Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Fanart for Newton has begun
    It's too bad the way they've set up how Pym Particles work that she'll have to wear a big metal mask across her face the whole time, but I guess it helps with stunts.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Fanart for Newton has begun
    Oh my god that's amazing! That collar look is actually kinda cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's too bad the way they've set up how Pym Particles work that she'll have to wear a big metal mask across her face the whole time, but I guess it helps with stunts.
    Maybe they'll come up with some mental gymnastics to keep her original look. "Pym Particles: I ain't gotta explain ****" If Ms. Marvel is going to be wearing a domino masks surely Cassie can too.

In the comics, the mask did nothing to keep her secret identity safe - her mother recognised her anyway.

That fanart costume looks too cheap for the MCU.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not necessarily. There was concept art for one of the Ant-Man movies (I don't remember if it was the first or second) in which we could see Cassie shrinking alongside her father, and she had NO special suit or helmet on. I've always thought that the choice to portray her like that in the concept art was a sign they thought of the possibility of revealing Cassie as a mutate in the MCU, and that exposure to the particles gave her the ability to shrink and grow at her own will, much like the comics. Not sure how they would explain that she didn't go cray cray like Darren Cross, but I'm sure they can come up with something.

I'm more worried that her suit is gonna look too much like the Ant-Man one. I found the Wasp design to be quite bland and pretty much a female version of the Ant-Man one. I hope Cassie can get something more distinguishable, ''girly'', and with more vivid colors.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not necessarily. There was concept art for one of the Ant-Man movies (I don't remember if it was the first or second) in which we could see Cassie shrinking alongside her father, and she had NO special suit or helmet on. I've always thought that the choice to portray her like that in the concept art was a sign they thought of the possibility of revealing Cassie as a mutate in the MCU, and that exposure to the particles gave her the ability to shrink and grow at her own will, much like the comics. Not sure how they would explain that she didn't go cray cray like Darren Cross, but I'm sure they can come up with something.

I'm more worried that her suit is gonna look too much like the Ant-Man one. I found the Wasp design to be quite bland and pretty much a female version of the Ant-Man one. I hope Cassie can get something more distinguishable, ''girly'', and with more vivid colors.
    That is pretty much what happens in the comics to anyone who uses Pym particles on a long term basis...their body become permeated with them and they can change size at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In the comics, the mask did nothing to keep her secret identity safe - her mother recognised her anyway.
    I think your parent is a special case.

Found another Newton/Stature mashup on Insta via @theamazing_saintart

theamazing_saintart_13106324810775244760264346322944212540192757n.jpg

Also this cool casual Cassie fanart by @emilio.s.a

emilio.s.a_14336857211489016655679907365204422185685300n.jpg