Seth Meyers or Run The Jewels

Eh, I disagree. Sure, he's basically a free-lance hero, but he's still a recognizable hero who has some influence in NYC. If they are going to invite the Avengers and the FF, I don't see why he would not be.

I mean even Jameson is there. And it's not like the X-Men personally need to impress Patton Oswalt or Seth Meyers or Run The Jewels
    Having celebrities there draws attention, which is a large part of what they are after.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Seriously if X-Corp is the business/financial representative of Krakoa and X-Corp #2 doesn't feature Tony Stark, T'Challa (Wakanda), Victor Von Doom (Latveria) etc then what is the purpose of this book ?. I look forward to these business interactions in the upcoming issue.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Having celebrities there draws attention, which is a large part of what they are after.
    If only there was a famous superhero from the city the new X-Men were about to drop a giant tree in the middle of the street of...

But I digress

Quentin laid their asses out and it's divine, see the X-Corp #2 preview.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!