Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
At normal circunstances, I would agree with you, but I suffered a deep deception when Black Cat became the Queenpin. I mean, she had EVERY RIGHT to be pissed after that, but what I still can't understand is that, even if she didn't remember Spider-Man's real name, she remembered all the crazy adventures both of them shared. Felicia knows how many jerks have tried to impersonate Spider-Man: Chameleon, Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, Venom.... I still can't understand how Felicia, giving her intelligence, could believe the jerk that ruined was the real Spider-Man and not another Spider-Fake (Doc Ock in this case).
I understand. I just chalk that up to bad writing on Slott's part, though Nick Spencer's explanation essentially canonized the idea that without the memories associated with Spider-Man's real name and face, Black Cat's character development that came out of falling in love with the Man as well as the Spider was effectively undone, causing her to revert to the more selfish and amoral personality she started with in her first appearances.