Page 98 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1543

Also funny that TPTB forgot about MJ when Zendaya is possibly the biggest headturner at the recent Met Galas.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Also funny that TPTB forgot about MJ when Zendaya is possibly the biggest headturner at the recent Met Galas.
    She is one of the up and coming legendary children, but she is not Rihanna.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Those pop-celebrities were just fun add-ins, for some publicity and " gala numbers"...they really mean nothing to the story HiX-Man is directing.
    Namor, the Illuminati, the F4, (all characters he's written) have been part of or will be part of his big plans...Peter Parker isn't. Nor is Mary Jane. Or the Inhumans. They're just not relevant.
    And Fenris are the Black Bishops they are Krakoans...no invitation needed.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-13-2021 at 01:41 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Those pop-celebrities were just fun add-ins, for some publicity and " gala numbers"...
    How are Conan O'Brien, Scott Adsit and Patton Oswalt helpful for those instead of say, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj and BTS? Maybe I shouldn't be offended for MJ then coz apparently she was out of Emma and Marvel's budget looking at some of these "celebs" who did turn up and who retweeted and reshared the (overtly white and male) "VIP" guest list on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think though that's partly why they were invited, in hopes of mending bridges and showing the most skeptical what Krakoa is about. As Emma said in her opening speech:
    "Let tonight be about building a bridge into a future together rather than about our previous differences and rows."
    So what did the X-Men say or do to piss off NPR and women's soccer?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    She is one of the up and coming legendary children, but she is not Rihanna.
    Which issue did Rihanna cameo?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Emma is a rich, capitalist white woman…

Nazi’s are not too offbrand for her.

But she draws the line at people from queens.

How are Conan O'Brien, Scott Adsit and Patton Oswalt helpful for those instead of say, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj and BTS? Maybe I shouldn't be offended for MJ then coz apparently she was out of Emma and Marvel's budget looking at some of these "celebs" who did turn up and who retweeted and reshared the (overtly white and male) "VIP" guest list on social media.
    I see it the other way around. These "celebs" are featured for their own publicity, not Krakoa's. Just like in real life with celeb appearances. Agents and managers request invitations for their clients. Emma couldn't care less.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Well...non-racist or misogynistically speaking...they're probably not that helpful, which was not really the point of them being there.
    Why is there such interest in the most banal, unimportant aspect of the gala...like the celeb guest list and those not invited?

Yeah...other than some good PR...Emma doesn't care.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-13-2021 at 03:23 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Yup. Sometimes an event benefits from its celebrity guests, and sometimes it's the celebrity guests who benefit from being seen at the event.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It might be that it was easier to use certain likenesses over others.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

Those pop-celebrities were just fun add-ins, for some publicity and " gala numbers"...they really mean nothing to the story HiX-Man is directing.
    Namor, the Illuminati, the F4, (all characters he's written) have been part of or will be part of his big plans...Peter Parker isn't. Nor is Mary Jane. Or the Inhumans. They're just not relevant.
    And Fenris are the Black Bishops they are Krakoans...no invitation needed.
    hickman has written peter in the previous 3 runs and blackbolts always a member of the illuminati.

I don't care about Peter Parker...

So...was it actual fireworks, Emma showed to the guests there at the end? Because when Psylocke relayed the mental imagery to the Hellions they didn't "see" any fireworks.

I don't care about Peter Parker...

So...was it actual fireworks, Emma showed to the guests there at the end? Because when Psylocke relayed the mental imagery to the Hellions they didn't "see" any fireworks.
    I think the ‘fireworks’ is just live streaming the Mars terraforming - maybe from Jean’s eyes

Peter Parker couldn't get acces through the gateway, he is still there waiting hahaha
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant_Lover View Post
    I think the ‘fireworks’ is just live streaming the Mars terraforming - maybe from Jean’s eyes
    That's what I'm thinking as well. It's the vision that has everyone reeling as they leave the gala.