Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You Grow Girl! The Stature Appreciation 2021

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 14.21.21.jpg

The Stature appreciation thread returns by yours truly! Everything about Cassie can be discussed here and you're also welcome to post fanart and other related articles about one of the best size changers in the Marvel Universe. Here's hoping (again) that we get a return of the Young Avengers in comics this year!

First Appearance: Young Avengers #6

Video Game Appearances: Marvel Strike Force, Marvel Battle Lines, Lego Marvel's Avengers, Marvel: War of Heroes

Abilities: Stature can grow to gigantic heights, of at least 30 feet, with the commensurate acquisition of body mass. This increases her strength and durability. She can also shrink to an undetermined size. Her emotions also can subconsciously alter her size.

Group Affiliations: Young Avengers, The Mighty Avengers

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Cassie Lang has established herself in the MCU via the Ant-Man movies and now most recently with Avengers: Endgame. It's pretty much confirmed that Cassie will take on the Stature mantle as she fights alongside Ant-Man and the Wasp to stop Kang the Conqueror in the upcoming Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Cassie will be played by Kathryn Newton.

Last edited by Stature; 01-11-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Happy New Year to Cassie .

Cassie has always been my favorite among the Young Avengers
    Hope she has some interesting appearances this year

Rare fanart of Cassie and Tommy by Artsy Alice! (with a cute Steven Universe reference)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Cassie .
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Cassie has always been my favorite among the Young Avengers
    Hope she has some interesting appearances this year
    Here's hoping! Keeping a close eye on the solicitations.

Extraordinary Member

Cassie really needs regular use. Time to beat that same, old, dead horse again....There needs to be an Ant-Man ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Cassie really needs regular use. Time to beat that same, old, dead horse again....There needs to be an Ant-Man ongoing series.
    Or bring back the Young Avengers.

Extraordinary Member

Or bring back the Young Avengers.
    Get both....

I am a huge Scott Lang fan...and think he has gotten done dirty in the last few series he has had. I want a serious Ant Man series and as his daughter Cassie needs to be at least recurring...

As far as YA...I want Cassie, Kate and Eli to assemble a new team with new Avengers analog characters...definitely Thunderstrike in the team book...but also as a recurring character in the Ant Man book as Cassie's love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Get both....

I am a huge Scott Lang fan...and think he has gotten done dirty in the last few series he has had. I want a serious Ant Man series and as his daughter Cassie needs to be at least recurring...

As far as YA...I want Cassie, Kate and Eli to assemble a new team with new Avengers analog characters...definitely Thunderstrike in the team book...but also as a recurring character in the Ant Man book as Cassie's love interest.
    I do think they've treated Scott too much as a joke/comedy relief. I guess part of that is movie synergy, but there's more to him than that.

Extraordinary Member

I do think they've treated Scott too much as a joke/comedy relief. I guess part of that is movie synergy, but there's more to him than that.
    In the movies he cracked jokes but was capable and (at least at the end or them) respected. In the comics he is a punching bag.

Entertainment Tonight did an interview with Kathryn Newton and she talked a little bit about her new role in the MCU.

"But in the middle of quarantine, we were supposed to go film [season 2], and the show got canceled," she continues. Netflix undid their renewal and decided not to move forward amid the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic. "It got canceled! My future was shot. I had no idea what I was going to do. And then a week later, I got a call from Marvel," she adds.
    The call was for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. During December's Disney Investor Day, Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige announced that Newton would star as Cassie Lang (played as a child in the first two Ant-Man movies by Abby Ryder Fortson and post-Blip in Avengers: Endgame by Emma Fuhrmann).
    "I've always wanted to be in a Marvel movie, my whole life. But it was just because I was a huge fan. Every time one of them came out, I would go with my dad. It was what we did together, and we loved them," Newton says. "It was our experience, just me and my dad going to the movies. But I couldn't have told you who I wanted to be. Or even if I ever would."
    In the MCU, Cassie is the daughter of Paul Rudd's Scott Lang (aka Ant-Man) and his ex, Maggie (Judy Greer). (With the benefit of hindsight, Newton was born to play the onscreen daughter of Paul Rudd and Judy Greer.) In the comics, Cassie becomes a hero in her own right, known as Stature, who is able to shrink and grow like her dad and eventually joins up with the Young Avengers.
    You can read the rest of the interview here: etonline com/kathryn-newton-map-of-tiny-perfect-things-ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-160104

It's great to hear that she's always been a huge Marvel fan. So excited to finally see Cassie in superhero action!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    Entertainment Tonight did an interview with Kathryn Newton and she talked a little bit about her new role in the MCU.

You can read the rest of the interview here: etonline com/kathryn-newton-map-of-tiny-perfect-things-ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-160104

It's great to hear that she's always been a huge Marvel fan. So excited to finally see Cassie in superhero action!
    So they reached out to her for the role. I guess that may confirm my theory that they always wanted her as Cassie, and the Endgame casting was probably meant to be temporary.

Would make sense since Endgame was filming at the same time as Detective Pikachu and it was a small enough part.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So they reached out to her for the role. I guess that may confirm my theory that they always wanted her as Cassie, and the Endgame casting was probably meant to be temporary.
    What sucks is that Emma Fuhrmann didn't know that. Apparently, she found out Cassie was being recast only when Kathryn Newton's casting was announced.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What sucks is that Emma Fuhrmann didn't know that. Apparently, she found out Cassie was being recast only when Kathryn Newton's casting was announced.
    Such is hollywood, unfortunately .

Fanart for Newton has begun