Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;5674307]
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    agree 100 percent as great as the black cat solo series is probbaly one of marvel best. The character works so much better if you weave her in and out of the amazing spiderman ongoing book and then once ever year or so you give her a spotlight limited series. Some character and books as great as they are just cant hold an ongoing series. I hope Mckay gets the post beyond amazing slotbut looking less likely but besides moon knight hope he has another high profile ongoing though as he is one of marvles best writers right now[/QUOTE
    Let’s be honest, Felicia is not going to end up with Peter ( unless it is in an AU story). So why keep her in the 616 Peter universe. Why won’t she? Lots of reasons but being untrustworthy ( stealing being one example) and the fact that MJ is Peter’s true love are as good as any. Felicia needs to find her own supporting cast, rogues gallery and storylines without Peter propping her up.
    Bruh she doesn't need to be the love interest to be in ASM.And as we saw her solo books can't sustain at all, the sales are terrible and that's with a good writer and artist.It's just not gonna happen.
    Better in ASM than nothing.
    And even as a friend her dynamic with Peter is great.

I think sales were solid for the kind of book it was, if not long-lasting sales.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think sales were solid for the kind of book it was, if not long-lasting sales.
    They were consistently below 100, around 115-130 IIRC.That's almost at the bottom of the barrel specially for Marvel.
    For this kinda of book, it should be 50-75 specially for its quality and creative team.

Gutted the series is ending but not surprised given the poor sales. People seriously have no taste, this has consistently been my favourite book every month with not one bad issue IMHO. At least we got 25 issues of Black Cat goodness over all from McKay and I hope he gets the chance to write her again in some capacity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They were consistently below 100, around 115-130 IIRC.That's almost at the bottom of the barrel specially for Marvel.
    For this kinda of book, it should be 50-75 specially for its quality and creative team.
    That begs the question: Why are the sales so poor? One given is female driven superhero books do not sell as well as their male counterparts ( Wonder Woman excluded). The same concept applies to the WNBA compared to the NBA and LPGA compared to the PGA Tour. Basically a demographic problem. Is it right? Maybe maybe not ( I do not want to get into the sociological aspect of it, but it is what it is).,But beyond that, you have to ask is how does Felicia compare in sales to Ghost Spider Gwen and Cindy ( comparing apples to apples). If they are beneath them, you have to ask what exactly is her future ( besides possibly being “The Other Woman” in Amazing).

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm not saying that Felicia is Peter's true love, only that if they being Marvel are hesitant to put MJ and Peter together fully then there's nothing wrong with Peter and Felicia for a time...

Or they could just pull Wolverine/Cyclops/Jean and put all three of them together.

Ultimate Member

Some would say that they already are, and then some on Krakoa...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Or they could just pull Wolverine/Cyclops/Jean and put all three of them together.
    Absolutely positively not. Peter and MJ are one of the great romances in comic book history (right there with Lois and Clark). No need to pull a cheap stunt to titillate certain people.

I thought it was a more solid seller in hard numbers, but I guess I could be off.

Extraordinary Member

I thought it was a more solid seller in hard numbers, but I guess I could be off.
    Could you elaborate on what hard numbers are?

It's sold pretty bad from everything I've seen which is a shame but that's why it got cancelled imo.They were tryna go the catwoman route(both have solos and are doing their own thing) with but no romance or platonic entanglement with Spider-man which might have hurt this as compared to Catwoman who is still a part of the Bat mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Absolutely positively not. Peter and MJ are one of the great romances in comic book history (right there with Lois and Clark). No need to pull a cheap stunt to titillate certain people.
    Jean/Scott/Logan doesn't seem to be written like it was created to titillate though.

I'm glad that they showed they can do poly without it being exploitative

Could you elaborate on what hard numbers are?

It's sold pretty bad from everything I've seen which is a shame but that's why it got cancelled imo.They were tryna go the catwoman route(both have solos and are doing their own thing) with but no romance or platonic entanglement with Spider-man which might have hurt this as compared to Catwoman who is still a part of the Bat mythos.
    I think it was doing 33K-30K for a bit until the last few issues, but I also think that Felicia being on her own and making her way in the Marvel Universe without having to deal with Peter for a bit was good from a storytelling perspective (even Catwoman's current solo hasn't really used Batman that much).

Extraordinary Member

I think it was doing 33K-30K for a bit until the last few issues, but I also think that Felicia being on her own and making her way in the Marvel Universe without having to deal with Peter for a bit was good from a storytelling perspective (even Catwoman's current solo hasn't really used Batman that much).
    I mean I don't know the numbers so i can't say, just that it's been performing horribly.

Yeah, but Catwoman is still a part of his current mythos and they are the number one ship for Bruce and before her solo she had a major role in Batman.Black Cat didn't.Also Black cat was doing the classic including other famous character which boosts sales, same as Shang chi.So sales would be higher for those than just her issues.

I agree it was nice to see her in the solo but as we saw it won't sustain.This is with a great writer and artist and her being part of big stuff in the MU, can't push her much more.It's just not viable.And one of the best issues in these runs was the annual with Peter, it's Black Cat focused but his inclusion just makes her better and brings in sales.It's a win-win.

I mean I don't know the numbers so i can't say, just that it's been performing horribly.

Yeah, but Catwoman is still a part of his current mythos and they are the number one ship for Bruce and before her solo she had a major role in Batman.Black Cat didn't.Also Black cat was doing the classic including other famous character which boosts sales, same as Shang chi.So sales would be higher for those than just her issues.

I agree it was nice to see her in the solo but as we saw it won't sustain.This is with a great writer and artist and her being part of big stuff in the MU, can't push her much more.It's just not viable.And one of the best issues in these runs was the annual with Peter, it's Black Cat focused but his inclusion just makes her better and brings in sales.It's a win-win.
    Well, her solo came not long after she was reestablished as a part of Peter's life in an arc focused on her and I wouldn't really change anything about how the comic was handled story-wise.

Extraordinary Member

Well, her solo came not long after she was reestablished as a part of Peter's life in an arc focused on her and I wouldn't really change anything about how the comic was handled story-wise.
    My point is catwoman was a much more important part for much longer for Batman before her solo.