Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, as I said Marvel doesn't want Peter to have kids and specially not with anyone other than MJ.
    I agree with the stealing, but she will always steal.Just make it so that she does it for people who need it.
    Nah, marriage ain't her thing.Keep her single and independent, or have her date a female civilian.She is Bi and I don't want that to be just swept up, and I don't want her to play second fiddle to Flash or the other thief guy she has a one-night stand with in her solo.
    Go the MC2 route.
    I am not touching upon the sexuality aspect of Felicia, but she should find someone she wants to be with ( besides Peter ( and I am not even sure she would be faithful to him)). Character Growth is important in fiction and perhaps the biggest flaw ( and there were many in the Slott run) was the regression in Peter ( and perhaps to a greater extent Felicia ( Queen Pin for example)).

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Remember JMS wanted Peter to have kids with Gwen and Marvel said NO. Of course we ended up with Sins Past. As for the game I never played it ( I am not into video games). As for Felicia and Peter being friends, there is nothing wrong with it, but one thing I would like to see from her is character growth and besides quitting the stealing ( obvious) she needs to find a significant other who can make her happy. ps. When it comes to marriage it will not be Peter. It will either be MJ or no one.
    Well, in HoM, Pete actually has a son with Gwen... named Richard, after Pete's father, because in this world his uncle Ben is alive.

Extraordinary Member

I am not touching upon the sexuality aspect of Felicia, but she should find someone she wants to be with ( besides Peter ( and I am not even sure she would be faithful to him)). Character Growth is important in fiction and perhaps the biggest flaw ( and there were many in the Slott run) was the regression in Peter ( and perhaps to a greater extent Felicia ( Queen Pin for example)).
    Why would she not be faithful tf?She would be 100% faithful, I mean I can't understand people who think Cat or MJ are unfaithful, if they ever are that's Sins Past type bad writing.
    Yeah, they aren't mutually exclusive in the slightest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, in HoM, Pete actually has a son with Gwen... named Richard, after Pete's father, because in this world his uncle Ben is alive.
    It's an alt. reality never meant to last though

It's an alt. reality never meant to last though
    that was Editorial's plan A, but... like many other "temporary" story settings it was popular enough that they made a full-on alt-U for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    that was Editorial's plan A, but... like many other "temporary" story settings it was popular enough that they made a full-on alt-U for it.
    what alt. U.
    And he can have sons and daughters with whoever in alts.
    This is about canon 616

Astonishing Member

what alt. U.
    This is about canon 616
    I happen to agree, but it seems that Peter has been having multiple stories with him having kids. Some great ( RYV and Life Story), others suck ( Abrams Spider-Man). So I wonder if the AU kids are a test to see how the readership reacts? I could seem in Amazing 1000 the return of Mayday or maybe Annie from RYV comes to 616?

what alt. U.
    This is about canon 616
    Marvel uses the idea that there's functionally unlimited alternate realities with practically any version of events in them.
    I happen to agree, but it seems that Peter has been having multiple stories with him having kids. Some great ( RYV and Life Story), others suck ( Abrams Spider-Man). So I wonder if the AU kids are a test to see how the readership reacts? I could seem in Amazing 1000 the return of Mayday or maybe Annie from RYV comes to 616?
    MC2 Spider-Girl was... actually quite popular, which made the cancellation of MC2 in general even more unfortunate :/
    Last edited by marhawkman; 08-14-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The fact that I had to go back four pages to find a post about the book ending that was not a discussion on her relationship with Spider-Man and how much better she is with him is a sad telling as to why this book may have ended. This was one of the best books on the stands, consistently written, excellently drawn every month. Even artists that I didn't care for seemed to do a better job on this book. Felicia had a good run though, not many characters have gotten her opportunity twenty three issues plus an annual is a good run these days for a side character. I do hope she returns again on her own (without Parker, I honestly could care less about his comic book entity.)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The fact that I had to go back four pages to find a post about the book ending that was not a discussion on her relationship with Spider-Man and how much better she is with him is a sad telling as to why this book may have ended. This was one of the best books on the stands, consistently written, excellently drawn every month. Even artists that I didn't care for seemed to do a better job on this book. Felicia had a good run though, not many characters have gotten her opportunity twenty three issues plus an annual is a good run these days for a side character. I do hope she returns again on her own (without Parker, I honestly could care less about his comic book entity.)
    That's a fair point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    That is how discussions work but fair point.
    It's not about who is better and how, it's sustainability.It's about how you are getting the most content from her which is what we all want.
    Nonetheless 23 issues is a great thing in in of itself.
    She might return without him but most people do like them together(in a comic, not talking romantically) and she can't sustain a solo even with a great creative team and a push.
    Unfortunately for you a overwhelming majority do care about Spider-man(arguably more than any other Marvel hero) so he is her best shot at getting consistent content.

Extraordinary Member

So just read the new issue and damn, this ain't it.Maybe the worst one yet

spoilers:
    She's working for Doctor Doom, casually at that
    She wants to help another mass murdering super-villain for him.Monica Rappucini.
    They are collecting infinity stones to...... cure her cancer.There are several better ways to go about this.This isn't an infinity stones level threat.
    The star interaction w/Spider-man and how she was captured again isn't explained.
    Infinity stones are on the loose in people on the street and you want us to believe none of the magic users or high-tech guys know about it
    And one nerfed infinity stone can't cure cancer
    end of spoilers

I've always felt that Spencer wrote a slightly better Black Cat than Jed and I finally see why.Her sense of morality, Spencer portrays a perfect version of her moral ambiguity , Jed's seems much more on the dark side and we haven't seen any consequences for that yet.Also writes her as way too carefree for my taste but that's personal.

Really hope the next issue delivers.

So just read the new issue and damn, this ain't it.Maybe the worst one yet

spoilers:
    She's working for Doctor Doom, casually at that
    She wants to help another mass murdering super-villain for him.Monica Rappucini.
    They are collecting infinity stones to...... cure her cancer.There are several better ways to go about this.This isn't an infinity stones level threat.
    The star interaction w/Spider-man and how she was captured again isn't explained.
    Infinity stones are on the loose in people on the street and you want us to believe none of the magic users or high-tech guys know about it
    And one nerfed infinity stone can't cure cancer
    end of spoilers

I've always felt that Spencer wrote a slightly better Black Cat than Jed and I finally see why.Her sense of morality, Spencer portrays a perfect version of her moral ambiguity , Jed's seems much more on the dark side and we haven't seen any consequences for that yet.Also writes her as way too carefree for my taste but that's personal.

Really hope the next issue delivers.
    I enjoyed the issue, personally.

spoilers:
    I think Felicia's playing with fire and some dangerous individuals but we haven't seen what her ultimate plan or what she gets out of it is.

I assume the Avengers tie-in explains what happens to Star.

They talked about how the Reality Stone can't actually cure cancer so I'm sure there's some plan to it. Not sure what's next for Monica.

There are other Infinity Quest tie-ins that I'm guessing explain how everyone else is reacting to it.
    end of spoilers

I think with Spencer, since Felicia's in ASM with Spider-Man, her better side ends up showing more than it does in her solo where she's a thief, although I think Jed's shown she has better angels (aside from that gorgeous angel Felicia in the book) when push comes to shove. As far as consequences, I think we'll need to see the final issue to see for sure.

Line of the issue: "In face of that, what do I have? Well, a can-do attitude, a couple loyal boys, a great head of hair, and a set of legs that won't quit, for starters."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

spoilers:
    I think Felicia's playing with fire and some dangerous individuals but we haven't seen what her ultimate plan or what she gets out of it is.

They talked about how the Reality Stone can't actually cure cancer so I'm sure there's some plan to it. Not sure what's next for Monica.

There are other Infinity Quest tie-ins that I'm guessing explain how everyone else is reacting to it.
    end of spoilers

I think with Spencer, since Felicia's in ASM with Spider-Man, her better side ends up showing more than it does in her solo where she's a thief, although I think Jed's shown she has better angels (aside from that gorgeous angel Felicia in the book) when push comes to shove. As far as consequences, I think we'll need to see the final issue to see for sure.

Line of the issue: "In face of that, what do I have? Well, a can-do attitude, a couple loyal boys, a great head of hair, and a set of legs that won't quit, for starters."

You can say being around Peter brings out the best in her since he was and still is a good influence on her.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    If you wanna know how Star ended up where she is, read the backup in Miles Morales: Spider-Man Annual, which continues the Infinite Destinies storyline.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.