Extraordinary Member

Default Carnage by Ram V and Francesco Manna

I wonder if this will tie-in to Ram V's Venom with Ewing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if this will tie-in to Ram V's Venom with Ewing.
    It's likely, since Venom is also continuing certain plot points from Extreme Carnage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

"...finds the sadistic symbiote seeking a new bond after separating from its longtime host Cletus Kasady." Cool, so 00's Venom. Because that worked so well. As did all the other times the Carnage symbiote has left Cletus.

May I please ask who keeps buying Carnage solo books and ask you to stop? Lol.

Also, here's a genuine question: does the Carnage symbiote still have a 'voice' the way Venom does? It did in Spider-Carnage and I think it has since, but maybe it depends on the writer?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

So it’s basically just gonna be Carnage going around killing people while it seeks to find a new bond, something that it won’t because, even if it finds a new host, it’ll never quite be Kasady and he’ll eventually be back anyway especially now that the current Venom series has had Eddie die and still be fine. I can never quite wrap my head around giving Carnage, such a one-note villain, a solo. The previous one had to be about those that were trying to stop it more so than Carnage itself.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    "...finds the sadistic symbiote seeking a new bond after separating from its longtime host Cletus Kasady." Cool, so 00's Venom. Because that worked so well. As did all the other times the Carnage symbiote has left Cletus.

May I please ask who keeps buying Carnage solo books and ask you to stop? Lol.

Also, here's a genuine question: does the Carnage symbiote still have a 'voice' the way Venom does? It did in Spider-Carnage and I think it has since, but maybe it depends on the writer?
    Sometimes. The Carnage symbiote did speak to Norman Osborn when they first bonded in the preliminary issues to Go Down Swinging, where they became the Red Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So it’s basically just gonna be Carnage going around killing people while it seeks to find a new bond, something that it won’t because, even if it finds a new host, it’ll never quite be Kasady and he’ll eventually be back anyway especially now that the current Venom series has had Eddie die and still be fine. I can never quite wrap my head around giving Carnage, such a one-note villain, a solo. The previous one had to be about those that were trying to stop it more so than Carnage itself.
    I thought the Carnage symbiote, such as it was, was basically Kasady in all but name, anyway, since Kasady imprinted so much of himself onto what was a relatively innocent infant lifeform and overwhelmed its own, still-developing consciousness with his.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought the Carnage symbiote, such as it was, was basically Kasady in all but name, anyway, since Kasady imprinted so much of himself onto what was a relatively innocent infant lifeform and overwhelmed its own, still-developing consciousness with his.
    I've just been reading the Epic Collection 'Lifetheft'* which reminded me that it seems David Michelinie's intent was for Venom and Carnage's symbiotes to be very different. The Carnage symbiote died very early on but was absorbed into Cletus' blood giving it all the symbiote powers without the symbiote's mind or autonomy. I think. But I guess later writers just skipped/forgot that bit.

* yes, may God have mercy on my soul, it has the whole parents reveal/death and "I AM THE SPIDER" thing.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I've just been reading the Epic Collection 'Lifetheft'* which reminded me that it seems David Michelinie's intent was for Venom and Carnage's symbiotes to be very different. The Carnage symbiote died very early on but was absorbed into Cletus' blood giving it all the symbiote powers without the symbiote's mind or autonomy. I think. But I guess later writers just skipped/forgot that bit.

* yes, may God have mercy on my soul, it has the whole parents reveal/death and "I AM THE SPIDER" thing.
    Does it also include Shrieking?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Does it also include Shrieking?
    I had to check and it does!

The ASM issues go right up to meet the start of Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic book one, which is pretty sweet.

I had to check and it does!

The ASM issues go right up to meet the start of Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic book one, which is pretty sweet.
    All right, then. Thanks.