Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So just read the new issue and damn, this ain't it.Maybe the worst one yet

spoilers:
    She's working for Doctor Doom, casually at that
    She wants to help another mass murdering super-villain for him.Monica Rappucini.
    They are collecting infinity stones to...... cure her cancer.There are several better ways to go about this.This isn't an infinity stones level threat.
    The star interaction w/Spider-man and how she was captured again isn't explained.
    Infinity stones are on the loose in people on the street and you want us to believe none of the magic users or high-tech guys know about it
    And one nerfed infinity stone can't cure cancer
    end of spoilers

I've always felt that Spencer wrote a slightly better Black Cat than Jed and I finally see why.Her sense of morality, Spencer portrays a perfect version of her moral ambiguity , Jed's seems much more on the dark side and we haven't seen any consequences for that yet.Also writes her as way too carefree for my taste but that's personal.

Really hope the next issue delivers.
    spoilers:
    Rappacini isn't a full black hat though.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah it's one of those things where the difference between antagonist and villain becomes important.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I enjoyed the issue, personally.

spoilers:
    I think Felicia's playing with fire and some dangerous individuals but we haven't seen what her ultimate plan or what she gets out of it is.

I assume the Avengers tie-in explains what happens to Star.

They talked about how the Reality Stone can't actually cure cancer so I'm sure there's some plan to it. Not sure what's next for Monica.

There are other Infinity Quest tie-ins that I'm guessing explain how everyone else is reacting to it.
    end of spoilers

I think with Spencer, since Felicia's in ASM with Spider-Man, her better side ends up showing more than it does in her solo where she's a thief, although I think Jed's shown she has better angels (aside from that gorgeous angel Felicia in the book) when push comes to shove. As far as consequences, I think we'll need to see the final issue to see for sure.

Line of the issue: "In face of that, what do I have? Well, a can-do attitude, a couple loyal boys, a great head of hair, and a set of legs that won't quit, for starters."
    Fair enough, maybe she does have a plan but Star did Eavesdrop and it doesn't seem like it.

Wasn't that about another infinity stone.Maybe it's in another one

That's worse than saying Spider-man can't hold up a one dollar bill.Like she has in Spider-man tie-ins alone threw around cabs, made her own web shooters, grown giant and teleported.She has done some mind control shenanigans as well.

Yeah, but like this is a universal level thing.How these guys are running around streets is bizarre to me.

Yeah, but even when robbing Felicia helps that kid and she comes of as more compassionate.I do like the thief side tbh, but she has robbed some of the biggest heroes, was blinsided into also giving up manhattan and lied about it and now is working for super-villains.So like, they better have that confrontation they promised in those 2 issues w/ Spider-man and the others.

That line was great

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    spoilers:
    Rappacini isn't a full black hat though.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah it's one of those things where the difference between antagonist and villain becomes important.
    I mean she conducts experiments of innocents and has killed them so....
    And Doom is straight up evil sometiimes.

I hope they have an explanation for this

Fair enough, maybe she does have a plan but Star did Eavesdrop and it doesn't seem like it.
    I don't think what Star eavesdropped on was the full picture in as far as Felicia's endgame.
    That's worse than saying Spider-man can't hold up a one dollar bill.Like she has in Spider-man tie-ins alone threw around cabs, made her own web shooters, grown giant and teleported.She has done some mind control shenanigans as well.
    Curing cancer might be a bridge too far.
    Yeah, but like this is a universal level thing.How these guys are running around streets is bizarre to me.
    Welcome to comics .
    Yeah, but even when robbing Felicia helps that kid and she comes of as more compassionate.I do like the thief side tbh, but she has robbed some of the biggest heroes, was blinsided into also giving up manhattan and lied about it and now is working for super-villains.So like, they better have that confrontation they promised in those 2 issues w/ Spider-man and the others.
    She never robbed them maliciously and she tried to make the Manhattan thing right in her own way.
    That line was great
    Agreed .

Extraordinary Member

I don't think what Star eavesdropped on was the full picture in as far as Felicia's endgame.

Curing cancer might be a bridge too far.

Welcome to comics .

She never robbed them maliciously and she tried to make the Manhattan thing right in her own way.

Agreed .
    Yeah, but it clearly shows she's working to cure the cancer.

No, just no.Infinity stones are way too big for this, Star herself has done more and there are thousands of different things you can do to cure cancer than the f*cking infinity stones.Even Norman Osborn has a cure for it and he's currently sin-less and Spider-man has built stuff to better detect and cure cancer as well.

Fair enough but this more absurd than a nuclear football being sold for a dollar.

I mean it's still robbing, Not saying she should go have a trial or anything.Just tell them that she didn't do it for maliciously and we'll be good.

Yeah, but it clearly shows she's working to cure the cancer.
    No, just no.Infinity stones are way too big for this, Star herself has done more and there are thousands of different things you can do to cure cancer than the f*cking infinity stones.Even Norman Osborn has a cure for it and he's currently sin-less and Spider-man has built stuff to better detect and cure cancer as well.[/QUOTE]
    Still not a line I think they're willing to cross in terms of comics.
    I mean it's still robbing, Not saying she should go have a trial or anything.Just tell them that she didn't do it for maliciously and we'll be good.
    I don't think they'll care it wasn't malicious, but I'm sure she'll flash them her winning Felicia smile .

Random thought, this series started out showing the main casts first mugshots in the first issue...maybe bring it in full circle with present-day mugshots to end the book? Just a thought.

Extraordinary Member

No, just no.Infinity stones are way too big for this, Star herself has done more and there are thousands of different things you can do to cure cancer than the f*cking infinity stones.Even Norman Osborn has a cure for it and he's currently sin-less and Spider-man has built stuff to better detect and cure cancer as well.
    Still not a line I think they're willing to cross in terms of comics.

I don't think they'll care it wasn't malicious, but I'm sure she'll flash them her winning Felicia smile .

Random thought, this series started out showing the main casts first mugshots in the first issue...maybe bring it in full circle with present-day mugshots to end the book? Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Kinda messed up the quote there I think.
    They have already crossed it, and even if they won't there are ways to do this without the infinity stones.Use any other artifact.Even if you are hell bent on infinity stone one can do the job easy, specially reality.

I mean they all hang around "pretty ladies" all the time, a smile ain't gonna get her anywhere in that crowd.I mean if she explains everything including manhattan then maybe they'll understand, but the Spider-man confrontation is a must.

Oooh, cool idea

Lucky:

Unlucky:

Besides that time Otto punched Felicia face off has Peter himself ever tried to stop her like arrest her for real?
    Last edited by Jman27; 08-20-2021 at 06:58 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Besides that time Otto punched Felicia face off has Peter himself ever tried to stop her like arrest her for real?
    Well, when they first initially dealt with each other, yeah. Like I think he tried to bring her in after she broke her dad out of prison and then apprehended her during her faked "crazy" period where she was stealing out of her obsession for him.

I think there was another time he chased after her thinking she'd turn to crime again or because Felicia felt like she was in danger of going to prison and she ran off, not knowing DeWolf had gotten her a pardon.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

She says she's working for Doom and Rappaccini. Is she really working for them, though?

Extraordinary Member

I think a better motivation would be getting Fox out the vaults.That's also something worth a single infinity stone.Reality would solo but Star at her levels may need help.

She hasn't physically been shown working for them and I think she's definitely working her own angle into this. I feel like there's a personal motivator.

Extraordinary Member

She hasn't physically been shown working for them and I think she's definitely working her own angle into this. I feel like there's a personal motivator.
    I would agree but this entire Doom Monica thing came so out of left field.If this is meant to be a big twist then they should build it up more.
    If it just intimidation tactics to scare Star and the reveal isn't gonna be a made a big deal then it works imo.