Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Sounds really exciting! Can't wait to read it .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds really exciting! Can't wait to read it .
    Very much in agreement here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Great issue today. My takeaway from it is that for all of Felicia's supposed amorality, she actually does have moral principles, she does have a functional conscience, and she does care about other people for more than just what she can get from them. Perfect characterization. Mackay nails her well.

spoilers:
    So Walter Hardy tells his wife to tell their daughter he's dead instead of in prison...husband/father of the year, folks.

It was nice to see Flash among Felicia's lover (and Odessa too? So they were involved or Felicia is attracted to her...?) although that one girlfriend in a flashback kind of stands out for how normal she is).
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:

It was nice to see Flash among Felicia's lover (and Odessa too? So they were involved or Felicia is attracted to her...?) although that one girlfriend in a flashback kind of stands out for how normal she is).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Tamara is normal comparatively to Felica's super-powered and costumed exes, but she is also a thief and one of Black Fox's former proteges. She's not exactly a normal average citizen.
    end of spoilers

Black Cat by Shannon Maer

Ultimate Member

Nice art of Felicia...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Nice art of Felicia...
    Indeed, a very nice photo-realistic pic of Felicia.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

As someone who doesn't know zilch about Felicia, this last issue was a bomb! I was expecting some big action, not a show of character, and McKay pulled it off perfectly without loosing excitement or attention.

Felicia said:EFF POWER! I CAN DO IT ON MY OWN!

And she got standing ovation from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    spoilers:
    Tamara is normal comparatively to Felica's super-powered and costumed exes, but she is also a thief and one of Black Fox's former proteges. She's not exactly a normal average citizen.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    True. Appearances can be deceiving .
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

This is for real? Black Cat is going to have her hands on the Infinity Gauntlet?!! OK, sure, what could possibly go wrong? (By the way, that was sarcasm).

It kinda surprised me Felicia wouldn't like the idea of make Spider-Man (or any other past romance) to love her through magic. I mean, even before her time as "Queenpin", Felicia did quite a lot of "questionable things". Having the Infinity Gauntlet and the power to bend reality at her will, it worries me what her subconscious could do.

One idea that crossed my mind, maybe wishing to be with her Spider, she could do something that would affect Mary Jane. How about if, in an unexpected twist, Felicia merges herself with Mary Jane? Would be get a redhaired Black Cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    This is for real? Black Cat is going to have her hands on the Infinity Gauntlet?!! OK, sure, what could possibly go wrong? (By the way, that was sarcasm).

It kinda surprised me Felicia wouldn't like the idea of make Spider-Man (or any other past romance) to love her through magic. I mean, even before her time as "Queenpin", Felicia did quite a lot of "questionable things". Having the Infinity Gauntlet and the power to bend reality at her will, it worries me what her subconscious could do.

One idea that crossed my mind, maybe wishing to be with her Spider, she could do something that would affect Mary Jane. How about if, in an unexpected twist, Felicia merges herself with Mary Jane? Would be get a redhaired Black Cat?
    I think what a lot of people don't realize about Felicia is that as amoral and selfish as she can act (and sometimes be), she did grow past a lot of those tendencies as time went on and has matured into someone who has at least a semblance of standards and ethics, if not necessarily morals. Hell, if you take her revealed backstory from Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do into account, she'd likely see making people love her through magic as tantamount to what was done to her back then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think what a lot of people don't realize about Felicia is that as amoral and selfish as she can act (and sometimes be), she did grow past a lot of those tendencies as time went on and has matured into someone who has at least a semblance of standards and ethics, if not necessarily morals. Hell, if you take her revealed backstory from Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do into account, she'd likely see making people love her through magic as tantamount to what was done to her back then.
    At normal circunstances, I would agree with you, but I suffered a deep deception when Black Cat became the Queenpin. I mean, she had EVERY RIGHT to be pissed after that, but what I still can't understand is that, even if she didn't remember Spider-Man's real name, she remembered all the crazy adventures both of them shared. Felicia knows how many jerks have tried to impersonate Spider-Man: Chameleon, Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, Venom.... I still can't understand how Felicia, giving her intelligence, could believe the jerk that ruined was the real Spider-Man and not another Spider-Fake (Doc Ock in this case).