Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Should be an interesting read. Joey Vazquez doing the art again, I see. His second time on a Black Cat Annual, no less.
    He does a great job on the art department (especially the ladies) .

Although I'm morbidly curious if the butt shot was his idea or deliberately laid out in the script .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He does a great job on the art department (especially the ladies) .

Although I'm morbidly curious if the butt shot was his idea or deliberately laid out in the script .
    Does it really matter.I mean it's not affecting the comic.
    Do any of you feel like when we get such a thing it affects you personally or the comic?
    I don't for guys and girls.Seriously guys are shirtless half the time for fan service(I assume) and I don't really care and haven't seen anyone on the net complain as well.
    But a female with revealing clothing or suggestive angles and people take offense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean you are just putting random characters together at this point man.
    There are so many better team-up options too.
    It's about brand recognition. Hawkeye is a street fighter and former villain. The same applies to Black Cat. If anything made sense, would it sell? Hawkeye would open up a whole new world for Black Cat. Especially if Jessica Drew, Kitty Pryde and Yukio the wild one are part of Felicia's world. You got to mix things up to form interesting stories. Otherwise, things will get boring...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-24-2021 at 10:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It's about brand recognition. Hawkeye is a street fighter and former villain. The same applies to Black Cat. If anything made sense, would it sell? Hawkeye would open up a whole new world for Black Cat. Especially if Jessica Drew, Kitty Pryde and Yukio the wild one are part of Felicia's world. You got to mix things up to form interesting stories. Otherwise, things will get boring...
    I mean hawkeye will sell because of his show and general popularity.But she already has that with strange just better.
    Aside from that all the characters you mention don't sell well.
    Spider-woman is one of the worst selling series even though the art is gorgeous and kitty Pryde and yukio don't really have a solo brand recognition but more with the team.

Astonishing Member

I mean hawkeye will sell because of his show and general popularity.But she already has that with strange just better.
    Aside from that all the characters you mention don't sell well.
    Spider-woman is one of the worst selling series even though the art is gorgeous and kitty Pryde and yukio don't really have a solo brand recognition but more with the team.
    Spider-Woman doesn't sell because the series writers refused to bring the Spider-Man audience to the series. I feel that a huge opportunity for Jessica Drew is being wasted. I feel that if Jessica is a reoccurring guest in Peter's world as an ally and close friend, we might see some story collaboration between them that might translate into strong sales for her solo series. The reason why Black Cat sells well is because the writers are developing her character while maintaining close ties to Spider-Man's allies and rogues. In contrast, the writers for Spider-Woman have ignored it, which hurts sales. They seem to want to follow the classic Spider-Woman series of the 1970's where Jim Shooter told the writers that Spider-Man needs to stay out of Jessica's book. There is so much storyline potential between Jessica and Peter. Yet, no one at Marvel wants to put Jessica in the pages of ASM interacting with Peter Parker in a supporting guest spot cameo, or a story arc. A decade has passed since Bendis New Avengers run ended, and no other writer wants to do a Spider-Man x Spider-Woman team-up? That opportunity should have been featured in ASM(2014) in the first story arc that should have featured Jessica Drew and Peter finally working together against Black Cat. Instead, all we got was the introduction of Silk, which made me very angry as a reader who was looking for a team-up adventure between Spider-Man x Spider-Woman. The introduction of Silk and Spider-Gwen killed any chance of Jessica and Peter working together as close allies because Marvel quickly decided to create 2 additional Spider-Women(who wants nothing to do with Peter Parker at all)....

anyway, here is a link to Yukio

https://www.writeups.org/yukio-wolverine-marvel-comics/

she would make an excellent Black Cat ally
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-24-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Spider-Woman doesn't sell because the series writers refused to bring the Spider-Man audience to the series. I feel that a huge opportunity for Jessica Drew is being wasted. I feel that if Jessica is a reoccurring guest in Peter's world as an ally and close friend, we might see some story collaboration between them that might translate into strong sales for her solo series. The reason why Black Cat sells well is because the writers are developing her character while maintaining close ties to Spider-Man's allies and rogues. In contrast, the writers for Spider-Woman have ignored it, which hurts sales. They seem to want to follow the classic Spider-Woman series of the 1970's where Jim Shooter told the writers that Spider-Man needs to stay out of Jessica's book. There is so much storyline potential between Jessica and Peter. Yet, no one at Marvel wants to put Jessica in the pages of ASM interacting with Peter Parker in a supporting guest spot cameo, or a story arc. A decade has passed since Bendis New Avengers run ended, and no other writer wants to do a Spider-Man x Spider-Woman team-up? That opportunity should have been featured in ASM(2014) in the first story arc that should have featured Jessica Drew and Peter finally working together against Black Cat. Instead, all we got was the introduction of Silk, which made me very angry as a reader who was looking for a team-up adventure between Spider-Man x Spider-Woman. The introduction of Silk and Spider-Gwen killed any chance of Jessica and Peter working together as close allies because Marvel quickly decided to create 2 additional Spider-Women(who wants nothing to do with Peter Parker at all)....
    I agree with the creation of new characters is bad when we have old ones that could use the attention but your team-up argument boils down to I want them to team up because this character is not doing good and this one is doing great.Let's use that success.
    What benefit does Spider-man get from that.

I agree with the creation of new characters is bad when we have old ones that could use the attention but your team-up argument boils down to I want them to team up because this character is not doing good and this one is doing great.Let's use that success.
    another girl to his harem obviously
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    another girl to his harem obviously
    Well when you put it like that.
    Although Jess seems to be a little condescending around him.

Although enough exposure to Spidey's harem protaganist powers and I'm sure she'll come around.

Does it really matter.I mean it's not affecting the comic.
    Do any of you feel like when we get such a thing it affects you personally or the comic?
    I don't for guys and girls.Seriously guys are shirtless half the time for fan service(I assume) and I don't really care and haven't seen anyone on the net complain as well.
    But a female with revealing clothing or suggestive angles and people take offense.
    It's not like I mind it, just felt like something to comment on .

Extraordinary Member

It's not like I mind it, just felt like something to comment on .
    Oh okay.
    I meant do you think this stuff in general has an actual impact on us or not?
    Some people pretend they do but I don't see it.

If anything when marvel listens to those who say this stuff is wrong they generally go on the extreme with it.
    Carol danvers and She Hulk are 2 examples of characters that were great but got ruined.
    Carol is coming back a bit though, She-Hulk not so much.

Oh okay.
    I meant do you think this stuff in general has an actual impact on us or not?
    Some people pretend they do but I don't see it.

If anything when marvel listens to those who say this stuff is wrong they generally go on the extreme with it.
    Carol danvers and She Hulk are 2 examples of characters that were great but got ruined.
    Carol is coming back a bit though, She-Hulk not so much.
    I mean, there's a whole lot to unpack there that I'm not even remotely qualified to discuss compared to others beyond my personal opinion (I didn't mind it, just felt it was kind of noticeable because of the focus of the panel).

I'll just say that, compared to other female characters, it's probably not as much of an issue with Felicia and her series compared to others.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, there's a whole lot to unpack there that I'm not even remotely qualified to discuss compared to others beyond my personal opinion (I didn't mind it, just felt it was kind of noticeable because of the focus of the panel).

I'll just say that, compared to other female characters, it's probably not as much of an issue with Felicia and her series compared to others.
    Well said.
    I feel like I am not qualified either lol

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The annual is gorgeous.

Astonishing Member

Jessica Drew has extensive knowledge on some of Peter's rogues and allies. Second, they share similar adventures that would gel well together. Lastly, Peter could create Spider-Devices that would make Jessica's Venom Blasts very powerful.

Spider-Man has dealt with characters who has also encounter Jessica as well, like Mephisto, for example. What might had been cool to see is for Spidercide, Carnage, and Tombstone to become part of Jessica's rogues.

Extraordinary Member

Jessica Drew has extensive knowledge on some of Peter's rogues and allies. Second, they share similar adventures that would gel well together. Lastly, Peter could create Spider-Devices that would make Jessica's Venom Blasts very powerful.

Spider-Man has dealt with characters who has also encounter Jessica as well, like Mephisto, for example. What might had been cool to see is for Spidercide, Carnage, and Tombstone to become part of Jessica's rogues.
    No I meant in a sales prespective not in-universe.
    ASM books lately have been not-peter focused so I think he should have some solo missions for a while.

Also Spider-woman will appear in ASM specncer's run along with other spider's in SW