Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cool, and I remember reading that one in the Marvel TPB "Typhoid's Kiss" collecting a lot of Ann Nocenti's Typhoid Mary stories from the 90s. While my personal favorite might have been Spectacular Spider-Man #213-214, Marvel Comics Presents #150-151 was definitely a great read.
    That’ll be part of my Spidey re-read 1987-the end of the Ben Reilly era.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Cataholics!!! Pick up Marvel Voices Pride next Wednesday. It is truly beautiful.

I love how she takes offense to the wig and the cheap mask .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    That’ll be part of my Spidey re-read 1987-the end of the Ben Reilly era.
    Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah, same here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yesssss!!! Also, this is the story I’m reviewing for the Pride Voices special, and I’m very excited about what Cat might go from here.

I’m gonna be honest, this vignette is one of the better ones in the book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    All these villains are going to get involved? I think it's too many Sinisters for Spidey. Anyway, let's see the groups:

+ Sinister Six: Doctor Octopus, Sandman, Hydro-Man, Kraven the Hunter (his son/clone, I suppose), the Lizard and we can guess the Question Mark is the return of the original Electro. I don't get why the Lizard would join this group, however.

+ Savage Six: Vulture, Rhino, Scorpion, King Cobra, Stegron and Tarantula (the original one resurrected, apparently).

+ Sinister Syndicate: Lady Octopus, Scorpia, Femae Electro, Female Beetle and White Rabbit. (But I think we are missing the female "Trapster").

+ Foreigner, Chance, Slyde and Jack O'Lantern are working together in the current Chamaleon Conspiracy in the comics. Someone else involved.

+ Group not identified: Shocker, Speed Demon, Taskmaster and Black Ant.

There are two villains that I don't recognize, however. Can somebody help me?:
    + The guy with the purple helmet who is between Kraven and the Scorpion.
    + The guy with the purple mask between the panel with the Question Mark and the panel with Taskmaster and Black Ant.

PD: How is Harry Osborn in Spidey's inner circle? I mean, I don't know who Kindred really is, but I don't think he was really Harry. Still, Peter is really sick of the Osborns.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    All these villains are going to get involved? I think it's too many Sinisters for Spidey. Anyway, let's see the groups:

+ Sinister Six: Doctor Octopus, Sandman, Hydro-Man, Kraven the Hunter (his son/clone, I suppose), the Lizard and we can guess the Question Mark is the return of the original Electro. I don't get why the Lizard would join this group, however.

+ Savage Six: Vulture, Rhino, Scorpion, King Cobra, Stegron and Tarantula (the original one resurrected, apparently).

+ Sinister Syndicate: Lady Octopus, Scorpia, Femae Electro, Female Beetle and White Rabbit. (But I think we are missing the female "Trapster").

+ Foreigner, Chance, Slyde and Jack O'Lantern are working together in the current Chamaleon Conspiracy in the comics. Someone else involved.

+ The guy with the purple mask between the panel with the Question Mark and the panel with Taskmaster and Black Ant.

PD: How is Harry Osborn in Spidey's inner circle? I mean, I don't know who Kindred really is, but I don't think he was really Harry. Still, Peter is really sick of the Osborns.
    There's another variant out there just like this for this issue but includes doctor doom etc.
    The group with Shocker,etc. is probably the boomerang team.

Astonishing Member

The guy with the purple helmet is Overdrive, who was part of Boomerang's Sinister 'Six' along with Shocker and Speed Demon. If Boomerang recruits Taskmaster and Black Ant, that will give him a new Sinister Six again.

The purple mask is the Trapster. Since the female Trasptr is missing from the picture, maybe that is supposed to be her--maybe she's adopted the same purple mask her predecessor used to wear. Or maybe the original Trapster is getting involved for some reason. Hypothetically it could also have been an error--the artist was supposed to draw the female Trapstr and drew male Trapster instead...but you'd think an error like that would get caught by the editor and fixed.

As for Harry Osborn, his is/was one of Peter's best friends. In spite of everything that has happened, those emotional ties are still there.

Astonishing Member

Would be nice to have Hank McCoy as part of Peter Parker's close circle of friends.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Would be nice to have Hank McCoy as part of Peter Parker's close circle of friends.
    Current Hank should be no-one's friend much less Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah with stuff he is pulling in X force no one should want to be friends with him
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah with stuff he is pulling in X force no one should want to be friends with him
    Pretty sure they will throw him in the Pit alongside Sabertooth.

Astonishing Member

Old Hank McCoy and Peter Parker had the potential to be true BFF because their love for science(as well as being outcast to society) would make for an interesting partnership.,

Astonishing Member

Pretty sure they will throw him in the Pit alongside Sabertooth.
    Imagine with Tigra, Puma, Feral,Thornn and Sabertooth worked together as a team?

Extraordinary Member

Black cat is getting a major push from Marvel.
    Aside from her movie being considered/being worked on? IIRC we have got her in the Pride books and she was the one of the 2 with decent story.
    She is also a big part of Marvels and is being featured in Crossroads with Doc Strange.
    Yeah is Black Cat and Doc Strange supposed to be a duo now.Personally there are better characters for both to be partnering with and Doc would just be annoyed by Felicia.
    The biggest is that she is supposed to be the character who has the 3 infinity stones according to solicits.
    I mean the run is currently doing terrible sales wise but I think all this should boost it up.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Black cat is getting a major push from Marvel.
    Aside from her movie being considered/being worked on? IIRC we have got her in the Pride books and she was the one of the 2 with decent story.
    She is also a big part of Marvels and is being featured in Crossroads with Doc Strange.
    Yeah is Black Cat and Doc Strange supposed to be a duo now.Personally there are better characters for both to be partnering with and Doc would just be annoyed by Felicia.
    The biggest is that she is supposed to be the character who has the 3 infinity stones according to solicits.
    I mean the run is currently doing terrible sales wise but I think all this should boost it up.
    Shame on the last part, because it's been a lot better than I think a lot of people are crediting it with being.
    The spider is always on the hunt.