Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It's more likely she'd identify as bi/pan, I think.

This issue made me more excited to see her team up with Jackson. Too bad we have no other material for Jess, though. Maybe they'll show up in main continuity? Possibly? The issue said they came to stop a conspiracy. Could be Checkmate related.
    Whatever their relationship is, I doubt it will be long lasting, after all she is the Future Queen of Atlantis and will have to live underwater.... It also seems that she didn't tell her parents about that relationship and was angry at Jess for appearing while she was talking with them.

Cross franchise relationships hardly ever work out. Particular "future" ones. I'd just like to see the characters more.

Interesting to have Jo as the veteran of the team. Makes sense when she was already an adult when Andy was still a toddler.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Interesting to have Jo as the veteran of the team. Makes sense when she was already an adult when Andy was still a toddler.
    technically, both her and Batman are the vets, Tim is an adult of similar age to Jo in contemporary times. depending on where in continuity/time Jo's adventures as the Far Sector GL took place, he may even be older than her. which would explain why they're the only two who appear to be talking the League rules seriously.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Seems like Andy and Jess have a thing going on?

This issue was really enjoyable. Makes me sad we only have one other issue with this team, but it was nice that we were able to see the dynamics of the team. Jo as the team's detective is a treat and makes perfect sense.
    Yeah I kind of hope that this or Next Batman could continue on as an elseworld digital series or something.

Also I love that their is now a new goal for Batman, may be the worlds best detective but what about Multiverse’s best detective.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    technically, both her and Batman are the vets, Tim is an adult of similar age to Jo in contemporary times. depending on where in continuity/time Jo's adventures as the Far Sector GL took place, he may even be older than her. which would explain why they're the only two who appear to be talking the League rules seriously.
    Including the most important Batman rule, to sneak up on his teammates. :> Seriously though, he may even have contingency plans on them like Bruce did.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I kind of hope that this or Next Batman could continue on as an elseworld digital series or something.

Also I love that their is now a new goal for Batman, may be the worlds best detective but what about Multiverse’s best detective.
    yeah, of the Future State books i've read (so far) Justice League, and The Next Batman (and Wonder Woman to a slightly lesser extent. i need to give it another looksie) have done the best job of making me want to see more of and really live in the world they've set up. I haven't gotten to Green Lantern yet but i'm banking on that being up their too. short of the DC universe evolving into the world of Future State in the next few years, I wouldn't mind them doing an imprint (digital-first or otherwise) where we can just explore more of these stories in their own continuity. hell, maybe they could put Future State on the Elseworld, but i feel people would react...less than enthusiastically to that .
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Including the most important Batman rule, to sneak up on his teammates. :> Seriously though, he may even have contingency plans on them like Bruce did.
    the sheer amount of times Batman was just lurking in the back or in the shadows made me laugh. He really took to that one Bruce habit heavy! I wouldn't be surprised if he did have contingencies on everyone, but i kinda would like to believe the paranoia to create entire thoroughly planned out protocols for his comrades behind their back was a uniquely Bruce thing and that other Batmen would just keep an eye out. although, the last League breakdown due to a betrayal, so he would have a better precedent to have protocols in place.

currently following:

It's more likely she'd identify as bi/pan, I think.

This issue made me more excited to see her team up with Jackson. Too bad we have no other material for Jess, though. Maybe they'll show up in main continuity? Possibly? The issue said they came to stop a conspiracy. Could be Checkmate related.
    Maybe they'll be the Power Girl to Wallace's Supergirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the sheer amount of times Batman was just lurking in the back or in the shadows made me laugh. He really took to that one Bruce habit heavy! I wouldn't be surprised if he did have contingencies on everyone, but i kinda would like to believe the paranoia to create entire thoroughly planned out protocols for his comrades behind their back was a uniquely Bruce thing and that other Batmen would just keep an eye out. although, the last League breakdown due to a betrayal, so he would have a better precedent to have protocols in place.
    I don't know what Jace's level of access to Bruce's stuff is, but he could theoretically fall back on the contingencies Bruce already had available since this League would basically have the same weaknesses as the original one did (except Jo since I think her ring recharges indefinitely, but I think the modern GL contingency was a Sinestro Corps. ring?).

Although back in Forever Evil Johns had Bruce say he couldn't come up with anything to stop Wonder Woman.

I gotta say, while I was always looking forward to Future State or 5G cause I like these kind of stories this issue kinda blew me away. I was not expecting that twist with the Legion of Doom, based on the rules I assumed this would be mostly action oriented/plot driven but we got great character work all throughout. I loved the in story stuff, how these guys ARE Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman etc and are doing their thing and not questioning themselves. And I literally gasped at that last page when they revealed the Hyperclan. I reread Morisson's New World Order like every month, I love the Hyperclan and the era in particular of the League so I'm all in on this. I need a scene of Protex telling his team to remember to pay close attention to Batman this time and my 2021 will be complete.

I liked Jon more here then in his comic, and Yara remains the best thing about FS. While Batman here could have been Bruce for all intents and purposes. The others were cool enough. Overall I thought it was ok.

I wasn't expecting to like this issue so much. Maybe it's the Morrison nostalgia with solid character pieces, but it was the best JL book in quite some time.
    I hope the next issue lives up to this, but I'm curious how they'll manage in only one issue. This one seemed like the start of a much longer arc.

This was a really good issue. In true Superman fashion, not being able to have an emotion connection to people around him is torture for Jon. He was presented much better here than in Future State Superman. I didn’t see the twist ending coming. Nice job Mr. Williamson! I guess Darkseid controlled by Starro was a clue. Both were the first villains of well known Justice League runs. Of course, The Hyper Clan were the first villains in arguably the best Justice League run.

My only complaint is that we didn’t get to see The Lasso of Existential Terror in action. Haha I love that concept!

Really enjoyed the Justice League Dark backup as well. Etrigan is one of my favorite characters so it’s always nice to see him play a sizable role in a story. What the hell kind of soul did Etrigan give Ragman?!?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah when the Legion was dead I got to admit I thought it was a complete fake out given the solicitation but when we got to the ending it was a much better idea.

I enjoyed the Justice League Dark so I was cool with the back up we got, though I’ve been noticing lately how Etrigan keeps getting treated as a semi-villain and that kind of continues here. It was nice to see Ragman be cool though.
    Etrigan has been portrayed as more villainous than heroic since the 80s/90s. In Garth Ennis’ great run on The Demon, he was a straight up evil demonic bastard. I much prefer him to be slightly more heroic or kind of an anti-hero. He’s a demon so his nature will have him leaning towards the dark side but he’s used for good by Merlin and Jason (if he can control him).
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-12-2021 at 07:36 PM.

surprised by how much I enjoyed this issue. It's actually a pretty solid roster too.
    The J-man