Fantastic Member

Default Harshest WW Reviews - Can You Find Anything Harsher?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeieblTIw7A

The sad part is I really wanted to disagree with him but I find him accurate. Others will vehemently disagree, of course, and that's fine. The commentary is rude, but almost funny to me. I did like the beginning of the movie (at least the amazons there knew how really use a lasso), but the the rest fizzled.

However, PJ needs a bit of wake up call that this WW did not fully work as with the first one. To ignore the critics and fans that did not like this movie or thought it was a mediocre at best, will be foolhardy for the future of the film.

Can they not hire anyone from DC animation to choreograph the fight sequences because DC animation WW kicks any Marvel animation or live action movie fight scenes?

TT
    Last edited by Titan Theo; 01-11-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Critical Drinker is a great reviewer.

I had two issues with the beginning. That first opening shot of the Amazon swinging was such bad CGI.
    And personally, I'd have gone with Teenage Wonder Woman over kid Wonder Woman for the race.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post

I had two issues with the beginning. That first opening shot of the Amazon swinging was such bad CGI.
    And personally, I'd have gone with Teenage Wonder Woman over kid Wonder Woman for the race.
    I thought the CGI was terrible overall, especially the over exaggerated use and amateurish lasso handling. Yes, I would have preferred to see a teenage Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post

What does nostalgia have to do with this film? The only part that was troublesome in that sense was the post credits, which I didn't fidlnd awful, but wasn't my cup of tea. I really liked the film and I've never watched an episode of the 70s show. I think it was a really inspired story and the characterization of Diana was the best we've had until now, not just in movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What does nostalgia have to do with this film? The only part that was troublesome in that sense was the post credits, which I didn't fidlnd awful, but wasn't my cup of tea. I really liked the film and I've never watched an episode of the 70s show. I think it was a really inspired story and the characterization of Diana was the best we've had until now, not just in movies.
    That is simply my tag line.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Hahaha, ok. Nevermind

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeieblTIw7A

The sad part is I really wanted to disagree with him but I find him accurate. Others will vehemently disagree, of course, and that's fine. The commentary is rude, but almost funny to me. I did like the beginning of the movie (at least the amazons there knew how really use a lasso), but the the rest fizzled.
    I don't "vehemently" disagree, but I do think the review is full of hyperbole. Also, I wouldn't characterize it as "rude" as much as I'd characterize it as "mean-spirited." But that's the way to get the clicks, I guess.