Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Great, they're gonna retcon Darkhawk into her backstory.I have a bad feeling about this.

Also LOL at Spider-man not being able to follow her.It's a rooftop chase, he has plenty experience w/ that.He also has far superior gear and speed, not to mention Spider-sense for any surprises.

I'm excited for this, and the art looks great but this infinity stone stuff has been pretty inorganic and forced IMO.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Great, they're gonna retcon Darkhawk into her backstory.I have a bad feeling about this.
    Not exactly (and that's Nighthawk not Darkhawk, just fyi). Nighthawk and Black Cat were involved in the alternate timeline of the recent HEROES REBORN event where the Avengers never existed and the Squadron Supreme took their place as Earth's primary superhero team.

Reality has since been restored to normal, but some of the characters involved still retain their memories of that alternate world--Nighthawk being one of them. So he has history with Black Cat in another reality, but our Felicia has no memory of it since it was an alternate timeline.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not exactly (and that's Nighthawk not Darkhawk, just fyi). Nighthawk and Black Cat were involved in the alternate timeline of the recent HEROES REBORN event where the Avengers never existed and the Squadron Supreme took their place as Earth's primary superhero team.

Reality has since been restored to normal, but some of the characters involved still retain their memories of that alternate world--Nighthawk being one of them. So he has history with Black Cat in another reality, but our Felicia has no memory of it since it was an alternate timeline.
    Thanks a lot.I remember now, Black cat wasn't the only thing he took from Spidey IIRC, they were pretty similar.

Event was bad IMO, in general and specially for Spider-characters.To be axpected, it was written by Aaron.

MJ is thrown in w/ knockoff flash in OMD.
    Black Cat is w/ Batman knockoff w/ a Spidet twist(Fingers crossed they don't pull the romance here)
    Peter was a knock off Jimmy Olsen.

One thing I do want to see is Hyperion and Peter, I think that is a dynamic that can work.It won't be like Jimmy and Supes.Peter also won't tell him who he is.

And we were just discussing the Catwoman comparisons...now Felicia has to deal with Marvel's discount Batman.

BLACK Cat Fan Comic History and art By Medson Lima with Rogue, Blink, Cyclops, Venom, Doctor Doom

https://www.deviantart.com/medsonlima

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for sharing, juan678. Great minicomic.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Pretty random, but the art is nice .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

In the Heroes Reborn's reality, Black Cat ended up breaking up with Nighthawk because she knew he was completely insane. Surely OUR Black Cat's reaction will be similar, or she could even turn a little like her time as "Queenpin" if Nighthawk punchs her. (This Nighthawk is crazy enough to do that).

Thanks a lot.I remember now, Black cat wasn't the only thing he took from Spidey IIRC, they were pretty similar.

Event was bad IMO, in general and specially for Spider-characters.To be axpected, it was written by Aaron.

MJ is thrown in w/ knockoff flash in OMD.
    Black Cat is w/ Batman knockoff w/ a Spidet twist(Fingers crossed they don't pull the romance here)
    Peter was a knock off Jimmy Olsen.

One thing I do want to see is Hyperion and Peter, I think that is a dynamic that can work.It won't be like Jimmy and Supes.Peter also won't tell him who he is.
    Well, I'm not entirely sure. Spider-Man doesn't have any connection with Hyperion, but if Peter would have access to his counterpart's memories, he would realize Hyperion was the cause Aunt May died in his world. And THAT would surely make Peter mad. And it would be interesting to see Hyperion, who always saw Peter as a friend, would realize his "friend" actually hated him for very good reason. And even if Peter don't tell Hyperion who he was, he could still see through his mask with his atomic vision.

Once said this, it would be interesting if Hyperion, looking for redemption, decides to work with Peter to "compensate" his sins.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    In the Heroes Reborn's reality, Black Cat ended up breaking up with Nighthawk because she knew he was completely insane. Surely OUR Black Cat's reaction will be similar, or she could even turn a little like her time as "Queenpin" if Nighthawk punchs her. (This Nighthawk is crazy enough to do that).

Well, I'm not entirely sure. Spider-Man doesn't have any connection with Hyperion, but if Peter would have access to his counterpart's memories, he would realize Hyperion was the cause Aunt May died in his world. And THAT would surely make Peter mad. And it would be interesting to see Hyperion, who always saw Peter as a friend, would realize his "friend" actually hated him for very good reason. And even if Peter don't tell Hyperion who he was, he could still see through his mask with his atomic vision.

Once said this, it would be interesting if Hyperion, looking for redemption, decides to work with Peter to "compensate" his sins.
    Please no Queenpin, Cat owning Hawk sounds great.Hopfully they don't bait a romance before this either, she's too smart for that.

Peter has in alt. timelines(IIRC, maybe it's 616) made mask w/ stuff that tony Stark can't see through at a very young age.They can easily do the same here for the Vision.

I think Hyperion who came looking for Peter at the end could work.Hyperion probably won't tell him.I doubt he would even have knows tbh.I think Peter Hyperion can be a friendship, same way their speedster said he looks up to Peter in ASM IIRC.

Astonishing Member

Please no Queenpin, Cat owning Hawk sounds great.Hopfully they don't bait a romance before this either, she's too smart for that.

Peter has in alt. timelines(IIRC, maybe it's 616) made mask w/ stuff that tony Stark can't see through at a very young age.They can easily do the same here for the Vision.

I think Hyperion who came looking for Peter at the end could work.Hyperion probably won't tell him.I doubt he would even have knows tbh.I think Peter Hyperion can be a friendship, same way their speedster said he looks up to Peter in ASM IIRC.
    I don't doubt Felicia's intelligence, but it disappoints me she wasn't able to realize that "Superior Spider-Man" was an imposter and that "betrayal" took her to the villain's path.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't doubt Felicia's intelligence, but it disappoints me she wasn't able to realize that "Superior Spider-Man" was an imposter and that "betrayal" took her to the villain's path.
    It was Slott, the way he was talking civilians could have told that he wasn't Spider-man.
    I'm glad Spencer did her right, her hunted tie-in was so good.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

No, they’re not retconning Nighthawk into Felicia’s history. It’s building something that involves the current Nighthawk using the Infinity Stones into recreating the Heroes Reborn world.

The relationship coming will definitely cause some waves.