Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default THE HUNTRESS/MATRON Helena Bertinelli Appreciation Thread 2021

Let's give it up for Italian comic representation and kudos to the great Huntress Helena Bertinelli!!! We seriously couldn't have gone this long without creating one!

Haven't been caught up in the comics but what has Helena been up to? Last I remember she was in the obvious DCEU influenced and forced Harley/Birds of Prey ongoing but wasn't that cancelled?

Also what is your favorite Huntress costume from her vast selection of wardrobe since the start? May be an obsolete and minor one, but I loved her Convergence costume. I liked how it was able to correlate in all her past costumes into something a little more modern and still be sleek and simple.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 01-11-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Seems like she will be appearing in the upcoming Detective Comics run

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Seems like she will be appearing in the upcoming Detective Comics run
    Is that a newly updated costume? Looks very similar to her Pre-Flashpoint one. Even the appearance as well since her hair isn't that curly.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Happy New Year to Helena Bertinelli .
    Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Is that a newly updated costume? Looks very similar to her Pre-Flashpoint one. Even the appearance as well since her hair isn't that curly.
    It looks like she's white again and made to look more like the movie version.

Let's give it up for Italian comic representation and kudos to the great Huntress Helena Bertinelli!!! We seriously couldn't have gone this long without creating one!

Agreed. Glad to know someone else enjoyed the Loeb/Lee/Hush version of...

Huntress

Haven't been caught up in the comics but what has Helena been up to? Last I remember she was in the obvious DCEU influenced and forced Harley/Birds of Prey ongoing but wasn't that cancelled?

Also what is your favorite Huntress costume from her vast selection of wardrobe since the start? May be an obsolete and minor one, but I loved her Convergence costume. I liked how it was able to correlate in all her past costumes into something a little more modern and still be sleek and simple.
    Probably in the minority, but I'll always be a fan of the Jim Lee redesigned-costume:

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-28-2021 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

The one and only Huntress!

Looking forward to seeing where Jorge Jimenez's retooling of the Huntress look turns up. Looks influenced by her Matron look from SPYRAL and from the Jersey Girl look from the "Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)" movie and even the Jim Lee belly window... in a GOOD way.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-12-2021 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Looking forward to seeing where Jorge Jimenez's retooling of the Huntress look turns up. Looks influenced by her Matron look from SPYRAL and from the Jersey Girl look from the "Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)" movie and even the Jim Lee belly window... in a GOOD way.
    Not sure the cape adds much but looks like a simple and effective update.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Glad to know someone else enjoyed the Loeb/Lee/Hush version of...

Huntress

Probably in the minority, but I'll always be a fan of the Jim Lee redesigned-costume:

That’s a minority opinion? I mean the belly window is a little silly, but I think that’s her longest running iconic looks having been on Justice League Unlimited and nearly the whole BoP runs. It’s a classic!

Here is a better look at the new design from Dan Mora's Twitter. I think it looks better without the cape. I wonder if they'll end up going a Wally & Wallace road with Helena or if they'll just ignore that she is seemingly white again.

https://twitter.com/Danmora_c/status...69216007548930

EpxvTpTWMAMcKA6.jpg

That’s a minority opinion? I mean the belly window is a little silly, but I think that’s her longest running iconic looks having been on Justice League Unlimited and nearly the whole BoP runs. It’s a classic!
    OMG! What a relief! Thanks for the support, Project Initiative Cascada!

And I'm in total agreement with you, the JLU version is truly iconic:

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Here is a better look at the new design from Dan Mora's Twitter. I think it looks better without the cape. I wonder if they'll end up going a Wally & Wallace road with Helena or if they'll just ignore that she is seemingly white again.

https://twitter.com/Danmora_c/status...69216007548930

EpxvTpTWMAMcKA6.jpg
    Huntress without a cape feels weird.

from Who's Who in the DC Universe #6 (January 1991)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Huntress is great. Hoping to see more from her this year!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really hope to see a Huntress ongoing, maybe have alternating arcs with Prime Earth Helena, and Earth 2’s Wayne, or a backup.

Incredible Member

i hate that they have white washed the current huntress

come and join the batgirls server! helena has a spot there. link
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3