Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1543
  1. #1471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    .
    And Fenris are the Black Bishops they are Krakoans...no invitation needed.
    Except that's not true: most of the Hellions are specifically told not to come because they aren't invited. The mutants need to be invited to get in, and Quentin specifically mentions Fenris was invited.


  2. #1472
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Umm...

    Also, I don't think people are hating on Emma here but at TPTB for including Nazis and not very relevant real-life celebrities at the party and then saying Peter Parker had no reason to be at a socio-political fashion gala despite him being the partner of one of the MU's biggest supermodels who is also starring in an upcoming blockbuster, meaning all eyes will be on her in the immediate future as she will be promoting the film with interviews.

    I actually am more offended for Mary Jane than Peter here TBH. It's the Dazzler fiasco all over again. You have a popular female character who has tons of potential to be used in fascinating ways but Marvel still being the subconscious boys' club that they are (despite some recent attempts), don't know what to do with her as she's not exactly the "powerful" female character whose utility is more apparent to them. Obviously it's not as insulting to the character as One More Day but still... the fact that one of the company's senior editors can confidently say he doesn't see a reason for their flagship character to attend the Hellfire Gala despite said character's love interest being an iconic supermodel for almost 40 years now shows how little consideration they give her.
    All this.Also Spider-man was one of the most influential streamer on the web for a bit.Besides he is the most popular marvel character.

  3. #1473
    Incredible Member GeneTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Philly.
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Maybe it exists and I just don't know, but why hasn't Marvel ever produced an actual Dazzler song? I'm sure they could find a production team and a vocalist to produce a Dazzler single. This would be some cool promo. I always read the lyrics when Dazzler is singing, but I want to hear the song. The flip side is, maybe the thought of what it might sound like is better than actually knowing and being disappointed.
    Mutant and Proud!

  4. #1474
    "Emma is STILL right! Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Maybe it exists and I just don't know, but why hasn't Marvel ever produced an actual Dazzler song? I'm sure they could find a production team and a vocalist to produce a Dazzler single. This would be some cool promo. I always read the lyrics when Dazzler is singing, but I want to hear the song. The flip side is, maybe the thought of what it might sound like is better than actually knowing and being disappointed.
    Well, the character was originally conceived by a record label that wanted to release an album, comic and movie all at the same time. I have no idea why the album fell through, perhaps it was because disco's popularity was waning at the time? Would have been cool to see.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

  5. #1475
    BANNED Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Except that's not true: most of the Hellions are specifically told not to come because they aren't invited. The mutants need to be invited to get in, and Quentin specifically mentions Fenris was invited.

    hellions aren't part of hellfire. The fenris are part of the hellfire

  6. #1476
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It might be that it was easier to use certain likenesses over others.
    This is basically correct. Marvel reached out to a number of celebrities to ask if they'd be interested in participating and allowing them to use their likeness. The cameos we see are people who agreed to it. So its not necessarily that Marvel wasn't interested in having more celebrities of colour at the Gala--its a matter of who accepted the invite and gave Marvel permission.

  7. #1477
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    430

    Default

    lotta has-beens and D-listers that I'm surprised Emma allowed to attend.

  8. #1478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    This is basically correct. Marvel reached out to a number of celebrities to ask if they'd be interested in participating and allowing them to use their likeness. The cameos we see are people who agreed to it. So its not necessarily that Marvel wasn't interested in having more celebrities of colour at the Gala--its a matter of who accepted the invite and gave Marvel permission.
    It’s too bad Marvel couldn’t get permission to insert Rihanna in the Gala. Just imagine the jaw dropping fashion she would bring to this event!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

  9. #1479

    Default

    So how long do you think it'll be till the reveal leaks?

  10. #1480
    Incredible Member PhoenixThanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    847

    Default

    I was very underwhelmed by this week's Hellfire Gala issues, Planet Sized X-Men was the best title and showed amazing feats of power by the many mutants showcased.
    As for the X-Corp and New Mutants issues I felt that they were very, very ordinary and I certainly won't be picking them up.
    I enjoy anything Marvel cosmic, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

    (Marvel/DC fan for 42+ years)

  11. #1481
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,935

    Default

    We now know why the HF Guests were so...disconcerted as they left the Gala. Ha!

    PS:XM was a perfect issue for me. I'm still basking in its glow of beauty and brilliance.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  12. #1482
    Mighty Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    I kind of loved this week. No one was surprised by PS but that's the nature of advanced solicitations and mass speculation. Still the art alone really elevated the book for me and I have no complaints about the writing.

    NM was legitimately haunting with enough doses of fun to keep it balanced. The books ongoing plots progressed nicely as well.

    X-Corp... well the first issue legitimately gave me a headache, so this is a step in the right direction!

  13. #1483
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    4,169

    Default

    Gosh Mr. Sinister is so annoying.
    Dear snobs, don't try to figure out my avatar.

    The(old) Hank McCoy thread. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

  14. #1484
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I kind of loved this week. No one was surprised by PS but that's the nature of advanced solicitations and mass speculation. Still the art alone really elevated the book for me and I have no complaints about the writing.

    NM was legitimately haunting with enough doses of fun to keep it balanced. The books ongoing plots progressed nicely as well.

    X-Corp... well the first issue legitimately gave me a headache, so this is a step in the right direction!
    I was a delightfully surprised with PS, actually. Not with the premise of terraforming Mars (we all guessed that since the first cover tease) but the reason(s) for it and how it was accomplished...that was beauty-fully done.
    NM was much better than I expected, despite the wasted panels featuring the shit-bag artist. I'm still completely invested in where Vita is going with this.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  15. #1485

    Default

    More than a tiny bit annoyed the human/mutant unity idea is more prevalent in an issue of Guardians where Rich and Magneto beat the shit out of each other than in most issues of the actual Gala

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •