Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I thought the new costume was okay. I'm curious who designed it. Jimenez throws a lot of costume design work out there but I didn't think there were any Infinite Frontier plans for Tynion & Jimenez to be the Huntress writers so you'd think whoever is drawing her for a story would do the design. Then again it doesn't always work that way with side characters. From a fashion point of view it looks okay - I like that it's a more muted hybridization of the recent Rebirth Huntress and the classic pretty elaborate BOP era costumes. The stripped down or low-key elements of it kind of lend themselves to her more recent Spyral gear. And the short midriff on that shirt is an ... okay design-inspired homage to the belly window, more a fashion choice than a "what the hell is this costume?" choice making it seem like it's just a useful shirt that doesn't quite come down all the way but evoking nostalgia in our brains gently.

That said it's still a pretty stupid thing for a combat-experienced vigilante crime fighter in a super-universe to go around exposing your bare abdomen when every Tom, Dick and Harry in Gotham is all about stabbing people with shivs and slitting throats happen every other issue.

Unless Helena starts killing people with guns and crossbows. You know, all those knives are less of a problem if you just shoot these fiends.

As always for fashionable or cool characters who are utilitarian, I'm always keen for Costume Variations to be an actual part of the character.
    I think it's more reasonable Dan Mora redesigned her since she'll be appearing in his 'Tec issues of Future State and the upcoming Tamaki run.

I would've just brought back her last Post-Crisis costume.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I kinda love this new Huntress look, from today’s Infinite Frontier.
    Attachment 106743
    While I get the movie comparison (never watched it just saw images), I see more of a hybrid of her past costumes - homeage to the belly-window, pants (from latter days BoP), cape.
    Not generally a fan of capes but glad they got rid of the coat/hood thing. Don't know what that was.
    The hair I do like but I think that's more a personal bias.
    It would have been good to keep the mask for the sake of being "different" but can live this.
    Overall - Like the new look. Art also helps.

from Batman Secret Files #1 (October 1997)

from JLA Secret Files #2 (August 1998)

Extraordinary Member

Lot of Huntress on June's Detective Comics covers:

So it looks like the color of her skin will depend on the cover .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

People were telling Dan Mora on Twitter that Huntress is supposed to be dark when the first cover came out. He didn't know, and if he's not the colorist looks like he passed on the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Looks great and I’m loving the new costume the more I see it. It’s simple but very refined and symbolic of her brand. Just that cape’s length bothers me more than it should. I can’t tell if it’s short or long but regardless it doesn’t fit much with the costume. Just looks like a dangling piece of fabric added on.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

IF#0 showed that the cape ends on her thighs

===

Huntress in Detective Comics #1034 watch over the front of City Hall (The district usually located in the south island of Gotham's three islands) during Mayor Nakano's fundraising event, while Bruce is inside with other rich people, still getting an invite by tradition despite no longer a billionaire
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-19-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Huntress & Black Canary starting inciting a brawl at a Batman henchmen convention. (Birds of Prey/Simone)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

The highlights on her hair from 1037 makes it look like she has a streak of white in it, and I’m for it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    People were telling Dan Mora on Twitter that Huntress is supposed to be dark when the first cover came out. He didn't know, and if he's not the colorist looks like he passed on the message.
    Oh! Good on him .
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post

Huntress & Black Canary starting inciting a brawl at a Batman henchmen convention. (Birds of Prey/Simone)
    They wore those outfits well...

Incredible Member

Oh! Good on him .
    I checked his Twitter and while I saw some people complaining , and I didn't see him make any reply to that affect.

In any case I find it a little weird to obsess this much about how tan she is. She's meant to be a swarthy Italian. So all the covers are within an appropriate spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I checked his Twitter and while I saw some people complaining , and I didn't see him make any reply to that affect.

In any case I find it a little weird to obsess this much about how tan she is. She's meant to be a swarthy Italian. So all the covers are within an appropriate spectrum.
    I think he replied "was she? I thought she's Italian" as in assuming she's white/light when someone asked isn't she supposed to be dark/tan/black.

People call it colorism. The tendency to default to light skin when the ethnicity is not clearly POC. As in when it's not black, indigenous, middle eastern, Indian, etc., the assumption is immediately they're light skin.

Then when they're established to be dark skin, someone lighten their skin up.

Examples of colorism is other countries are in South Africa, Brazil, Arab, Japan, or India where their beauty standard is picking light skin celebrity/model as the preferred/default, even though they have dark skin people. Even the ones that have majority of dark skin people in their country, their entertainment industry prefer light skin, coz they follow Hollywood or European fashion show.

Oh and not everyone sure if she's supposed to be tan Italian or black Italian
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-20-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

They wore those outfits well...
    That they did.