Default The Last Ronin (TMNT) by Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird

Discuss the 5-part miniseries The Last Ronin by Kevin Eastman here.

Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird return to the TMNT franchise in spectacular (so far) fashion with their 5-part miniseries The Last Ronin. Bringing us into the near future, only one of the four ninja turtles remains, the titular Last Ronin, and a burning vengeance drives him onwards in his mission to avenge his fallen brothers.

I must say, I was not expecting the first issue to be as good as it was. To me, it's clear Eastman and Laird, paired with the solid script from Tom Waltz, has put a lot of heart and thought into this story, so I'm hoping that this level quality continues into the next 4 issues. Not to be taken for granted, the artwork has been exceptional, especially considering there is a team of three (Esau and Isaac Escorza & Ben Bishop) working on the pencils and inks. The coloring from Delgado has pleasantly complemented the artwork, further defining the gritty pencils while inserting some of its own somber tones into the panels. It's really been a solid start for this miniseries, and one of the few that's gotten me this excited for more in several years. Really looking forward to seeing how this miniseries plays out.

Please, discuss your thoughts on the series here.

(Note: I kept this separate from the TMNT General Thread, as this thread is meant to mostly be a discussion for The Last Ronin series itself.)
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 01-11-2021 at 06:17 PM.

I plan to wait for the trade, but it's really nice to hear that this mini is starting off so well!
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.