Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I've seen the Selina Kyle Catwoman written well, it's just that.... well... she doesn't work as Batman's ally unless she stops doing actual heists, and people keep trying to force her to. You can't have her simultaneously be a criminal and crimefighter.
    but felicia does the same though
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    but felicia does the same though
    I guess it's to a large extent a matter of nuance. Pete is hesitant to be friends with Felicia simply because of her criminal leanings, while Catwoman? Often it just gets ignored that her main reason for super stuff is criminal.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I've seen the Selina Kyle Catwoman written well, it's just that.... well... she doesn't work as Batman's ally unless she stops doing actual heists, and people keep trying to force her to. You can't have her simultaneously be a criminal and crimefighter.
    Sometimes, the comics try to justify it insofar as her stealing from people who aren't necessarily nice or good people themselves, and at least she's looking out for the people in her corner of Gotham that tend to get overlooked or abused by the proverbial powers that be.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sometimes, the comics try to justify it insofar as her stealing from people who aren't necessarily nice or good people themselves, and at least she's looking out for the people in her corner of Gotham that tend to get overlooked or abused by the proverbial powers that be.
    Which is kinda like fighting crime, except it may or may not cause more trouble than it solves... especially if they don't know who stole their stuff.

Which is kinda like fighting crime, except it may or may not cause more trouble than it solves... especially if they don't know who stole their stuff.
    Fair point, I'll admit.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Thanks for sharing this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    So cool.Love me some Peterfel

sketch Frank Cho

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

sketch Frank Cho
    More please

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    There is one thing in fiction almost everyone can agree is good and that is character growth. Putting Felicia in her own Universe can help her achieve character growth. She will never reach her true potential being the “Other Woman.” I am an “MJ or no one guy” but if Marvel wants “Another woman” for Peter then use a nothing character like Michelle Gonzalez or Carlie Cooper. Not someone like Felicia that brings more to the table then good looks.
    Late to the party but no sir, I don't like it. First, there's no such thing as "true love". Who dates who is purely dictated by editorial and the writers, and if Peter dating Wolverine makes for a better story on paper, then they'll do it. Peter has dated other women before, and I'm sure it won't be the last time either. Superman got with Wonder Woman, Cyclops with Emma Frost, etc etc. Let's not pretend this stuff is eternally etched in stone.

Second, shunting a character to an alternate universe because she complicates Spider-Man's universe completely misses the point of the character and comic book writing in general. Take away all of the superpowers and it's 100% pure soap opera and melodrama. They don't write these stories so that everyone gets along and everything works out perfectly - what drives story is conflict in various forms, including through interpersonal relationships. With that in mind, Felicia plays a key role as being one of the few supporting characters that isn't an uncompromising boy scout and conversely sits in a grey area, which is a unique dynamic to Spider-Man's more binary supporting cast. Also her character has come a long way since the 90's, ignoring the more recent temporary regression. I've been pretty fine with her growth since the whole queenpin thing got righted.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 09-10-2021 at 05:57 AM.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Late to the party but no sir, I don't like it. First, there's no such thing as "true love". Who dates who is purely dictated by editorial and the writers, and if Peter dating Wolverine makes for a better story on paper, then they'll do it. Peter has dated other women before, and I'm sure it won't be the last time either. Superman got with Wonder Woman, Cyclops with Emma Frost, etc etc. Let's not pretend this stuff is eternally etched in stone.

Second, shunting a character to an alternate universe because she complicates Spider-Man's universe completely misses the point of the character and comic book writing in general. Take away all of the superpowers and it's 100% pure soap opera and melodrama. They don't write these stories so that everyone gets alone and everything works out perfectly - what drives story is conflict in various forms, including through interpersonal relationships. With that in mind, Felicia plays a key role as being one of the few supporting characters that isn't an uncompromising boy scout and conversely sits in a grey area, which is a unique dynamic to Spider-Man's more binary supporting cast. Also her character has come a long way since the 90's, ignoring the more recent temporary regression. I've been pretty fine with her growth since the whole queenpin thing got righted.
    Man speaking facts.If anything the closer she is to Spidey in both in universe and IRL the better.

Like Emma and Jean, they don't need to be other woman's.MJ is w/Peter for the forseeable future, Felicia is friends rn but w/ slight teasing(from her, nothing Peter returns).Like Emma and Scott rn.Just no Logan.

They aren't bff's, but they can be friends.We've seen it in marriage and their pregnancy and even after that.Felecia doesn't have friends or girlfriends and she wants one as she says herself, and MJ always wanted someone to talk to about Peter and spider-man.It works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Man speaking facts.If anything the closer she is to Spidey in both in universe and IRL the better.
    Yessiiiiiiiiiir
    The restrained yet persistent tension is what makes their dynamic fun (imagine I put a clap emoji in between each of those words like it was an obnoxious tweet for emphasis)
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Second, shunting a character to an alternate universe because she complicates Spider-Man's universe completely misses the point of the character and comic book writing in general. Take away all of the superpowers and it's 100% pure soap opera and melodrama. They don't write these stories so that everyone gets along and everything works out perfectly - what drives story is conflict in various forms, including through interpersonal relationships. With that in mind, Felicia plays a key role as being one of the few supporting characters that isn't an uncompromising boy scout and conversely sits in a grey area, which is a unique dynamic to Spider-Man's more binary supporting cast. Also her character has come a long way since the 90's, ignoring the more recent temporary regression. I've been pretty fine with her growth since the whole queenpin thing got righted.
    I don't think that commenter was saying they want less conflict (they did suggest using other characters in the role). Their argument was that Felicia has more potential than complicating Peter's love life.

Extraordinary Member

Yessiiiiiiiiiir
    The restrained yet persistent tension is what makes their dynamic fun (imagine I put a clap emoji in between each of those words like it was an obnoxious tweet for emphasis)
    This.That dynamic is sooo good.Why would you ever take that away.(I too would want to put clapping emojis here)