Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Wolverine has his own book, why not the other x-men?

It would give other character develope. The true is there's so many characters the writers are not using either by preference or their not giving the chance too. Example: the upcoming book children of the atom why create new characters when Marvel have planty younger characters they can use? or giving a monthly series to character (young cable) that most readers don't like. This is one my biggest problem when it come to the writers about the x-men characters .

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Simple answer: not as popular

Not so simple answer: multiple characters had short runs and minis dedicated to them throughout the ages; but again not as popular.

Money talks

Wolverine is the most popular and it is the only long term successful solo comic from X-men

Cable has a a solo and had some solos since he was created(some were cnceled by low sales). It's really a stnge decision give kid Cable a solo

The reasons there isnt more is that solos doesn't sell well for x-men characters
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-11-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Yep. It's all about financial sustainability. Many characters have had solo runs, especially in the 90s and especially as miniseries.

Gambit, X-23, Rogue, Cable, Storm, Bishop, Sabretooth, and Magneto have all had solos. More recently Shatterstar and Multiple Man had miniseries.

If digital only were available at a lower price point I think it might be doable because they're very niche. Everyone supports the main titles to get more bang for their buck. And some characters work better on a team book anyway.

Unpopular opinion but the solo series format IMO doesnt really fit the narrative of the current Krakoa era

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Unpopular opinion but the solo series format IMO doesnt really fit the narrative of the current Krakoa era
    I can see that.
    Unless the solo series is divorced from the larger MCU.

I really don't see it. Marvel even put 2 solos on x-men books

Extraordinary Member

True.

If not for Krakoa, I can see Gambit having a solo again. He’s a solo character where you can do “gentleman thief” and heist stories like Arsenal Lupin or Ocean’s 11.

Only Black Cat or Catwoman at DC can really do that type of solo story too. But technically they’re “cat burglar” type stories.

Nothing Marvel can do would made me happier than a Cyclops solo with a great creative team, but it won't happen.

I honestly believe that any X-Men other than Wolverine have the same chances of suscess, but first they need someone to want to make a solo story about them, and some characters are considered by Marvel and the writers as team characters, unfortunately, Cyclops is one of those. Unless some big name writer really wants it, most x-characters will only ever be on teams.

Ultimate Member

I feel like at least *half* of the X-Men have a slow-burn story that's been on the back burner or coming out in dribs and drabs or just plain being neglected that a good solo could resolve. Nightcrawler's got his whole soulless situation. Who even can keep up with where Angel's head is at. Banshee was a zombie, and now he's not? Storm's got all sorts of unresolved Wakandan stuff. It seems like any of them could benefit from, at the least, a 4 issue miniseries, if not a longer arc, with more focus than any of them can get in a team book.

But there has to be a team willing to pitch it. Iceman and Domino got books because writers were there for it. If no writer is there for Bishop or Dazzler, then whatever is going on in their lives will continue to get kicked down the road...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The fan-bases are so fragmented there just aren't enough readers to support individual solo books...at least not for any longer than a limited series. And quite frankly, no other X-character is as popular as Wolverine.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I agree. Give Cyclops a solo book.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Wolverine consistently sells.

Cyclops would be good to see if he could get a solo ongoing like Wolverine, so his fans stop asking for a solo
    even if Scott has been protagonist on X-men for dcecades

If Marvel doesn't give a lot of solos for x-men is because they keep failing
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-11-2021 at 07:03 PM.

The X-line would be better to relaunch X-men Unlimited and tell solo tales in there